Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Pictures from Armenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we walk around and get coffee and walk more and then we shop and then we go home by the use of the marshuka...

and yes we do notice the staring by men... and yes they do stand and star all the time...

Comment

This is all really interesting. Oh by the way, has anyone been to Nor Hajin yet?

Comment

Originally posted by sad_eyes
        This is all really interesting. Oh by the way, has anyone been to Nor Hajin yet?
        No I've never heard of that what is it?

Comment

Originally posted by nunechka
          we walk around and get coffee and walk more and then we shop and then we go home by the use of the marshuka...

and yes we do notice the staring by men... and yes they do stand and star all the time...

Staring isn't really so bad...though I can understand the feeling of being under watch and concious of ones actions - a bit repressive. Shame there can't just be normal interaction - like if you said Hi or such it wouln't immediatly be interpreted as a come on (or that Red Brigade wouldn't immediatly brand you a s l u t - etc)

I found it funny in France to be reminded by my wife that I had to make nice comments to the ladies we met that they looked nice and even flirt a bit - as it is expected! ...and to not do so is considered a bit insulting - as if they are not worth the attention and such

Comment

no here people standing on the street have nothing better to do so if they've never seen you before they just stare.

Comment

Hè hè....i don't call people who greet each other xxxxs ,i already gave the definition of a xxxx in the other thread.
              If someone stared at me too long with a wierd expression on his face ,if he was male, i would probably assume that he has a prohlem with me and i would go and see what he wants.
              If she was female , then its normal to stare at me

Comment

here girls don't even glance at you, but walk around all sexy and stuff, and guys just stare (not punk stare like in America) Cuz that's how I felt at first too, at first Iwas like "does that guy seriously want beef w/ me?" but then i realized i just look different to everyone.

Comment

i dont care about the staring or even saying hello... its the weird nonstop staring that strange... and whats even stranger is the fact that the guys dont think it is strange to stare nonstop... they dont even know that htye are are doing it... but anywho i am attracked to men and i like staring back...

anywho - redbrig you will mature and stop defining words such as "s l u t" or what have you sooner or later... if you dont, it wont hurt you, it'll make your life a little harder thats all...

a s l u t is someone i dont like... i dont care if they have never touched the opposite sex or even the same sex... men are s l u t s much more often then women if categories in the sexual manner... however more women are called s l u t s then men because women dont use that language, however, men do... and we all know that the thief thinks the world is a theif... (substitute the word theif for the word s l u t, and make the connection)...

Comment

Originally posted by Thai-Samurai
                    No I've never heard of that what is it?
                    It is a small village about 2 hours away from Yereven. It is addressed as something else too, but I am unaware of what. My boyfriend and his friends address it as nor hajin.

Hehehe, I remember when the armenians first came here (keep in mind that they came directly from armenia on working visas) they were so easy to spot. They walked in groups, they touched each other while talking (in a friendly man to man manner) they wore black and they have a distinctive walk. Usually with their arms behind they backs and their heads turned up slightly. And yes, of course. THE STARING. Especially at the women. I thought it was cute. They were such foriengers.
                    Last edited by sad_eyes; 05-24-2005, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sad_eyes
                      It is a small village about 2 hours away from Yereven. It is addressed as something else too, but I am unaware of what. My boyfriend and his friends address it as nor hajin.

Hehehe, I remember when the armenians first came here (keep in mind that they came directly from armenia on working visas) they were so easy to spot. They walked in groups, they touched each other while talking (in a friendly man to man manner) they wore black and they have a distinctive walk. Usually with their arms behind they backs and their heads turned up slightly. And yes, of course. THE STARING. Especially at the women. I thought it was cute. They were such foriengers.
                      where's here?
                      Old people walk like that.
                      Yeah guys hold each others shoulders when they walk, and sometimes they kiss cheeks when they greet, which I think is completely unnecessary, a hearty handshake is good enough for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X