Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Current Condition of Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Current Condition of Armenia

Originally posted by Nare View Post
    Another big mouth, are you ready to participate in collecting money for the operation for Armenian kids this week?
    Nop, I'm not. Giving money creates nothing but dependence. It's just a feel good thing for people like you so you can go to sleep happy and don't feel guilty when the next day you spend 10x your donation on new shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
      Well, the moon landing was a distraction... there isn't really any undoubted evidence that man landed on the moon. The President promises that man will land on the moon in 10 years and it happens... what does a president know about space travel? About as much as Obama knows about oil or combustion engines. NASA is just a branch of the military. It's another organization that uses public money and resources to develop military technology. Bin Laden may not be a myth but he's definitely a fake.

I mean, Armenians love conspiracy theories because we know that people are born liars and are generally dishonest.

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
        Nop, I'm not. Giving money creates nothing but dependence. It's just a feel good thing for people like you so you can go to sleep happy and don't feel guilty when the next day you spend 10x your donation on new shoes.
        It's really better to burn money than donate it.... at least taking it out of circulation means it won't go back into crooked hands.

Oh, and for the most part people in western countries donate or create organizations for the tax breaks. It makes them look like they are being generous when really it doesn't cost them a cent. The government comes out looking good, everybody is happy and nothing really gets accomplished. Smoke and mirrors.
        Last edited by KanadaHye; 02-14-2011, 07:56 AM.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
          I understand that.

I would like to "know" BEFORE I make any financial or emotional investment into a project.

Can you imagine an inward investor trying to invest with a fear if he will get a funny phone call or not.

If you are serious about making investments in Armenia make another thread and we can discuss it there. I got some tips.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
          to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

And whose fault is it you don't use your brains to understand the obvious? On how many posts of mine you and your cheap kind are going to stalk me? Is it why you log in here?

Ad since charity part doesn't sound idiotic to you, what is your reply? Are you going to take part in online charity for cancer kids?

Ah, I don't use my brians? You make wild accusations without any proof. Maybe if you stopped with your crazy talk and Armenia bashing my 'cheap kind' and I would have a normal convo with you.

If you provide more info on the charity I will consider it.
            For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

Egypt fallout: Arab uprising prompts search for differences and similarities in Armenia

The shockwaves of the Egyptian revolution completed late last week through a lasting popular uprising have lightly reached Armenia in the form of talk and speculation and wishful thinking on the part of Armenia’s frail opposition. But pro-establishment forces in Armenia as well as some international experts see little reasons to expect developments in the country according to the Egypt or Tunisia scenarios.

Anti-government protests in Egypt began on January 25 and snowballed into a popular push to remove the government through demonstrations in the streets of capital Cairo and elsewhere in this major Arab country, forcing the veteran ruler Hosni Mubarak to step down after nearly 30 years in power.

While the situation in post-Mubarak Egypt is far from being calm, with continued looting and violence reported even after the dismantling of the Mubarak reign, the significance of the developments in the country for a possible chain reaction elsewhere in the region and beyond can hardly be overestimated.

The Armenian opposition, which unsuccessfully attempted to achieve a government change through similar nonstop street protests this month three years ago, is convinced that sooner or later the wave of revolutions will reach this region as well. But its representatives say that unlike in Egypt where hundreds of people were reportedly killed and thousands were injured in street violence, they can lead a revolution without victims and festruction.

Local pro-government parliamentarians however believe at this time Armenia is immune to any sort of revolution or social riot.

After Mubarak’s resignation on Friday, Armenia’s main opposition Armenian National Congress (ANC) issued a statement hailing the “victory of the people of Egypt”, which, according to the Armenian opposition, proved that “any tyrant in the world is powerless in the face of a peaceful popular mobilization.”

According to former foreign minister Alexander Arzumanyan, who was imprisoned in the wake of the 2008 post-election clashes in Yerevan on charges of organizing the riots, says that “if a tyrant like Mubarak who has ruled for 30 years gets toppled, it won’t be difficult to topple the petty tyrants here.”

While, according to Arzumanyan, the slogans of the Egyptian revolution, such as “bread, freedom, dignity”, are fully applicable in Armenia as well, the ANC, which will launch a series of public rallies on February 18, excludes a revolution according to the Egypt scenario in Armenia.

ANC coordinator Levon Zurabyan welcomes “the victory of the people of Egypt”, but at the same time he stresses that it is not acceptable for their movement.

“We must exclude bloodshed and similar disturbances, we need a smooth political process, we need to reach a velvet revolution,” Zurabyan tells ArmeniaNow, adding, though, that all prerequisites for a revolution according to the Egypt or Tunisia scenarios do exist in Armenia.

“Of course, there are major prerequisites [for such a revolution], such as the social and political crisis, and mounting social protest,” says Zurabyan.

