Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Current Condition of Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nagorno-Karabagh: Military Balance Between Armenia & Azerbaijan

Originally posted by davidoga View Post
    I'm getting very tired with the personal attacks. I don't know if you have read the forum rules or not, but you are not supposed to do that.

I'm sorry that you were too much of a xxxxx@ss to get what you want out of life. I am determined not to go down the same path. Don't ever tell me what I should and should not do.You have no idea how successful I have or have not been. My age is not necassarily indicative of anything.

If you know anything about the financial crisis in America, you would know that they had no influence on the turn of events. You think this was cakewalk for them. There have been bankers that have commited suicide because of how devasting the crisis was. Yes, there influece may nudge the Congress here and there, but by no means does the Congress answer to the bankers or go to them for every descision.

I can't believe that you are still talking about the ANCA. This is not a contest about who knows who. Nevertheless, you should feel very proud of yourself that you have met more people than somone who just graduated high school. I applaud you sincerely.

I criticize the government BECAUSE I care about Armenia. I only advocate for constructive change.

"Armenians are under a western sponsored psy-ops that has convinced clowns like yourself that things are terrible in Armenia. In reality, Armenia is doing relatively well, and for all the things it has had to face in the past 25 years, earthquake, dissolution of the ussr, economic collapse, war, blockade, energy shortage, etc. It has done amazing! But mental midgets and provocateurs are too busy implanting pessimism into Armenian society for the average Armenian to realize how much worse things can be for them."

Of course it could be lot worse. We are fortunate to have our own independent state. We are fortunate to have such good friends and backers such as Russia and Iran. So? Are we done? Are we going to sit back and relax? I have news for you: Armenia was declared to be the second worst economy in the world last year. But hey! Who cares, right?

I have repeatedly said that the revolution would not be Western. I even clarified that we only want to emmulate an aspect of Georgian revolution: and that is the way they have dealt with corruption. But you hear what you want to hear. What you probably heard is something along the lines of "Western values are the best! We will bow down to NATO. Death to Armenia"

Finally, I'd like to point out that arguing on forums is lot more embaressing for somone your age than mine.
    To Davidoga--- about the difference between oligarch(Armenia) and ultra wealthy Americans.
    I was born in the city of the Angels in 1949. My opinion is you are incorrect I your differentiating the two.
    The Armenian oligarch is easier to see and the American is far more insidious but other than that they are indistinguishable. I offer a friendly caution not to be fooled or misled on that point.
    To Armenan--- I agree with much of what you say. But I regret you addressing the youth in the manner that you have. We(the older) need to impart our experience and knowledge to our youth. That is the way it's always been. My personal opinion is: it is better to appeal to the intellect of the less experienced youth with reasoned remarks and questions than calling them dumb as$es. We(the elders) are by nature uplifting and protecting not belittling insulting. Obviously the young man is intelligent and concerned . Obviously you are intelligent and concerned. If you(the elder) are trying to earnestly make a point for the enlightenment of the youth I think you with your intellect can easily understand a reasoned guidance is more appropriate than accusing the youth of being a"dumba$s/bitc?/punk/twit etc..
    Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
      To Davidoga--- about the difference between oligarch(Armenia) and ultra wealthy Americans.
      I was born in the city of the Angels in 1949. My opinion is you are incorrect I your differentiating the two.
      The Armenian oligarch is easier to see and the American is far more insidious but other than that they are indistinguishable. I offer a friendly caution not to be fooled or misled on that point.
      To Armenan--- I agree with much of what you say. But I regret you addressing the youth in the manner that you have. We(the older) need to impart our experience and knowledge to our youth. That is the way it's always been. My personal opinion is: it is better to appeal to the intellect of the less experienced youth with reasoned remarks and questions than calling them dumb as$es. We(the elders) are by nature uplifting and protecting not belittling insulting. Obviously the young man is intelligent and concerned . Obviously you are intelligent and concerned. If you(the elder) are trying to earnestly make a point for the enlightenment of the youth I think you with your intellect can easily understand a reasoned guidance is more appropriate than accusing the youth of being a"dumba$s/bitc?/punk/twit etc..
      Artashes
      Thank you for the clarification Artashes. However, I do not appreciate being patronized, as you are telling Armenan that I need to be guided and taught. While I'm not under the impression that I have all of the answers, I will not tolerate anyone telling me to pipe-down and labeling me as "anti-Armenian."

