Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What if Armenians were Muslim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• londontsi
    replied
    Re: What if Armenians were Muslim?

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    I agree with Hakob as to my own faith I do not see how it is anyone's business other then mine. Sure we have been Chrystians for a long time but we were pegans for even longer so like where does that logic lead? You can believe whichever fairytale you like but if you feel yourself as an Armenian then that is good enough for me.
    For the sake of liberal mindedness lets accept that what you say is fair as far as "the isolated you".

As a (Armenian) Muslim if your ideology preaches that you have to force other non Muslims to convert to the Muslim religions how will you behave.

Since in such politico-religious phases of history you would not have a choice, it might even cost your own life, what would you do.

Therefore it is a fallacy to say
    I agree with Hakob as to my own faith I do not see how it is anyone's business other then mine.
    It is narrow minded and and short-sighted to say the least.
    I will not indulge in evaluating intellectual capability.
    Last edited by londontsi; 10-10-2015, 05:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Haykakan
    replied
    Re: What if Armenians were Muslim?

I agree with Hakob as to my own faith I do not see how it is anyone's business other then mine. Sure we have been Chrystians for a long time but we were pegans for even longer so like where does that logic lead? You can believe whichever fairytale you like but if you feel yourself as an Armenian then that is good enough for me.

Leave a comment:

• Hakob
    replied
    Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
    Armenians are christian, you cannot be one without the other. If you're muslim, what is stopping you from marrying a turk or azeri? Exactly, at that point just do everyone a favor and gtfo. I'm not anti-muslim, but I would accept a nigger loving Kardashian before I would a muslim Armenian. I'm sure there are more liberal armenians who are more accepting, being from Iran I am not one of them and don't share their enthusiasm.
    If a person is Armenian by heart and feels pride in himself and loves his nation, then he will try to marry within his nationality. Does not matter if he is a Muslim.
    There is another thing going right now. There are a lot of Muslims in turkey and around who think they have Armenian roots and want to go to that root.
    If they convert to Christianity or not, we should embrace them with open hearts.
    What you are talking is based on religion and that idea has hurt us so much.
    In 17 th century, in Poland we lost about half a million Armenians because the our patriarch there Nerses (whom our church named Nerses Nzovial decided to convert to Catholicism.
    Our church excommunicated all of that diaspora community, which only fastened their loss of identity.
    Today, there are poles doing some Catholic prayers in Armenian (without understanding) but don't call them self Armenian.
    Muslim or not. If a Guy feels asArmenian as I am and wants to keep it that way is my brother also.
    Maybe he will convert or not, does not matter.
    If religion helped us to keep our identity from mixing with other nationalities in diaspora good.
    But in my Armenia it does not matter.
    I am very much against the other religions and cults. Especially the cults I hate the most. But I will not throw any Armenian off the basket because of that.
    We need them all. Better if all is apostolic Christian like I, but not enough to loose them.

Leave a comment:

• Ak105
    replied

"Armenians are christian, you cannot be one without the other. "
    This is where you and most other Armenians are dead wrong! When we were peagans were we not Armenians then? You do not understand that we are far older then chrystianity itself. As a matter of fact our glory years happened before we adopted chrystianty and we have been going downhill since we did. Sometimes facts smack you hard in the face if you are ignorant of them.
    are you an atheist?

Leave a comment:

• Spetsnaz
    replied

Originally posted by haydavid View Post
    So much bullxxxx.
    some of you guys seriously need to go outside and see the true world
    so sad people
    FYI.. Armenians who were obliged to convert to Muslim in Turkey nowadays are going back to Armenia and are being baptised to return back to Christianity. I'm not anti Muslim considering the fact that right now im living in a Muslim country. But u have no Idea what it means to marry a Muslim to a Christian girl or a boy. (Well let me elaborate what I mean) for a guy to marries a girl. He is always persecuted by her relatives. What abt a girl who marries a Muslim boy. She has to forget everything related to Christianity. 1st rule our sons name is either Mohammed Yusef or Ali or else. Anw just saying. Ur free to marry a Muslim.
    Last edited by Spetsnaz; 10-09-2015, 01:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Shant03
    replied

This is where you and most other Armenians are dead wrong! When we were peagans were we not Armenians then? You do not understand that we are far older then chrystianity itself. As a matter of fact our glory years happened before we adopted chrystianty and we have been going downhill since we did. Sometimes facts smack you hard in the face if you are ignorant of them.
    My family for the most part shares your perspective and feel Christianity is what screwed us over as people. However when you look at all the modern day religions, Christianity shares a lot with paganism and is the closest related. So it isn't like we did a complete 180. Now, the purpose of my quote of armenians are christians, you can't have one without the other, is because we have been christian for 1700 years. Therefore, the two have been mixed together like a nice martini, so at this point you cannot have one without the other. Being Armenian means being christian, hema you don't have to hold a cross up when turks are attacking, but don't ignore whats been part of our culture all this time.
    Last edited by Shant03; 10-09-2015, 12:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Haykakan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• argin
    replied

Originally posted by Shant03 View Post
    Armenians are christian, you cannot be one without the other. If you're muslim, what is stopping you from marrying a turk or azeri? Exactly, at that point just do everyone a favor and gtfo. I'm not anti-muslim, but I would accept a Kardashian before I would a muslim Armenian. I'm sure there are more liberal armenians who are more accepting, being from Iran I am not one of them and don't share their enthusiasm.
    Your point is widely accepted,in Iran if any Armenian,specially woman changed religion or ran away with a Muslim is then kiked out of the church and is denied by the family as a part of it and they can't be identified as Armenian,in some cases it been that the family goes after and kills their kin to preserve their reputation lol
    Last edited by Federate; 10-09-2015, 03:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• haydavid
    replied

So much bullxxxx.
    some of you guys seriously need to go outside and see the true world
    so sad people

Leave a comment:

• Shant03
    replied

Armenians are christian, you cannot be one without the other. If you're muslim, what is stopping you from marrying a turk or azeri? Exactly, at that point just do everyone a favor and gtfo. I'm not anti-muslim, but I would accept a Kardashian before I would a muslim Armenian. I'm sure there are more liberal armenians who are more accepting, being from Iran I am not one of them and don't share their enthusiasm.
    Last edited by Federate; 10-09-2015, 03:53 PM. Reason: No bigotry please

Leave a comment:

Working...
X