Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Whats wrong with non-pure armenians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats wrong with non-pure armenians?

Well, I registered 1 day ago because I wanted to meet/chat with other Armenians. Everything is fine, you guys are funny, talkative (even too much sometimes ), etc..

There's one thing I'd like to know: Are you always that hostile towards half armenians? I mean especially with the thread "Interacial Relationship", everyone seems to be in favor of only a 100% armenian marriage and I'm feeling uncomfortable towards this way of thinking. Last night, on the chat, there was this 16 yo armenian girl who started to talk with me, everything was fine untill she asked me: "are you armenian?" . I replied "Yes half armenian" and then, no response. How would you react? I would say I'm more accepted in the Belgian community, even tough I don't have a single drop of belgian blood than in the Armenian one.

Whats wrong with having one of the parent non armenian? In fact, I think it's like a bonus. For instance when my Father married my mother, he went with her in africa and thought her armenian, the culture and everything WHILE Armenian terrorist where placing bombs in France to make the state recognize the genocide.

In the end, my mother speaks perfectly armenian, and well....learnt all about the community...hell...! She is right now in armenia with my dad!

Are you really all in favor of pure armenian marriage and neglect the other "lesser" armenians? Am I the only one whose not at 100% Armenian? I doubt it

Dude, why are you whining? Nothing is wrong with "non pure Armenians". Stop bytching and making threads about this, especially in the wrong forum. You should read the rules before posting.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Well it's in general talk and I just wanted to know because I have never seen any culture being so protective towards their heirloom

Comment

I don't really see anything wrong with it...your half, then your half. Actually I think half Armenian girls are a good mix...usually.

Comment

Oh someone on side...even though I'm not a girl if that were you main reason for picking my side...

Comment

Originally posted by !EEK
            Well it's in general talk and I just wanted to know because I have never seen any culture being so protective towards their heirloom
            Every culture is protective. All mixtures throughout history have been in degrees, and not in kinds. Those that have mixed in kinds do not really exist anymore.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

Some cultures are more open than others, some other are more addaptive....it's not a specification, it's just the way they see their future

Comment

Originally posted by !EEK
                Some cultures are more open than others, some other are more addaptive....it's not a specification, it's just the way they see their future
                All cultures are "adaptive", per se. What is your point?
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

no not all...at least some of them are more than others...

anyway my point is good night i have school tomorrow!

Comment

Oh and by the way...I think that Armenian chat thing is pretty wack on its own. They got some weird conversations going on. Anyone ever go on it?

Comment

Working...
                    X