You agree with most of Amenan's statements? That may simply because you are Armenian, and you refuse to see faults in your motherland. Pretend, for a second, that you are not Armenian. Pretend that you are not familiar with any country but have a lot money, and are currently looking to see where to invest it. You see a country a landlocked country in the Caucasus. The country's energy security is owned almost entirely by another nation, remittances are a necessity, and most businesses in the capital are owned by a handful of people close to the ruling administration. Any foreign capital flowing into that nation is subject to the will of the oligarchy, which invariably skims a percentage off the top to finance its spending habits. Police take bribes. There is no rule of law. Tax revenues are joke; people would laugh in your face if you told them that you pay taxes.

What do you think about this country?
      Last edited by davidoga; 06-13-2012, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification Artashes. However, I do not appreciate being patronized, as you are telling Armenan that I need to be guided and taught. While I'm not under the impression that I have all of the answers, I will not tolerate anyone telling me to pipe-down and labeling me as "anti-Armenian."
        I'm not sure about your "patronize" comment.
        I'm not trying to patronize you(Davidoga).
        Neither am I telling Armenan that you (specifically) need guidance or teaching.
        ???
        Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
          I hope you are not confusing me with the user Armenian. He has a blog.
          okay. it's just that you two have remarkably same ideas and thoughts about Armenia. I like his blog btw.

Comment

I'm getting very tired with the personal attacks. I don't know if you have read the forum rules or not, but you are not supposed to do that.
            If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

I'm sorry that you were too much of a xxxxx@ss to get what you want out of life. I am determined not to go down the same path. Don't ever tell me what I should and should not do.You have no idea how successful I have or have not been. My age is not necassarily indicative of anything.
            The only dumb@ss here is you kid. While I figured out what you are about, you have no idea about me, so don't assume that I am or am not successful or what I have done. It is very obvious to intelligent posters here that your idealism is blinding you to facts and leading you to make moronic statements about revolution in Armenia, an act of treason I may add.

If you know anything about the financial crisis in America, you would know that they had no influence on the turn of events. You think this was cakewalk for them. There have been bankers that have commited suicide because of how devasting the crisis was. Yes, there influece may nudge the Congress here and there, but by no means does the Congress answer to the bankers or go to them for every decision.

Read a book or two and stop watching CNN. Perhaps you would learn a thing or two.

I can't believe that you are still talking about the ANCA. This is not a contest about who knows who. Nevertheless, you should feel very proud of yourself that you have met more people than somone who just graduated high school. I applaud you sincerely.
            Then why did you mention you know the director? It was a contest for YOU, until you realized that a) I know the man better, b) I don't give a s*it who you know.

I criticize the government BECAUSE I care about Armenia. I only advocate for constructive change.
            Revolution is not a 'constructive change'. It is harmful to any country in which it takes place, and suicidal for a country in Armenia's current geopolitical environment.

"Armenians are under a western sponsored psy-ops that has convinced clowns like yourself that things are terrible in Armenia. In reality, Armenia is doing relatively well, and for all the things it has had to face in the past 25 years, earthquake, dissolution of the ussr, economic collapse, war, blockade, energy shortage, etc. It has done amazing! But mental midgets and provocateurs are too busy implanting pessimism into Armenian society for the average Armenian to realize how much worse things can be for them."

Of course it could be lot worse. We are fortunate to have our own independent state. We are fortunate to have such good friends and backers such as Russia and Iran. So? Are we done? Are we going to sit back and relax? I have news for you: Armenia was declared to be the second worst economy in the world last year. But hey! Who cares, right?
            That was a bs study, and one that had political undertones to it. But you wouldn't understand about all that since you think revolutions are 'constructive'. Instead of your bi*ching, and calls for revolution, how about you first understand the Armenian national psyche better, and from there conclude how best to positively change Armenia, the country and people.

I have repeatedly said that the revolution would not be Western. I even clarified that we only want to emmulate an aspect of Georgian revolution: and that is the way they have dealt with corruption. But you hear what you want to hear. What you probably heard is something along the lines of "Western values are the best! We will bow down to NATO. Death to Armenia"
            And I pointed out to you that the revolution in Georgia was funded by the West, and that the positive changes you claim occurred there are a facade that will disappear once Saakashvilli is out.

