Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Would someone please be able to translate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would someone please be able to translate?

I am very sorry for bothering people on here over something like this. But, I was wondering if anyone would be able to translate a song for me, either in russian or armenian, it doesnt matter. Its rather long...but it means alot to me, and if any of you can be so kind as to translate it for me, I would deeply appreciate it. Thank you very much, guys and gals. And again, I am very sorry to trouble you....

A hundred days have made me older, since the last time that I saw your pretty face
    A thousand lies have made me colder and I don’t think I can look at this the same
    But all the miles that separate
    They disappear now when I’m dreaming of your face

I’m here without you baby but your still on my lonely mind
    I think about you baby and I dream about you all the time
    I’m here without you baby but your still with me in my dreams
    And tonight, there’s only you and me

The miles just keep rolling as the people leave their way to say hello
    I've heard this life is overrated but I hope that this gets better as we go

And tonight girl, there’s only you and me

Everything I know, and anywhere I go
    it gets hard but it won’t take away my love
    And when the last one falls, when it’s all said and done
    it gets hard but it won’t take away my love

And tonight girl, there’s only you and me

but tonight girl, there’s only you and me

Are you going to give this to your bf or something?

You're not Armenian or Russian, right?
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Yes. It is "myself and his song." And no, I am not Armenian or Russian. He is Armenian.

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
        Are you going to give this to your bf or something?

You're not Armenian or Russian, right?
        Why would russian make her any different? Russians should hold as much "odar" status as, I dunno, a black guy. I'm sick of Armenians pretending to be Russians.

EDIT: I post before fully reading.. sorry, I didn't mean to flip out on you, I just realized she said that the song may have been in Russian, which is why you asked if she was Russian. Sowwy for being presumptious *huggle*
        Last edited by HyeJinx1984; 09-14-2004, 10:30 PM.
        "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

I can translate that for you but only in Russian.

I used the English - Russian translator online for this, and here are the translations. I hope you can read Russian, or to whomever you show this to can. lol. You should keep in mind that some of the english words in that song like "baby" will be translated into "child" in Russian. I can give you my version of translation, which is what I think you're looking for. Just not right now though. I'll post it later.

Сто дней сделали меня старше, с прошлого раза, когда я видел ваше симпатичное лицо
          Тысяча лжи сделала меня более холодным, и я не думаю, что я могу смотреть на это то же самое
          Но все мили это отделяется
          Они исчезают теперь, когда я мечтаю о вашем лице

Я - здесь без Вас ребенок, но ваш все еще на моем одиноком мнении
          Я думаю о Вас ребенок, и я мечтаю о Вас все время
          Я - здесь без Вас ребенок, но ваш все еще со мной в моих мечтах
          И сегодня вечером, есть только Вы и я

Мили только продолжают катиться, поскольку люди оставляют их способ сказать привет
          Я слышал, что эта жизнь переоценена, но я надеюсь, что это поправляется, поскольку мы идем

И сегодня вечером девочка, есть только Вы и я

Все, что я знаю, и где-нибудь я иду
          это становится твердым, но это не будет убирать мою любовь
          И когда последний падает, когда это все сказано и сделано
          это становится твердым, но это не будет убирать мою любовь

И сегодня вечером девочка, есть только Вы и я

но сегодня вечером девочка, есть только Вы и я
          I see...

Comment

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
            Why would russian make her any different? Russians should hold as much "odar" status as, I dunno, a black guy. I'm sick of Armenians pretending to be Russians.

EDIT: I post before fully reading.. sorry, I didn't mean to flip out on you, I just realized she said that the song may have been in Russian, which is why you asked if she was Russian. Sowwy for being presumptious *huggle*

No probelm, HyeJunx1984. But, I have to make something clear for everyone here. He is not a russian wannabe. He is armenian. He is very proud of his culture and is not a wannabe of any other sort. He speaks russian too, and that is it. I was under the impression that all Armenians speak Armenian and Russian. Is this not correct? I state this due to the fact that all the armenians here in the city I live in speak Armenian and Russian.

SagGal- thank you very much for the translation. Yes, I am aware that the online translators twist the words around as that. But thank you

Comment

Sorry don't know more then a couple of words in Russian, and I learned all of them off TV, I think only Armenians born in the old USSR would know Russian, not the rest of us.

Comment

They were all born in Armenia. Some from Yereven others from smaller communities or "villages" as they call them in the outskirts of Yereven.

Comment

Originally posted by sad_eyes
                  No probelm, HyeJunx1984. But, I have to make something clear for everyone here. He is not a russian wannabe. He is armenian. He is very proud of his culture and is not a wannabe of any other sort. He speaks russian too, and that is it. I was under the impression that all Armenians speak Armenian and Russian. Is this not correct? I state this due to the fact that all the armenians here in the city I live in speak Armenian and Russian.
                  Not every Armenian speaks Russian...the only ones that do are the ones that were born in the former USSR, most often either in Armenia, Azerbaijan, or Russia. And even those that were born in Armenia might not speak Russian, it just depends when they were born. For example, most kids born after Armenia got independence from Russia dont speak Russian, while those kids who attended school during the 80's and before then most often can speak the language to an extent, if not fluently. But dont get the impression that every Armenian can speak Russian too, b/c how in the world would an Armenian who was born in the US be able to speak Russian?

Comment

Speaking Russian in Armenia is mandatory ,starting from 2nd grade they teach Russian. In about grade 5 you can speak Russian almsot fluently. Now I think english took over Russian as Armenia's second language, but most can still speak by just watching tv cuz most of the channels there are in Russian. I was able to speak Russian almost fluently by grade 4 with just little school work and tv. I can still speak some, but I don't really like the Russian language or even want to use it, just another language I know I guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X