Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Current Condition of Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Current Condition of Armenia

It's been posited all the various protests and revolutions around the world have helped feed each other... perhaps that might motivate a bit?
    Won't be enough for Armenia - not enough people supporting opposition.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Eddo Armenia is surrounded by 100million enemies who want it gone so dont u see how security might trumph other matters and rightfully so? As for the oposition in Armenia-it takes on many forms but the fact that its leader always happens to be LTP is very disturbing. The fact that the ANC is supporting LTP should rais all kinds of red flags but i doubt diasporans even give it a second thought. I have lived in the diaspora most of my life and when it comes to armenian matters the diasporans are like a bunch of sheep who look to their chirch and the anc for guidence wiithout ever questioning either one nor demanding quality from their leaders. I have seen so many disturbing speeched made by idiotic clergymen during mass who blamed the genocide on the victims lack of faith but the speech was in armenian and since most diasporans dont understand it and the rest appearently didnt see anything wrong with that speech thus no one did anything about it. I was so angry i wanted to choke the stupid clergyman for blaming his own people like that but no one around me seemed even a bit disturbed they all just kept kepping on with their stupid smiles on their faces. Its amazing that someone can offend u and your people in the most offencive manner imaginable on april 24 and not only will diasporans not do anything but they just kept smiling caus it was a beutiful sunday and they were in church. It is examples such as this that compell me to tell fellow armenians in the diaspora to question their leaders political and religious. These people need to be held accountable for what they say and do not worshiped for being idiots.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
        I see no architectural reasons for free standing pillars.
        Which I why I'm guesing that they are there to carry the names of the (un)great and (un)good who paid for the church or those who will, in the future, give big financial donations. What other function could they have? There are similar things at the cathedral in Yerevan, only not as big and attached to the walls rather than freestanding (and which are still mostly blank).
        Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
          Are hunger strikes really effective? Do people care?
          It's the reactions from those that are in power which will probably decide that. Most dictators, big or small, are control freaks (it's like what I said on another thread, they require absolute control - no divergence, however small, however correctly held, however well explained, is permissable). To decide whether to eat or not, whether to live or not, is the one thing that even the most powerless can still have control over.
          Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
            That's why most people view them as "he'll break it eventually or someone will feed him when he's hospitalised".
            This is why I thought people might not care. It seems rather like the child who threatens to hold their breath until you give them what they want. Of course, they don't have to eat like we'd need to involuntarily gasp for breath, but have people ever resisted to the point of death if their demands haven't been met? Seems like an empty threat.
            [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
            -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Haykakan, the ANC that supports LTP is the Armenian National Congress (Հայ Ազգային Կոնգրես) which is an Armenia-based LTP invention. ՀԱԿ is a merger of a bunch of small opposition parties in Armenia that have appointed LTP as their messiah.

It is not and has no relation to the ANC(A) of the Diaspora which is the Armenian National Committee (of America). The ANC(A) and Հայ Ազգային Կոնգրես dislike each other and do not support one another.
              Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Haykakan, the ANC that supports LTP is the Armenian National Congress (Հայ Ազգային Կոնգրես) which is an Armenia-based LTP invention. ՀԱԿ is a merger of a bunch of small opposition parties in Armenia that have appointed LTP as their messiah.

It is not and has no relation to the ANC(A) of the Diaspora which is the Armenian National Committee (of America). The ANC(A) and Հայ Ազգային Կոնգրես dislike each other and do not support one another.
                In my opinion, they are both rather useless... pretty much j3wmocratic institutions.
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
                  This is why I thought people might not care. It seems rather like the child who threatens to hold their breath until you give them what they want. Of course, they don't have to eat like we'd need to involuntarily gasp for breath, but have people ever resisted to the point of death if their demands haven't been met? Seems like an empty threat.
                  Yeah, plenty of cases actually. Most recent case was in Cuba (last year). Women who wanted voting rights in USA and Britain did hunger strikes and many died. Irish, Sri Lankans, Turks have died during hunger strikes too. In Guantanamo Bay, the Muslims who are imprisoned frequently do hunger strikes but like I mentioned, the prison officials force feed them right when they hit critical condition and are about to die using this chair.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                    In my opinion, they are both rather useless... pretty much j3wmocratic institutions.
                    The ANC(A) is actually pretty useful if it is used in the right way instead of wasting too much resources on AG recognition and not enough on Artsakh and Armenia development though I notice this is changing for the better.

We owe the Armenian lobby this invaluable piece http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_907
                    Last edited by Federate; 03-15-2011, 09:05 AM.

Comment

The ANC(A) is actually pretty useful if it is used in the right way instead of wasting too much resources on AG recognition and not enough on Artsakh and Armenia development though I notice this is changing for the better.

We owe the Armenian lobby this invaluable piece http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_907
                      Still useless... the weapons just go "indirectly" from the U.S. to Israel to Azerbaijan.
                      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Working...
                      X