Finally, I'd like to point out that arguing on forums is lot more embaressing for somone your age than mine.
            Not a whole lot older than you, just more experienced and don't have my head in the clouds.
            For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
            to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by arakeretzig View Post
              okay. it's just that you two have remarkably same ideas and thoughts about Armenia. I like his blog btw.
              We are close ideologically And I too like his blog!
              For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                Artashes

I mostly agree with you my friend, but sometimes a good kick in the @ss is called for. As you can see from his reply to your post, he still thinks he has the world figured out. On the one hand he claims he does not have all the answers (sigh of relief), on the other he provides a very shallow analysis of Armenia's society, government, and political economy.

Comment

• Re: Current Condition of Armenia

People start talking about 'revolution' like it's some sort of game. One should understand the immense amount of turmoil revolution can bring to a country. A revolution in Armenia (which would be by Levonakan Western Agents) would be an utter disaster and would give a green light for a war to start in Karabakh. Revolution shows division and weakness. Armenia has been improving in many aspects. Just compare Armenia to our neighbours or other ex-Soviet states and we are doing pretty well. For example, I have an Armenian friend who lives in Moscow, and he says that in Armenia there's much more freedom than in Russia. In Armenia, people can say whatever they want about the President/Government, down to the worst curse. The media fairly covered all the sides during the elections and the judicial process and steadily improved, even better than Russia's. I won't even talk about Azerbaijan which is a full blown dictatorship, and in Georgia it's a facade of "democracy" but in reality being controlled by Saakashvili and his thugs. We are improving at a good pace, and calling for revolution and such talk is truly uncalled for.
                  Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                  ---
                  "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Armanen View Post
                    If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

The only dumb@ss here is you kid. While I figured out what you are about, you have no idea about me, so don't assume that I am or am not successful or what I have done. It is very obvious to intelligent posters here that your idealism is blinding you to facts and leading you to make moronic statements about revolution in Armenia, an act of treason I may add.

Read a book or two and stop watching CNN. Perhaps you would learn a thing or two.

Then why did you mention you know the director? It was a contest for YOU, until you realized that a) I know the man better, b) I don't give a s*it who you know.

Revolution is not a 'constructive change'. It is harmful to any country in which it takes place, and suicidal for a country in Armenia's current geopolitical environment.

That was a bs study, and one that had political undertones to it. But you wouldn't understand about all that since you think revolutions are 'constructive'. Instead of your bi*ching, and calls for revolution, how about you first understand the Armenian national psyche better, and from there conclude how best to positively change Armenia, the country and people.

And I pointed out to you that the revolution in Georgia was funded by the West, and that the positive changes you claim occurred there are a facade that will disappear once Saakashvilli is out.

Not a whole lot older than you, just more experienced and don't have my head in the clouds.
                    Okay you're right, I'm wrong. Life in Armenia is heaven on earth and I'm just too stupid to understand that.

The forum rules say that I am entitled to my opinion and, even if that clause wasn't there, I m still entitled to my opinion. You think all revolutions have been a failure? I'm sure George Washington would disagree, but I don't want to argue anymore.

I'm sorry if my ideas offend you. Honestly I don't care about anything that you have to say, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual. I'd also like to apologize for the personal insults and swearing.

Unless you would also like to make a conciliatory statement, please do not reply to this post.

Have a good life.

Comment

Okay you're right, I'm wrong. Life in Armenia is heaven on earth and I'm just too stupid to understand that.

The forum rules say that I am entitled to my opinion and, even if that clause wasn't there, I m still entitled to my opinion. You think all revolutions have been a failure? I'm sure George Washington would disagree, but I don't want to argue anymore.

I'm sorry if my ideas offend you. Honestly I don't care about anything that you have to say, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual. I'd also like to apologize for the personal insults and swearing.

Unless you would also like to make a conciliatory statement, please do not reply to this post.

Have a good life.

It is the American War of Independence, not a revolution. Compare what GW and the founding fathers did with the French Revolution.

I don't care about personal insults. What I care about is an 'Armenian' calling for a revolution in Armenia. That crosses the line and will not be tolerated.

Comment

Working...
                      X