Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Are some Jews descendants of Armenians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are some Jews descendants of Armenians?

Last few years I have been exposed to a lot of ignorant talk within the Armenian community regarding "Jewish roots" of us Armenians. Needless to say, such interpretation of genetic and/or archeological evidence is absurd to say the least. If anything, it is certain Jews (specifically Ashkenazi Jews) along with many other nations within the adjoining regions of the Armenian Highlands that have absorbed Armenian genetics and cultural influences.

The following article more-or-less touches upon this subject. Please, if you don't have anything intelligent to state, keep your fingers away for the key board, I would like to see some intelligent commentary by you Armo's.

Armenian

WHO ARE THE MODERN JEWS?

[...]

Like the shape of the skull, the shape and configuration of the nose is another important racial index that was recognized by anthropologist at the turn of the century. It is also another clear sign against the modern Jew's racial claims to be Biblical Israel. It turns out that the so called "Jewish nose" is not Jewish at all, but rather comes from the ancient Hittites, as do also their round skulls. Dr. Fishberg is also the author of the article on the Nose. On the importance of this area as a racial index, the Jewish medical examiner writes: "The relation of the breadth of the nose to its length, known as the `nasal index,' has been considered one of the best means of distinguishing the various races of mankind" (Jew. Enc. IX (1905), 339). Fishberg proceeds to present a table of the nasal indexes of the modern Jews. Their marked similarity to one another and peculiarity to others again predominates in this table. Joseph Jacobs, in his article on Anthropology, also mentioned the peculiarity of the Jewish nose, stating: "The nose is generally the characteristic feature of the Jews, who have, on the average, the longest (77 ram) and narrowest (34 mm)" (Jew. Enc. I (1901), 619).

In attempting to address this peculiarity, Fishberg presents some of the current thinking circulating among the anthropologist of his day. He writes: "Some authors show that this form of nose is not characteristically Semitic, became the modern non-Jewish Semites, particularly such as are supposed to have maintained themselves in a pure state, as the bedouin Arabs, do not possess this characteristic nose at all Their noses are as a rule short, straight, and often 'snub' or concave. Luschan holds that the hook-nose is by no means characteristic of the Semites, and contends that the number of arched noses that are found among the Jews is due to ancient intermixture with the Hittites in Asia Minor. He shows that other races also, as the Armenian, for instance, who have a good portion of Hittite blood in their veins, have hook-noses" (Jew. Enc. IX (1905), 338). Thus, the notorious "Jewish" hook-nose is another clear sign to the true racial origins of the modern Jews

[...]

According to all the racial indicators recognized by leading anthropologist at the turn of the century, the modern Jews have more in common with the ancient Hittites, than with the ancient Israelites. In another early publication written about the same time, this statement is found in the article on the Hittites: "The human type is always brachycephalic [round-headed], with brow receding sharply and long nose making almost one line with the sloping forehead. In the sculptures of the Commagene and the Tyana districts, the nose has a long curving tip, of very Jewish appearance" (Enc. Brit. XIII (1910), 537).

It should be evidently now that the round-headed hook-nosed Jews of today have a definite racial connection with the ancient Hittites, remembering or course what Joseph Jacobs wrote: "Some anthropologists are inclined to associate the racial origins of the Jews, not with the Semites, whose language they adopted, but with the Armenians and Hittites of Mesopotamia, whose broad skulls and cuffed noses they appear to have inherited" (Jew. Enc. X (1903), 264). Moreover, a portrait of one of these Hittites taken from a sculptural relief found on the tomb of an Egyptian Pharaoh clearly reveals what looks like a typical modern Jew (Jew. Enc. VI (1904), 427). The resemblance is so startling it is uncanny! In light of this, and all the other scientific evidence, confirmed and verified, it should be enough to convince any rational person that the modern Jews are standing on very shaky ground in their racial claims to be descendants of Biblical Israel. If you don't believe me just read The Jewish Encyclopedia, remembering of course that there is nothing anti-Semitic about it. After all, the Hittites were not Semites at all. hittites.htm

Source: http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/hittites.htm
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

biblebelievers.org

Wouldn't biblebelievers believe everyone is a descendent of Noah?
    this post = teh win.

Comment

I don't have a hook nose...that must mean I don't have Jew blood. Go son!!!

Woops, was that a stupid comment? Oh well, mistakes happen.
      Last edited by Yuro; 12-15-2004, 05:31 PM.

Comment

i never fully truely understood what the hell a hooked nose is...IMAGES PLEASE!

Comment

Originally posted by Hayq
          i never fully truely understood what the hell a hooked nose is...IMAGES PLEASE!
          A "hooked nose" is actually a very poor description that many in the west use to describe noses that are high nasal bridged or curved. The aforementioned type of nose is shared by many Armenians, Greeks and Italians who inherited the genetic characteristic primarily from Greco-Romans.

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

So the ugliest of jews, the most stereotypical ones are like that because they have Armenian blood eh ?

