Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Current Condition of Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by davidoga View Post
    I have lived in Armenia for several years. Please do not assume things that you have no idea about. I KNOW that corruption is rampant in Armenia. I KNOW that investors are scared. Please don't say otherwise, you know that I'm right.

How can you possibly respect Tsarukyan. I'm sure that he funds Abovyan, but that does not change the fact that he is a criminal. Building a megamansion when people are in poverty is unacceptable. Why are you willing to settle for people like him? This idea that oligarchs are beneficial for Armenia is grossly misguided.

As far as I understand in your next response. We are arguing the same thing. It's not the geography that is impeding Armenia, it's the corruption.

You and Vahram seem to be having the same problem: I have NEVER advocated for Western backed revolution. When I said to follow the Georgian model, I meant for Armenia to adopt a nationalist doctrine and kick out the oligarchs that have been stealing from Armenia for 20 years.

I don't know why you are lecturing me on the ARF...
    You are 18 years old, yet have lived in Armenia for several years, but are not an Armenian citizen. Something does not add up. I am from Armenia, I go there once or twice a year, and the vast majority of my extended family lives in Armenia.

There is corruption in all countries. You will never get rid of corruption, the point is to keep it in check and at a level where it does not ruin society.
    I don't like or dislike Tsarukyan. I was stating a fact. I have friends from Abovyan and what I told you is from them, and from other residents of that city.
    Again, I never said oligarchs are beneficial. But all nations have them, it is just that in Eastern Europe, Middle east, Africa, Latin America, and Central Asia, they are more crass than their cousins in North America or Western Europe.

No, geography is a determining factor. If Armenia had more resources, or was larger, or in a more friendly geopolitical environment, we would less problems. Interestingly enough, if Armenia were a subservient client state to the West, like much of Eastern Europe, or Georgia, it could continue to act the way it does but you would hear significantly less criticism from those reptiles in suits that claim to speak about human rights and democracy promotion. For example, the mafia in Bulgaria is very influential and the government there is quite corrupt too, but since it is a NATO and EU member, you do not have all the Western operatives present furthering a psy-op campaign. The 'Georgian model' is a chimera, a house of cards that will come crashing down as soon as that imbecile Saakashvilli is removed from office.

You said you will be interning at the ANCA, which is under the American branch of the ARF. And I do not consider the ARF a nationalist party any longer. At least not their American and Canadian branches, which leads me to suspect the rest of the party as well.
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
      You are 18 years old, yet have lived in Armenia for several years, but are not an Armenian citizen. Something does not add up. I am from Armenia, I go there once or twice a year, and the vast majority of my extended family lives in Armenia.

There is corruption in all countries. You will never get rid of corruption, the point is to keep it in check and at a level where it does not ruin society.
      I don't like or dislike Tsarukyan. I was stating a fact. I have friends from Abovyan and what I told you is from them, and from other residents of that city.
      Again, I never said oligarchs are beneficial. But all nations have them, it is just that in Eastern Europe, Middle east, Africa, Latin America, and Central Asia, they are more crass than their cousins in North America or Western Europe.

No, geography is a determining factor. If Armenia had more resources, or was larger, or in a more friendly geopolitical environment, we would less problems. Interestingly enough, if Armenia were a subservient client state to the West, like much of Eastern Europe, or Georgia, it could continue to act the way it does but you would hear significantly less criticism from those reptiles in suits that claim to speak about human rights and democracy promotion. For example, the mafia in Bulgaria is very influential and the government there is quite corrupt too, but since it is a NATO and EU member, you do not have all the Western operatives present furthering a psy-op campaign. The 'Georgian model' is a chimera, a house of cards that will come crashing down as soon as that imbecile Saakashvilli is removed from office.

You said you will be interning at the ANCA, which is under the American branch of the ARF. And I do not consider the ARF a nationalist party any longer. At least not their American and Canadian branches, which leads me to suspect the rest of the party as well.
      I don't know why my personal life is of so much interest. I was born in Russia when my parents where doing their PhDs, and then we relocated back to Armenia. They found job oppurtunities in US and we moved there. I got American citizenship last year.

Do you think you're better than me because you have extended family in Armenia? How can you be sure that I do not have extended family in Armenia?

I'm not interested in playing "what ifs". Armenia's future and economy does not have to do with geographic factors because of Turkiye and Azerbaijan. Both have made it very clear that relations will not be established until Armenia withdraws from Artsakh (which will never happen).

United States is not an oligarchy. France, UK, Germany, Spain, Portugal do not have oligarchies. You will notice that countries that do are generally speaking poor. Oligarchys are a terrible thing.

ANCA is ARF affiliated only in the sense of Greater-Armenia ideas. It is for all intents and purposes an autonomous organization.

I don't know why you want to make this personal. What have you done that makes you so much better than me?

Comment

I don't know why you want to make this personal. What have you done that makes you so much better than me?
        a blog? all the cool kids are doing it these days..

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
          a blog? all the cool kids are doing it these days..
          I hope you are not confusing me with the user Armenian. He has a blog.
          For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

I don't know why my personal life is of so much interest. I was born in Russia when my parents where doing their PhDs, and then we relocated back to Armenia. They found job oppurtunities in US and we moved there. I got American citizenship last year.

