Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

A Question- From A Non-armenian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is not an islamic thing where did you get that from????is sais right here where it is from...http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/bidet

the ones who can afford it use it.
    In armenia people hardly have enough water to wash their hands with or for taking a shower with the hot water running on different hours of the day.

Comment

people do have water, the problem is sort of solved.

Comment

i doubt that the water problem is solves, if it is, i can only say congratulations ! I m not saying they didint hav watere only that the hot water came different hours, and so did the cold water, depending on where you lived in yerevan.

Comment

Originally posted by Thai-Samurai
          I just drank two Guinness' and I don't even know how I got to this thread, but I think I use toilet paper.
          2 Guinness'... lightweight

Comment

I think that the answers that you are receiving are not relationed with the fact of been armenian or not. For example, i´m from Argentina, and everybody here use bide, but i think that in the USA, it´s not so commun.

Comment

Ilya
              Your question is actually a very important question..Many people who have answered you here have just given useless answers .They almost made mockery of your question..I, myself can understand the importance and meaning of your question..
              Let me start..
              Washing your back with water arter defecation is mainly a regional thing..so in a given region different nationalities or religions might do the same thing..either wash it or not wash it.So what I mean is it is not a RELIGION thing..Saying Muslims do it is just not good enough..For example if you go to Lebanon you will see different nationalities and religions...Muslims,Christians,Arabs,Armenians,Dur zis..Probably they are all washing..You cant say Christian Arabs don't wash but Muslim Arabs wash their back..They must all be doing the same..
              Your question is actually very helpful..it is a cultural shock for some when they change countries and when they see people not washing or washing their backs after toilet..When I firsat came to England it was a shock for me..I knew people did not wash here but I still can't accept it..It is just very strange for me.It is a cultural thing but it is not altogether a religion thing..We got Christians in Turkey..I know they wash it..
              Ilya ,also you said....;" wiping with toilet paper and then washing backside with water is mainly an islamic practise"...That is wrong..first wash then wipe..Main thing is washing and getting it clean ..Wiping is for drying purposes..
              what I don't understand is ;aren't there any Armenians from Armenia here to answer this question??
              One thing I really wonder is using shoes at home??Do you guys wear shoes at home?/Probably you all do..thinking almost all of you are from USA,,so this is a regional culture thing.In Turkey we never wear shoes at home..

Comment

Originally posted by ARAM33
                Ilya
                Your question is actually a very important question..Many people who have answered you here have just given useless answers .They almost made mockery of your question..I, myself can understand the importance and meaning of your question..
                Let me start..
                Washing your back with water arter defecation is mainly a regional thing..so in a given region different nationalities or religions might do the same thing..either wash it or not wash it.So what I mean is it is not a RELIGION thing..Saying Muslims do it is just not good enough..For example if you go to Lebanon you will see different nationalities and religions...Muslims,Christians,Arabs,Armenians,Dur zis..Probably they are all washing..You cant say Christian Arabs don't wash but Muslim Arabs wash their back..They must all be doing the same..
                Your question is actually very helpful..it is a cultural shock for some when they change countries and when they see people not washing or washing their backs after toilet..When I firsat came to England it was a shock for me..I knew people did not wash here but I still can't accept it..It is just very strange for me.It is a cultural thing but it is not altogether a religion thing..We got Christians in Turkey..I know they wash it..
                Ilya ,also you said....;" wiping with toilet paper and then washing backside with water is mainly an islamic practise"...That is wrong..first wash then wipe..Main thing is washing and getting it clean ..Wiping is for drying purposes..
                what I don't understand is ;aren't there any Armenians from Armenia here to answer this question??
                One thing I really wonder is using shoes at home??Do you guys wear shoes at home?/Probably you all do..thinking almost all of you are from USA,,so this is a regional culture thing.In Turkey we never wear shoes at home..
                As the dean of the National Ass Cleaning Institute of Armenia, I declare that people in Armenia (6 years ago anyways) only use toilet paper. Having said that I must, out of solidarity, announce that the toilet paper in Armenia "was" only slightly more comfortable than fine sandpaper. Also, my roomate (here in US) is from Saudi Arabia (he's now also a very good friend of mine). While they do digitally manipulate their backsides, they also wash (at least 5 times a day) a lot and are in fact a little obsessed with it. So I never had E Coli from contact with my roommate.
                Last edited by karoaper; 06-04-2005, 04:09 PM.

Comment

So profound. There we have it. The lost wisdom of the ages. Washing your ass helps clean off the dingleberries that might otherwise stick to your ass hair.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmoBarbi
                    If there is a bidet there then I will use it, but most places in US dont come with bidets so we all normally use toilet paper. When I lived in the Soviet Union, I came across bidets more often, but it still was not something thats expected.

Totally agree. Same here.
                    Last edited by Vachagan; 06-07-2005, 06:40 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

Originally posted by ARAM33
                      Ilya
                      Let me start..

The best answer yet!
                      I am form Armenia, lived in many countries, including Egypt, Libya, Holland, Chekhoslovakia, Russia, etc. I live in USA for last 10 years and specializing in Middle Eastern studies. I teach.
                      Yes, washing is cultural thing...and very clean thing, I would say. Bidets are the best and, actually very much reccomended by doctors... prevents from hemmorroids (use only cold water and with pressure).
                      About shoes, dear Aram 33. In the US , unfortunately, most people (mostly in the South) do not wear anything on their feet at home. Well, tile at home is clean. But that remidns me a farm, or farmers...sorry. I was raised in the culture, where people wore sleepers, very comfortable, nice and clean home shoes, not shoes that they wear outside... that is intolerable.
                      That's all. Thank you!

Dr. Vachagan Robert Yengibaryan
                      Miami, Florida

Comment

Working...
                      X