Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Should Turkey abondon their country

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Turkey abondon their country

This is the Poll Question:

Should Turkey give up being Turkey? Then donate everything they own to Mongolia? And then divide up Turkey like this.

Western 1/3 of Turkey go to Italy.
    Middle 1/3 go to Greeks.
    Eastern 1/3 go to Armenians.
    Yes, Turkey should give up being Turkey
    60.00%
    No, Turkey should not give up being Turkey.
    25.00%
    Where in the world is Turkey? Maybe I'm in the wrong forum.
    0.00%
    HEY!! I'm Turkish.
    15.00%
    Last edited by Thai-Samurai; 04-19-2005, 07:01 PM.

I think its kind of absurd to suggest it, but makes me smile. hehehhe

Comment

I'll bet this plan could work out perfectly. Since of course there will still be Turkish people living there, we can create a Quad-Party Empire.

The Italians will govern their 1/3, and so will the Greeks and the Armenians.
      The Turks living in whatever area will look up to their appropriate gov't for help and support and also pay taxes to them. However the money has to stay in Turkey, and used there.
      If any big issues arise, then the 3 gov'ts will meet, w/ proper representation from the Turks, and decesions will be made this way.

Comment

Is there really a point to all of this?...and secondly - Thai-Samurai - I hope you don't mind that I ask - but don't you like girls? When I was your age most all of my fantasies revolved around more attainable and more imediatly sensory and enjoyable pursuits...not such utterly pie in the sky things...and just why are you allocating parts of Anatolia to Italy anyway? - in hopes of improving the winemaking? ....and as usual - of course...the Kurds are left out of it.... ...anyway - whatever gets you off...

Comment

Originally posted by winoman
          Is there really a point to all of this?...and secondly - Thai-Samurai - I hope you don't mind that I ask - but don't you like girls? When I was your age most all of my fantasies revolved around more attainable and more imediatly sensory and enjoyable pursuits...not such utterly pie in the sky things...and just why are you allocating parts of Anatolia to Italy anyway? - in hopes of improving the winemaking? ....and as usual - of course...the Kurds are left out of it.... ...anyway - whatever gets you off...
          What Armenians call historic Armenia the Kurds refer to as Kurdistan.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Because it was New Rome that the Turks took away. Rome is the essence of Europe. At first, Rome tried to keep the Europeans out, but then, then, Rome protected and nurtured the Europeans. And the Turks took it all way. I think the western 1/3 of Turkey should go to Italy.

Comment

Actually this seems better. Upper/western third goes to Italy.
              Lower/wester goes to Greece. And the eastern goes to Armenia.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                What Armenians call historic Armenia the Kurds refer to as Kurdistan.
                yeah so - tell us something we didn't know. It amazes me that you aparently think your rather pedestrian observations are something profound...dunnoh really - OK - good Mouse - thank you - we appreciate that you've been thinking hard on the matter and you should be proud that you are able to contribute...that a boy...Ok run along now...

Having been to most all of Anatolia I have to say that the Southeast region that the Kurds claim (that somewhat overlaps traditional Armenian inhabited areas) is not what I would term one of the "garden spots" of Anatolia. Sure - no one can deny the Armenian presence in the Van region - including Van, Bitlis and thereabouts - and Ararat of course - and it would be wonderful to once again see these areas inhabited by Armenians and fertile once again - but go just a bit South and somewhat West from there and well - they can keep it I think.

And again - give the Italians Western Anatolia?!?!?!?! What! - Istanbul (Constantinople) , Izmir (Smyrna), and all down along the Agaean and Med coasts! You've got to be nuts! - give the Italians Sicily...most of this area was more Greek then anything else anyway. And to me - Anatolia without the pristine beaches and such is hardly worth it at all! Its basically one big dustbowl with a few rocky crags thrown in...So why set our sights to just the traditional (out of the way) areas - there are tourist dollars to be made and great pristine coves and beaches all within easy reach! - I mean why give it to the Italians or such - as if they are going to help liberate it in any way besides - at least we can count on the Greek's support! (all j/k BTW....in case you were worried...)

Comment

Originally posted by Thai-Samurai
                  Because it was New Rome that the Turks took away. Rome is the essence of Europe. At first, Rome tried to keep the Europeans out, but then, then, Rome protected and nurtured the Europeans. And the Turks took it all way. I think the western 1/3 of Turkey should go to Italy.
                  There were very few Italians in this "new Rome" - they were mostly all Greeks. But perhaps we should give it to the Chinese since they invented pasta.

Comment

There were very few Italians in this "new Rome" - they were mostly all Greeks. But perhaps we should give it to the Chinese since they invented pasta.
                    No you're getting too far ahead. The Chinese are next. We need to give California to the Chinese since they discovered it first.

Comment

Working...
                    X