Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Telethon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instead of building soo much infastructure, we should build up an economy. Infastructure is more than enough to link us to Iran and Georgian ports.

Comment

Originally posted by gaucho
      At least 30-35% of the people who call and say "bill me" never send their checks. they just want their names to appear on live TV while everyone's watching.
      he went with his "co-executives" and most of the time his wife, son, etc. accompanied him.
      I know what your sayin, but don't you think you're a little exaggerating here? I mean 35% of callers are that desperate? I don't think so... besides, I'm sure he didn't take his family along with him every time he went there, maybe once or twice, which I still don't see a problem with. After all, if they didn't collect the money and all that, how were they able to build all those roads and highways in Karabakh? I think what matters the most is the outcome, which is great, not how exactly the money was spent.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayq
        Instead of building soo much infastructure, we should build up an economy. Infastructure is more than enough to link us to Iran and Georgian ports.
        It doesn't take a genius to figure out the roads being built are essential to Armenia's economy! I mean think about it, how can a country improve its economy when it takes days to go from a village to another because of the conditions of roads there. Plus, it's easier and faster to send troops to the borders in case Azarbaijan attacks us at Karabakh.
        Last edited by CatWoman; 12-05-2004, 12:53 AM.

Comment

I did "donate" money...but not through this or any other fund. I just sent money straight to people I know. That way you make sure the people get it. I know Armenia and I'm pretty sure some of that money ends up in someones pocket that it shouldn't be in. Thats the main thing that needs to improve before the economy.

and its good business for Kirk to be donating that money, it saves him a lot on taxes...but abviously, its good for Armenia. So its all good on both ends.

Comment

No, we are building infastructure in Arstakh for military purposes. If we were to be smarter and link ourselves to Georgia, we could gain a lot more money and raise our GDP. What do you do with GDP? YOU FUND YOUR OWN ROADS AND MILITARY TO DEFEND YOURSELF!

Now, I would love to donate money to Armenia, but that just makes me feel bad because I feel that I am turning it into some kind of welfare state. So, I much rather get together with some friends and open up an IT industry in Armenia that could serve the CIS and IRAN, rather than build roads!

2mln Armenians in Armenia will not stay flong if they dont have jobs. then there would be no need for roads because of Armenians and Armenia spending money on stupid things such as ROADS IN ARTSAKH!

Comment

omg, i hate getting confrontational but you really have to stop talking out of your ass, first of all there is a working railroad to georgia and it carries 90% of Armenias exports to Poti and Batumi.
              What do you do with GDP? do you know what gdp stands for? Gross domestic product, it means the combined value of all the things produced in your country. now when you show me how to fund roads and the military with a number then i will say you are correct.
              Roads and any infrustructure for that matter is essential for any economy, otherwise, you cant move commodities and you cant provide services. You want an IT industry? well if the government hadnt build phone lines to allow internet connections your "IT industry" wouldnt be worth much would it?
              Once again if there were better roads and other infrastructure people could travel further for jobs and companies could ship their products to other companies and essentially work an economy.
              When you call building roads stupid you must realize you should take a simple course in economics or history before you start talking again.

Comment

Hey, Gay Rocky, listen up, these roads are built in Artsakh for military purposes. The Armenian government is turning into a leech off of the Disapora. This money needs to go to build a better road from Yerevan to Gyumri to Batumi.

That TRAIN only runs once a day and with limited cars. i have seen it myself.

I seriously think you are the one talking out of your arse, mate.

Comment

The road to Artsakh, besides its military use, is critical for the economy. Goods from Artsakh can travel to the main markets in Yerevan and then abroad a lot faster, and for a lot less money. Same goes for goods that will go to Artsakh..

And to elaborate on what Tigran said, Government spending is one of the elements that are included in the calculation of GDP, along with Personal consumption, gross investment and net import. Therefore, this does go in the calculations of the GDP. I think we should focus more on Personal Income than GDP though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayq
                    Hey, Gay Rocky, listen up, these roads are built in Artsakh for military purposes. The Armenian government is turning into a leech off of the Disapora. This money needs to go to build a better road from Yerevan to Gyumri to Batumi.

That TRAIN only runs once a day and with limited cars. i have seen it myself.

I seriously think you are the one talking out of your arse, mate.
                    Of course the military purpose is part of it you fool but do you open your damn ears or not, are you listening to all we are saying about how infrastructure is critical for the economy or are you simply illiterate?
                    The government is turning into a leech off the Diaspora? what the hell do you mean by that, if you mean that they take donations from the diaspora and use most of it for the betterment of the country then i agree.
                    What is with you and the obsession with georgia? In what way is that road more important than the highway linking all of arstsakh with Armenia? I dont know how many times the train runs per day or with how many cars because i havent stood by the track for an entire 24 hours and waited to see how many times it runs(like you did of course) but i do know that if there was more demand for that train then there would be more trains per day, simple economics and simple business. As long as there is more demand for shipping things to georgian ports then the railroad company will run more trains in order to make more money. honestly can you please go educate yourself before you post again.

Comment

FOOL! A road in Arstakh sure helps Armenia prosper in its trade with the world! We need to have beter relations with Georgia, being our northern Neighbors and having access to the sea, this is a perfect friendship that will bring Armenian trade to European Markets!

Artsakh is almost empty, and the only thing they can provide is food!

Do you think I am suggesting that infastrucutre is not neccesary? Of course it is Neccesary, like Adolf Hitler's Autobahn and South Korea's Infastructural projects of the 1960s were all a necesary part of increasing industrial output. HOWEVER, what these nations had that Armenia lacks is access to ports! Friendly relations with Georgia IS A PRIORITY.

Put off ancient grudges, no Georgian or Armenian in this world would risk profit for somethign as stupid as a cultural grudge.

Comment

Working...
                      X