Do you think you're better than me because you have extended family in Armenia? How can you be sure that I do not have extended family in Armenia?

I'm not interested in playing "what ifs". Armenia's future and economy does not have to do with geographic factors because of Turkiye and Azerbaijan. Both have made it very clear that relations will not be established until Armenia withdraws from Artsakh (which will never happen).

United States is not an oligarchy. France, UK, Germany, Spain, Portugal do not have oligarchies. You will notice that countries that do are generally speaking poor. Oligarchys are a terrible thing.

ANCA is ARF affiliated only in the sense of Greater-Armenia ideas. It is for all intents and purposes an autonomous organization.

I am not 18 and idealistic, therefore I have a more realistic perspective, one free of emotions and hearsay. When was the last time you were in Armenia?

The US DOES have an oligarchy, you must either be very confused about what the term means, are applying it in a very strict fashion, or must be completely ignorant of the very wealthy and well connected families that run the US.

Geography determines a states strength. Ignore it at your own peril. However, those of us with an appreciation and understanding of geopolitics and political economy will continue to knock down all claims that Armenia can become a land of milk and honey 'if only we got rid of the oligarchs', etc.

The ANCA is affiliated with the AYF, which is under the ARF. ARF is an umbrella org, and ANCA is one of many groups under it.

I don't spread anti-Armenian propaganda. Your calls for revolution, and short-sighted comments about the current Armenian government put you on the s*it list.

Comment

I appreciate the work ANCA does in US. They have done a lot of good in my view. I became a bit suspicious of ARF when they left coalition and seemed to cooperated with Levon too much. I've also never been a fan of 'left-wing nationalism' though always appreciated their patriotism.
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---
              "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

I am not 18 and idealistic, therefore I have a more realistic perspective, one free of emotions and hearsay. When was the last time you were in Armenia?

The US DOES have an oligarchy, you must either be very confused about what the term means, are applying it in a very strict fashion, or must be completely ignorant of the very wealthy and well connected families that run the US.

Geography determines a states strength. Ignore it at your own peril. However, those of us with an appreciation and understanding of geopolitics and political economy will continue to knock down all claims that Armenia can become a land of milk and honey 'if only we got rid of the oligarchs', etc.

The ANCA is affiliated with the AYF, which is under the ARF. ARF is an umbrella org, and ANCA is one of many groups under it.

I don't spread anti-Armenian propaganda. Your calls for revolution, and short-sighted comments about the current Armenian government put you on the s*it list.
                Yes, I am idealistic. Change cannot come about if everyone takes the monotonous, standard perspective as you do. Ideas are good.

You clearly do not understand what an oligarchy. I am aware of the wealthy individuals in the United States. They, however, do not rule the country. Besides donating lots of $ to PACs, they don't much influence in policy making at all. This is contrary to Armenia, in which you will see that all descisions made are agreeable with the oligarchs.

I'm tired of argueing this point. Why are you even talking about geography? You know full well that nothing will change with our neighbors. Maybe Armenia needs to find some martians and establish trade with them. It's about as realistic as what you are talking about. Makes my revolution idea look like a real possibility

Why the f*ck do you keep lecturing me about ANCA? I know more about it than you do, I am on a first name basis with the associate director.

I don't spread anti-Armenian propoganda. Is an Azeri denouncing Aliyev spreading anti-Azeri propoganda? No, he just wants the best for his people, as I want for mine. I'm sorry that you have your head so far up your @ss that you can't see that. Honestly, if life in Armenia is so great, why is there a net migration? Why do 40% of Armenian residents which they could leave (http://news.am/eng/news/108789.html).

Just out of curiosity, when I'm talking about a revolution in Armenia, what are you picturing?
                Last edited by davidoga; 06-13-2012, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Yes, I am idealistic. Change cannot come about if everyone takes the monotonous, standard perspective as you do. Ideas are good.
                  Then you have much to learn. You are 18, know very little about the world. When it kicks you in the @ss a few times you will learn.

You clearly do not understand what an oligarchy. I am aware of the wealthy individuals in the United States. They, however, do not rule the country. Besides donating lots of $ to PACs, they don't much influence in policy making at all. This is contrary to Armenia, in which you will see that all descisions made are agreeable with the oligarchs.
                  What do you call the bailout of bankers who caused the financial and economic mess? What do you call the Citizens United case? What do you call the fact that the top 1% of earners in the US control over 80% of the wealth? You have your head shoved very far up your @ss indeed.

I'm tired of argueing this point. Why are you even talking about geography? You know full well that nothing will change with our neighbors. Maybe Armenia needs to find some martians and establish trade with them. It's about as realistic as what you are talking about. Makes my revolution idea look like a real possibility
                  You have not argued anything, thus far you have shown yourself to be a child, one seriously lacking analytical ability.

Why the f*ck do you keep lecturing me about ANCA? I know more about it than you do, I am on a first name basis with the associate director.
                  Child, I have Aram's personal mobile number. What the f*ck does that matter though? Obviously you do not know about the ANCA if you think they are not close with the ARF. All of them are card carrying members.

