Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

An appeal to the Turkish government and Turks abroad on the Armenian issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An appeal to the Turkish government and Turks abroad on the Armenian issue

The only smart choices I've seen him make is stay loyal to the Russians, and spend more on the millitary.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
      With Iranians, I get the sense that it's more a matter of spiting the Suni, Israel-loving Turks and Azeris. If tomorrow, they normalize their relationship, possibly through the help of Syria, I honestly don't think they will choose Christian Armenia before the Muslim Turks, especially if Turks become more Islamic.

Karo, I fully agree that Russia is vital for Armenia's survival.

However, Russian's, in general, are an unstable bunch. If tomorrow, for example, Putin gets killed and some freak takes over Moscow - it will be a whole new ball game. Consider what happend to Armeno-Russian relations about a hundred years ago.

However, Armeno-Iranian relations are much deeper that you think. Yes, the political situation today dictates that Iran and Armenia need to cooperate. However, Iran and Armenians have always had good relations throughout history. The last time we had a serious problems with Parsiks was back in 451 AD. Even with the fundamentalist government of Iran, Armenians have always been well-liked and respected within Iran, just take a look at the Isfahan's Armenian community or speak to the nearest Parskahav you find.

Also, Iranians are more anti-Turk than us Armenians. If you don't believe me just talk to an Iranian and notice some of the Armenians here with turkish fetishes. Iranians have fought Turks and Sunnis for centuries So, don't expect Iranian attitudes towards Turks and Sunnis to change one bit.
      Last edited by Armenian; 01-26-2006, 03:35 PM.
      Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
        Karo, I fully agree that Russia is vital for Armenia's survival.

However, Russian's, in general, are an unstable bunch. If tomorrow, for example, Putin gets killed and some freak takes over Moscow - it will be a whole new ball game. Consider what happend to Armeno-Russian relations about a hundred years ago.

However, Armeno-Iranian relations are much deeper that you think. Yes, the political situation today dictates that Iran and Armenia need to cooperate. However, Iran and Armenians have always had good relations throughout history. The last time we had a serious problems with Parsiks was back in 451 AD. Even with the fundamentalist government of Iran, Armenians have always been well-liked and respected within Iran, just take a look at the Isfahan's Armenian community or speak to the nearest Parskahav you find.

Also, Iranians are more anti-Turk than us Armenians. If you don't believe me just talk to an Iranian and notice some of the Armenians here with turkish fetishes. Iranians have fought Turks and Sunnis for centuries So, don't expect Iranian attitudes towards Turks and Sunnis to change one bit.
        Did you know, that the Parsiks have "jan" too...like its the same word with the same meaning.

I thought it was like exclusive to Armenians.

I no longer feel special.

Edit: Isn't Northern Iran all Azeri tribes? By heritage they are azeri...And they support the Azeris more than they support us.

However, despite what you may think, we are vital to Russia, and probably will be for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by ace
          Did you know, that the Parsiks have "jan" too...like its the same word with the same meaning.

I thought it was like exclusive to Armenians.

I no longer feel special.

Edit: Isn't Northern Iran all Azeri tribes? By heritage they are azeri...And they support the Azeris more than they support us.

However, despite what you may think, we are vital to Russia, and probably will be for awhile.
          Bari luys, great portion of our Armenian vocabulary and personal names are derived from the ancient Persians. Terms such as: Patuhan, Hreshtak, Zrah, Panak, ect. Also, if you have a non-Biblical Armenian name, chances are it will be Persian in origin. Armenians and Persians were very close genetically, politically and culturally, untill Islam and Christianity seperated our paths. Today, Armenians are closer to the real ancient Persians than the Persians themselves. The reason: Due to their vast empire and the adoptation of Islam, Persians incorporated large numbers of non-Iranian (non-Aryan) peoples into their society.

Persian Azeris are ethnically Persian, not Turkic. The so-called Azeris of Azerbaijan are a mix of Tatars and native tribes, they are not real Azeris. Don't forget, there was not such country as Azerbaijan untill the turn of the 20th century. Azerbaijan is not a 'nation' its a 'location' within north western Iran. In the Persian language Azerbaijan means land of fire.
          Last edited by Armenian; 01-26-2006, 03:53 PM.

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Azerbaijan is not a 'nation' its a 'location' within north western Iran. Don't forget, there was not such country as Azerbaijan untill the turn of the 20th century.
            Azerbaijan is a nation.

Comment

Bari luys, most of our vocabulary and personal names are derived from the ancient Persians. Such like: Patuhan, Hreshtak, Zrah, Panak, ect.
              Didn't know about those words. Hreshtak? Are you certain about this? What are the actual Farsi words?

If you have a non-Biblical Armenian name, chances are it wil be Persian in origin.
              I suppose it's by coincidence though, since around the formation of Armenia, Persia was the ruler of the area. I suppose my own name Karen is somehow Persian related. What about the mythical names, like Ara, Gayaneh, Anahit? I read somewhere they were related to gods and goddesses of similar function in other people's mythology, but aren't the names themselves originally Armenian?
              Last edited by karoaper; 01-26-2006, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Didn't know about those words. Hreshtak? that suck ... I like that word.
                I'm surprised you guys don't know these things. I guess you dingbats were too busy with MTV growing up. BTW: There is nothing wrong with ancient Persians, they were perhaps the greatest classical civilization. Modern Persians... Well, that's another story.

I suppose it's by coincidence though, since around the formation of Armenia, Persia was the ruler of the area. I suppose my own name Karen is somehow Persian related
                First of all: The Armenian nation formed approximately two-three thousand BC, not 6th century BC. When Armenia formed as a nation there was no such thing as Persians. However, for about a thousand years (500 BC-500 AD), Armenia was very close to Persia politically. Therefore, its natural that the Armenian language incorporated many Persian words.

You need to take into account the fact that the origins of the ancient Persians are found within the Armenian Highlands. The ancient Persians are essentially a seperated branch of our nation.

Նժդեհ

Comment

I'm surprised you guys don't know these things. I guess you dingbats were too busy with MTV growing up. BTW: There is nothing wrong with ancient Persians, they were perhaps the greatest classical civilization. Modern Persians... Well, that's another story.
                  First of all I'd appreciate a less rude comments, second of all, I didn't grow up on MTV, third of all Persia and Armenia as sub-branches of same peoples is not a theory set in stone. I've read that Hitities are related to us, that Armenians are from the north and a bunch of other theories.

I like your passion on the matter, but get off your high-horse, plz. Unless, you're an "hin tseruk".

Comment

Did you know, that the Parsiks have "jan" too..
                    A week or so ago, I was searching for some informations on Hizbolah and happenned to come across an Iranian forum. Curiosity naturally drew me in. I did see several times "jan" being used by them.

Persia and Armenia as sub-branches of same peoples is not a theory set in stone.
                    Nothing is set in stone, but I was interested to read some commentary from Iranians who say that their ancient text point to a movement of their people from the South Caucasian highland.

Comment

I like your passion on the matter, but get off your high-horse, plz. Unless, you're an "hin tseruk".
                      Compared to you, I probably am a "hin tseruk."

As far as I am concerned, Persians, as well as a series of other ancient nations, are natives of the Armenian Highlands. Hittites being proto-Armenian has nothing to do with whether or not Persians originated in the Armenian Highlands. Also remember that Armenians are made up of various ancient peoples such as the Phyrigians, Hittites, Hurrians, Urartians, ect. As a matter of fact, Sumerians were most probably proto-Armenians as well. That is, they originated with Anatolia or the Caucasus.

Ok, I'm done. *get's on his white horse and gallops away*

Նժդեհ

Comment

Working...
                      X