Many analysts in Armenia believe that the stirred wave of revolutions will rather have an indirect effect on Armenia, but it is possible that it will become “a catalyst in conditions of the started social riot.”

Meanwhile, a leading American research center, Stratfor, published a report last week, concluding that an Egypt scenario was unlikely to occur in Armenia.

“Armenia is not typically prone to large-scale unrest and protests, though recently the country’s opposition has called for a large rally February 18 in Yerevan’s Liberty Square, citing Egypt as an inspiration,” the Stratfor report said.

Zurabyan dismissed the report as a superficial attempt at analysis.

While banned street trade in Yerevan, a row over customs clearance for car owners and individual entrepreneurs importing goods from Turkey continues to fuel protest moods in Yerevan and elsewhere in the country government representatives in Armenia insist that “social riots in the country are impossible.”

“There are no such prerequisites, because our government is doing everything and is taking serious steps to carry out reform,” Deputy Parliament Speaker Samvel Nikoyan, representing the ruling Republican Party, tells ArmeniaNow.

Meanwhile, chairman of the Armenian Sociological Association Gevorg Poghosyan warns that “events in the Arab world also threaten Armenia”, which “may lead to self-destruction.”

According to the sociologist, regression has been observed in all the areas examined by his center, namely in education, military, and health.

“This regression poses more danger than the tragic events of March 1 (2008), moreover, emigration looms large again, one of the reasons for this [increasing] emigration is the growing threat of war on the Karabakh front. These are serious prerequisites,” says Poghosyan, warning that unless curbed, this self-destructive trend may even result in the loss of statehood.

So I posted this for two reasons. First, to show another example of how tools of western agents are trying to undermine the statehood of Armenia, and in essence this 'media outlet' has been calling for a revolution for some time now. They tamed their antics after what happened in March 2008, but in the last few months have stepped up their anti-Armenian activities. The second reason is the sentence in bold. Do some of you who were defending Armenians as this great people who are so talented (I agree btw), yet were confused and even angered when I said people, and Armenians specifically, deserve the government which they have, now see what I and others meant when we said that too many Armenians have been lacking in their social evolution? People sense war, and what do they do? They cut and run. But many of these people who run are the first in line to bad mouth Armenia and call it a dictatorship, etc. These people are our 'self destructive peasantry'. And I say to hell with them, they are not real Armenians!

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
                I cannot believe I am reading this? So you refuse to help an Armenian kid who is on treatment right now in Israel fighting with cancer?
                I hope you can sleep well without helping ARMENIAN kids.
                Last edited by Nare; 02-15-2011, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
                  Ah, I don't use my brians? You make wild accusations without any proof. Maybe if you stopped with your crazy talk and Armenia bashing my 'cheap kind' and I would have a normal convo with you.

If you provide more info on the charity I will consider it.
                  I am not bashing Armenia, you know that. When your close person is ill with cancer you bash cancer to save loved one.

Anyway, we all send as much as we can, no pressure, everything counts, in Armenia bloggers stand at Tamanyan monument and wait for others to come with envelopes at certain day. Those who live abroad send money as it suits them. For now we only have people who help from Armenia and those who live in former USSR or moved to other countries, never had Diaspora members, would really help those kids and their parents. Some kids were saved. But we lost one kid recently after successful operation in Paris...

There is also a fedayi family which is starving, bloggers made an arragments to get 10 people who will send 10$ per month ,so family can have stable 100$ a month. Obviously with rising prices in Armenia it is not enough for anything, but still it is something, and bloggers also are not millioners.
                  Today we had great news, big donation...

And all details are here, follow the links, please..Nobody will know your details, everything goes to them directly, unless you choose to send money to specific bloggers who will take them from hands to hands...These kids are in hospitals and we are ONLY people they have, look into those beautiful ARMENIAN eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by gegev View Post
                    How much money did you, yourself, donate? I guess millions!

Bible says: your left hand shouldn't know how much the right one donated.
                    You guessed wrong, I don't have millions, but guess what? I do have some amount of money which will not hurt if I donate to the kids who need it it right now!
                    I just will not buy extra shoes about which Levon was talking... I look good even barefoot lol

I thought Bible said to help others as well, and you don't need to announce it loud, but you (unlike Armanen) never asked for details, that is the difference.

Comment

You guessed wrong, I don't have millions, but guess what? I do have some amount of money which will not hurt if I donate to the kids who need it it right now!
                      I just will not buy extra shoes about which Levon was talking... I look good even barefoot lol

I thought Bible said to help others as well, and you don't need to announce it loud, but you (unlike Armanen) never asked for details, that is the difference.
                      I don't need to announce/talk about it loudly, as advised by ... That doesn't mean that it is the first time I heard about charity, and/or didn't take part .... Note please that those of us who didn't talk about it that much, I'm sure, as opposed to ... are really generous ones in fact ...
                      Last edited by gegev; 02-15-2011, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X