Here's an unpure jew with Armenian genes according to that article:

"Ashkenazim Jews are a hybrid race by long interbreeding, their ethnicities being Armenid/Arab, also referred to by some as Armenid/Hittite/Assyrian/Arab, aka Armenid/Orientalid. According to Oxford University's Dr. John R. Baker, "the evidence from blood-groups bears on the theory that the Ashkenazim have both Armenids and Orientalids ["Orientalids" is Dr. Baker's word for Arabs] for ancestors." -- from Baker's book Race, [see below], page 242, hardcover"

"The other type of Jew is the Sephardim, also known as "Mediterranean," or "Spanish," or "Portuguese," or "North African" Jews. These Jews lived mostly near the Mediterranean Sea. Sephardim Jews also lived in Iraq (Babylon), Syria, Greece, Turkey, and in the Americas, especially South America. Furthermore, Sephardic Jews lived in Palestine long before the European Zionist movement. Sephardim are more closely related to Arabs, while Ashkenazim are more related to Orientalid/Armenid"

"Luschan holds that the hook-nose is by no means characteristic of the Semites, and contends that the number of arched noses that are found among the Jews is due to ancient mixture with the Hittites in Asia Minor."

"The most important problem suggested by a study of craniometrical results concerning Jews is the relation of the type head of the modern Jews to that of the ancient Hebrews and to the modern Semitic skulls. The pure Semitic skull is dolichocephalic [long-headed], as may be seen from a study of the heads of modern Arabs, Abyssinians, Syrians .... The only way the type of the head may change is by intermixture with other races. If the ancient Hebrews were of the same stock as the modern non-Jewish Semites, and if the modern Jews are their descendants, then a pure dolichocephalic type of head would be expected among the Jews"
            Last edited by Tigranes; 12-15-2004, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Herr Tigran (the name is Tigran don’t corrupt it):

It was as if you were reading my mind. I was just about to ask you to make a comment.

Nevertheless, using your logic, would you also apply your comment to Etruscans, Hittites, Minoans, Persians, Greeks, Italians, Spaniards, French and English. All of the aforementioned nations have high rates of curved noses as well (if you dont believe me visit a museum at check out some ancient sculptures and paintings).

Thus, according to you, it is the Jew that has given us all big noses. Therefore, accoriding to you, any Armenian who has a curved nose ( and I am not one of them) is a mongrel. Right??? How pathetic!

The stupid picture you posted is that of an inbred Jew, NOT an Armenian. The Armenian/Hittite "eagle nose" is aristocratic, there is nothing ugly or JEWISH about a prominant nose.
              Last edited by Armenian; 12-15-2004, 07:48 PM.

Նժդեհ

Comment

Oh, I almost forgot.

The stupid article you posted is nothing but racist psychobabble that isn't even worth the paper it is written on.

Let us see how far you will get in life believing in ugly fairytales.

Նժդեհ

Comment

"Armenid".

What is this hogwash? There is no such thing as Armenid or Armenoid.

I think most of you are ignoring the fact that majority of the worlds Jews, called Ashkenazi Jews, are descendants of the Khazarian tribes who settled in Eastern Europe/Caucuses, and intermixed with the people, and thus are the Jews whom we call "white". The Sephardic Jews are the Arabic Jews.

For further information read Arthor Koestler's "The Thirteenth Tribe" or "History of Edom and Khazaria" by Melchizedek Y. Lewis, or an even better "The Jews of Khazaria" by Kevin Alan Brook.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
                    Herr Tigran (the name is Tigran don’t corrupt it):

It was as if you were reading my mind. I was just about to ask you to make a comment.

Nevertheless, using your logic, would you also apply your comment to Etruscans, Hittites, Minoans, Persians, Greeks, Italians, Spaniards, French and English. All of the aforementioned nations have high rates of curved noses as well (if you dont believe me visit a museum at check out some ancient sculptures and paintings).

Thus, according to you, it is the Jew that has given us all big noses. Therefore, accoriding to you, any Armenian who has a curved nose ( and I am not one of them) is a mongrel. Right??? How pathetic!

The stupid picture you posted is that of an inbred Jew, NOT an Armenian. The Armenian/Hittite "eagle nose" is aristocratic, there is nothing ugly or JEWISH about a prominant nose.

Tigranes is most likely the proper name while Tigran is just a Persianized version

You are asking me questions when you already know my responses.

I have no problems with the racial types common among the non-IE Etruscans, Minoans, Hurro-Urartians etc. Nor do I have a problem with the phenotypes of South Brits, French, Spaniards or any other European people with a prominent or a convex nose. Hell most classic Roman Emperors had a convex nose so did most rulers of the Hittites.
                    I have a pretty prominent nose myself.

Nevertheless, I do not consider anyone with a hook nose (quite different from a convex "Roman" nose), fat lips, unibrows and so on to be Armenian or any other IE or Europoid person. Examples: Aram Khachatryan or Frunzik Mkrtchyan.

They don't have to be jewish mongrels, they can be iranian, arab, hindu etc. mongrels.

Comment

Working...
                    X