Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian people wtf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armenian people wtf

As a 25 year old man living in Chicago I am starting to see a growing trend in our American/ Armenian community. Armenian men treating Armenian women like trash. As I clicked search on the other part of this site to see what other Armenians lived in Illinois I was disgusted to see that not only where the women dressed very provoctively but the men paying tribute to them with disgusting comments. My plea to you as people from a great culture is to at least stop the comments. You are helping to produce Armenian women with no self respect and values. You are also helping to breed future generations of men who will abuse and devalue women.

I am open to discussion and if anyone else is going through a similiar understanding let me know

Me

Originally posted by sculpter21
    As a 25 year old man living in Chicago I am starting to see a growing trend in our American/ Armenian community. Armenian men treating Armenian women like trash. As I clicked search on the other part of this site to see what other Armenians lived in Illinois I was disgusted to see that not only where the women dressed very provoctively but the men paying tribute to them with disgusting comments. My plea to you as people from a great culture is to at least stop the comments. You are helping to produce Armenian women with no self respect and values. You are also helping to breed future generations of men who will abuse and devalue women.

I am open to discussion and if anyone else is going through a similiar understanding let me know

Me

I completely agree. However, this is not a new phenomenon. In Armenia when girls would DARE go out in shorts even or mini skirts, guys would turn into complete dogs, wistling and making comments. The comments weren't dirty, but shovenistic. You know our "ancient" mentallity: Women are either saints or xxxxxs. In American-Armenian communities, I think the influence of rap culture is evident in how such comments have become dirtier and tawdrier. The same cultural elements are negatively influencing how our girls behave and portray themselves, including what they wear. I agree though those of us having kids must do our best to raise REAL men, who don't disrespect women and don't cheat on them and REAL women who haven't completely lost all bounderies and limits and forgotten that they are Armenian women.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
      I completely agree. However, this is not a new phenomenon. In Armenia when girls would DARE go out in shorts even or mini skirts, guys would turn into complete dogs, wistling and making comments. The comments weren't dirty, but shovenistic. In American-Armenian communities, I think the influence of rap culture is evident in how such comments have become dirtier and tawdrier. The same cultural elements are negatively influencing how our girls behave and portray themselves, including what they wear. I agree though those of us having kids must do our best to raise REAL men, who don't disrespect women and don't cheat on them and REAL women who haven't completely lost all bounderies and limits and forgotten that they are Armenian women.
      I agree the rap culture which is not a culture at all but a marketing scam has an influence on the young armenians I hope that our culture will not mirror that of others that value having children out of wedlock and that we will never create songs about supporting armenian baby mamas
      Last edited by sculpter21; 06-26-2005, 06:33 PM.

Comment

well, we live in a society that gave the world the hooters airline. what do we expect? our parents' generation traded in our old world culture to live the big life in america.

Comment

bezjian took the words right outta my mouth. Agreed. That's the price we paid, and we will pay for a long time....our children will be the most affected ones.

Comment

This problem is hardly limited to Armenians, athough I understand your desire to focus on that group. It is sad to see such mentality in men, but the women who dress that way in the first place should be held responsible for that choice. They arent stupid; they know what reaction theyre gonna get perfectly well, and they allow it to happen. Im not saying that they cause it, and the men are not responsible at all, just wanted to point out that both parties play a part here.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
              I completely agree. However, this is not a new phenomenon. In Armenia when girls would DARE go out in shorts even or mini skirts, guys would turn into complete dogs, wistling and making comments. The comments weren't dirty, but shovenistic. You know our "ancient" mentallity: Women are either saints or xxxxxs. In American-Armenian communities, I think the influence of rap culture is evident in how such comments have become dirtier and tawdrier. The same cultural elements are negatively influencing how our girls behave and portray themselves, including what they wear. I agree though those of us having kids must do our best to raise REAL men, who don't disrespect women and don't cheat on them and REAL women who haven't completely lost all bounderies and limits and forgotten that they are Armenian women.
              I think more than anything, living under centuries of Muslim rule has had its price and alot of this backwardness is a mentality gained from this Islamic influence. But indeed, this isn't an Armenian only problem, just like the big nose (Jooz and Italians have it too).
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by sculpter21

Me
                this is american culture influence i think because armenian society lives amog other culture they tey to act like them .
                for example if you will live in jerusalem you will act as their armenian society do
                and american culture acting this way and you canot do nothin people are affected by environment they livin this is a fact and this what i think !

Comment

Sure...blame it on 'American culture'.

Comment

Originally posted by bezjian
                    well, we live in a society that gave the world the hooters airline. what do we expect? our parents' generation traded in our old world culture to live the big life in america.
                    LOL

I only recently found out there a hooters airline. I saw it by accident in an airport sign (it was: Delta -- go here, Northwest -- go theres, hooters -- straight ahead). I thought it was a joke at first.

Comment

Working...
                    X