Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What if Armenians were Muslim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What if Armenians were Muslim?

It seems to me like some of you guys talking so fondly about accepting Armenians who freely covert to Islam- not Genocide victims-or about preferring Muslims to Atheists haven't actually lived among Muslims. And no watered down Muslims in the west don't count.

I introduce you to Ashura Tasura, one of many beautiful muslim traditions
    Muharram is the first month of the Islamic calendar. It is one of the four sacred months of the year. Since the Islamic calendar is a lunar calendar, Muharra...

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
      It seems to me like some of you guys talking so fondly about accepting Armenians who freely covert to Islam- not Genocide victims-or about preferring Muslims to Atheists haven't actually lived among Muslims. And no watered down Muslims in the west don't count.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGbhBRdDFS4

I think being aware, with an understanding of other religions is a mature thing, suffice to say as long as it does not cause offence to you or your own nation.

Most people who profess to belong to a religion rarely have a full understanding of the religion let alone practicing it.

When an individual declares one religion is better than another one is usually is an ignorant individual who has had a bad experience or met an undesirable clergy

and generalises his frustration and disappointment universally against the whole religion.

In order to fully understand a religion one must have a degree of knowledge which can only be acquired with years of study as well as mental to attitude to that study.
      Something most people rarely have the time or purpose to do.

Therefore people tend to stay in the religion they were brought up in perpetuating the religious community not through theology but social belonging.

Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGbhBRdDFS4
        I guess you did not know but chrystians have the same tradition/practice. People are not so different.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

VICE News reporter Medyan Dairieh spent three weeks embedded with the Islamic State, gaining unprecedented access to the group in Iraq and Syria.
          Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
          Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

That vid was worth a watch. Feast your eyes on the results of USA foreign policy.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I am generalizing obviously but this has been my experience of our culture when it comes to Religion. Armenians born in Iran/Iraq/Lebanon/Syria..etc.. are very faithful when it comes to their christian religion. For example, my family relocated to Iran from Parakar 400 years ago. To this day we have Armenian churches in one of the most radical muslim countries in the world, a country which stones women for having affairs and hangs homosexuals by cranes. We have over 20 churches with most of them being located in the capital of the country because all my ancestors knew was to be Armenian which meant to be Christian. Only 25 years ago, Armenians in ARMENIA were not allowed to practice their christian faith. They were not allowed to step foot in Etchmiadzin. This is one of the main factors as to why there is such a huge gap between my faith and my cousins who grew up in Armenia.

Many of you may view Armenian's from Iran as half Armenians, or do not put differences between an Armenian born in Iran and a muslim Armenian, but that is where you are wrong. I admire Armenians before we adopted the Christian religion as our own, but I also feel the Christian religion shares a lot of similiarities as to what being Armenian is all about. I would welcome a turk before I accept a Muslim Armenian.
              Last edited by Shant03; 10-13-2015, 04:50 PM.

Comment

"I would welcome a turk before I accept a Muslim Armenian. "
                Unfortunately many Armenians feel this way. Valuing religion over being Armenian is a huge mistake. Being Armenian is much more then being Christian. Being Armenian predates Christianity, it predates most other civilizations. You are doing a disservice to your own culture by limiting it to just Christianity.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                  "I would welcome a turk before I accept a Muslim Armenian. "
                  Unfortunately many Armenians feel this way. Valuing religion over being Armenian is a huge mistake. Being Armenian is much more then being Christian. Being Armenian predates Christianity, it predates most other civilizations. You are doing a disservice to your own culture by limiting it to just Christianity.
                  You cannot be muslim and retain your armenian heritage/culture. I don't care how you want to paint it, the two don't mix. If you are muslim, you belong with muslims. A Muslim armenian is not going to join the army to kill muslim azerbaijanis... at that point they have more in common with azeri's than us.

I actually find you funny how you are so anti-west yet so welcoming of muslims. Let me ask you this, what muslim country treats others with the same respect you appear to be giving them? What if the majority of Armenian's became muslim in Armenia.. you wouldn't care right?
                  Last edited by Shant03; 10-13-2015, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
                    ... Being Armenian is much more then being Christian. Being Armenian predates Christianity, it predates most other civilizations.
                    You are doing a disservice to your own culture by limiting it to just Christianity.
                    Can you define what is a pre Christian Armenian which you want us to be, perhaps references as well.

Also in what way will it help us face our present challenges as a country as well as a nation?

Why is it that you you despise Christian Armenians yet you want to embrace "Muslim Armenians".

Last edited by londontsi; 10-13-2015, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Re: What if Armenians were Muslim?

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
                      Can you define what is a pre Christian Armenian which you want us to be, perhaps references as well.

Also in what way will it help us face our present challenges as a country as well as a nation?

Why is it that you you despise Christian Armenians yet you want to embrace "Muslim Armenians".

x2 big red star for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X