I don't spread anti-Armenian propoganda. Is an Azeri denouncing Aliyev spreading anti-Azeri propoganda? No, he just wants the best for his people, as I want for mine. I'm sorry that you have your head so far up your @ss that you can't see that. Honestly, if life in Armenia is so great, why is there a net migration? Why do 40% of Armenian residents which they could leave (http://news.am/eng/news/108789.html).
                  Your idiotic comparisons to Georgia, your calls for a revolution, and your lack of understanding about how governments work leads one to believe that you are either spreading anti-Armenian propaganda or a complete dimwit. If you are going to bring up random surveys, here is a more recent one.
                  http://news.am/eng/news/108789.html OMG, I guess the UK is a horrible place to live, because this article and study say so....

Armenians are under a western sponsored psy-ops that has convinced clowns like yourself that things are terrible in Armenia. In reality, Armenia is doing relatively well, and for all the things it has had to face in the past 25 years, earthquake, dissolution of the ussr, economic collapse, war, blockade, energy shortage, etc. It has done amazing! But mental midgets and provocateurs are too busy implanting pessimism into Armenian society for the average Armenian to realize how much worse things can be for them.

Just out of curiosity, when I'm talking about a revolution in Armenia, what are you picturing?
                  Comparing Armenia with georgia means you wish to see a Western sponsored color revolution in Armenia. Because that is what the so called rose revolution was.
                  Last edited by Armanen; 06-13-2012, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Washington used to support "democratic revolutions" in several countries, but Obama’s administration is not following the line, says US ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul.

Just came out today. You should read this too!

Comment

Then you have much to learn. You are 18, know very little about the world. When it kicks you in the @ss a few times you will learn.

What do you call the bailout of bankers who caused the financial and economic mess? What do you call the Citizens United case? What do you call the fact that the top 1% of earners in the US control over 80% of the wealth? You have your head shoved very far up your @ss indeed.

You have not argued anything, thus far you have shown yourself to be a child, one seriously lacking analytical ability.

Child, I have Aram's personal mobile number. What the f*ck does that matter though? Obviously you do not know about the ANCA if you think they are not close with the ARF. All of them are card carrying members.

Your idiotic comparisons to Georgia, your calls for a revolution, and your lack of understanding about how governments work leads one to believe that you are either spreading anti-Armenian propaganda or a complete dimwit. If you are going to bring up random surveys, here is a more recent one.
                      http://news.am/eng/news/108789.html OMG, I guess the UK is a horrible place to live, because this article and study say so....

Armenians are under a western sponsored psy-ops that has convinced clowns like yourself that things are terrible in Armenia. In reality, Armenia is doing relatively well, and for all the things it has had to face in the past 25 years, earthquake, dissolution of the ussr, economic collapse, war, blockade, energy shortage, etc. It has done amazing! But mental midgets and provocateurs are too busy implanting pessimism into Armenian society for the average Armenian to realize how much worse things can be for them.

Comparing Armenia with georgia means you wish to see a Western sponsored color revolution in Armenia. Because that is what the so called rose revolution was.
                      I'm getting very tired with the personal attacks. I don't know if you have read the forum rules or not, but you are not supposed to do that.

I'm sorry that you were too much of a xxxxx@ss to get what you want out of life. I am determined not to go down the same path. Don't ever tell me what I should and should not do.You have no idea how successful I have or have not been. My age is not necassarily indicative of anything.

If you know anything about the financial crisis in America, you would know that they had no influence on the turn of events. You think this was cakewalk for them. There have been bankers that have commited suicide because of how devasting the crisis was. Yes, there influece may nudge the Congress here and there, but by no means does the Congress answer to the bankers or go to them for every descision.

I can't believe that you are still talking about the ANCA. This is not a contest about who knows who. Nevertheless, you should feel very proud of yourself that you have met more people than somone who just graduated high school. I applaud you sincerely.

I criticize the government BECAUSE I care about Armenia. I only advocate for constructive change.

"Armenians are under a western sponsored psy-ops that has convinced clowns like yourself that things are terrible in Armenia. In reality, Armenia is doing relatively well, and for all the things it has had to face in the past 25 years, earthquake, dissolution of the ussr, economic collapse, war, blockade, energy shortage, etc. It has done amazing! But mental midgets and provocateurs are too busy implanting pessimism into Armenian society for the average Armenian to realize how much worse things can be for them."

Of course it could be lot worse. We are fortunate to have our own independent state. We are fortunate to have such good friends and backers such as Russia and Iran. So? Are we done? Are we going to sit back and relax? I have news for you: Armenia was declared to be the second worst economy in the world last year. But hey! Who cares, right?

I have repeatedly said that the revolution would not be Western. I even clarified that we only want to emmulate an aspect of Georgian revolution: and that is the way they have dealt with corruption. But you hear what you want to hear. What you probably heard is something along the lines of "Western values are the best! We will bow down to NATO. Death to Armenia"

Finally, I'd like to point out that arguing on forums is lot more embaressing for somone your age than mine.

Comment

Working...
                      X