Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Glendale News Press and Armenians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Right on the spot

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
    You're still stereotyping! I can agree with most of what you mean to say; but don't narrow it down to BMW/Mercedes drivers. On a typical day, you would probably ignore a Nissan that speeds by. Heck, you just might not notice it and move on. The second it's a BMW gaining a little bit of speed, that's what matters to you.

I can understand how you feel about reckless drivers; I agree, but there's so much more than that. It's not the car that matters and it's not all Armenians who drive those cars.
    I have never claimed all Armenians were driving reckless, nor did I say all BMW/Mercedes are driven by Armenians. I simply noticed that most reckless BMW/Mercedes drivers appear to be young Armenian males.
    Occasionally, there might very well be a reckless Nissan driver or a reckless non-Armenian BMW/Mercedes driver. That still does not change the fact that most reckless BMW/Mercedes seem to be young Armenian males, not Hispanics, Asians or African-Americans.
    What exactly is wrong with these guys ? What are they trying to prove and to whom ? I have failed to understand why they behave like idiots in their cars. Is it the combination of culture (or lack thereof) and being not quite mature enough to drive a car ? Are their parents to be blamed for this behavior ? I wish someone could give me a good answer.

Comment

Re: Glendale News Press and Armenians

Don't worry herby, I don't like them either. Everyone knows that those thuggish Armenian males are the scourge of the community.

Wish I could give you an answer as to why those hoodlums exist, but I can't. Actually, they can't even be called hoodlums since they never leave their beloved cars.

Comment

all i know is Armenians all over the US have a reputation as nice, hard working, respected people. Only in Glendale do they have this horrible reputation. When I meet people from LA and I tell them Im Armenian they stereotype me right away, its really sad that people in Glendale ruined the good repuation worked hard to achieve when they came to the US after the genocide.

Comment

Don't be jealous. You too could be a young Armenian hooligan in a black BMW, or MBZ. You'll just have to sleep on a futon in a two bed apartment occupied by your parents, 3 other kids, a grandparent and your young nephew or niece. Just kidding.

Come on Mr. or Mrs. Leib (that should really read "Heeb") cannot be stereotyping race, she's J-ewish, likely a Holocaust survivor and old, very, very, old. And, probably bitter too. Old J-ewish women just can't be racist... because of the Holocaust. She won't buy a German car because she's boycotting to make a statement about the Holocaust.

Could you imagine if a German woman wrote this same op-ed piece in the Beverly Hills Courier about young, snotty J-ewish boys and girls driving their BMWs, and MBZs.

Jimmy Delshad, their Mayor, would kick her out of the city for fear of his removal from office by the fat f-uck Foxman.

Shows you just how much pull your local Armenian-American lobbying organization is doing with its grassroots program. ANC Glendale and Burbank, can you hear me? Anybody there? Anyone? Hello?
          Last edited by freakyfreaky; 05-31-2008, 07:44 AM.
          Between childhood, boyhood,
          adolescence
          & manhood (maturity) there
          should be sharp lines drawn w/
          Tests, deaths, feats, rites
          stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Well, I can't say she's not right.

Sadly these stupid Armenian youths (in fact, mostly Hayastansi) are constantly giving other Armenians a bad name.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by freakyfreaky View Post
              Farshad
              -Far

+Del

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
                Sadly these stupid Armenian youths (in fact, mostly Hayastansi) are constantly giving other Armenians a bad name.
                I wish every new migrant groups or natives would have caused the problems that Armenians are causing. After all it is a catastrophe to take a shopping card out of a grocery lot and being a teenager in a foreign car. I just keep wondering why is still Glendale considered one of the safest cities in CA if all of these Armenians or the center of these ..... what is the complaint again? other than being Armenians?

Comment

What's the complaint? Wreckless driving? This goes on everywhere, not just in Glendale. Only difference is, in Glendale, the kids are driving much nicer cars and get noticed much more than would kids in their Ford pick ups.

Armenians don't have a bad rep in the LA area. In fact, they have a very good one amongst people who know what's what. The only people making those generalizations are people who obviously have very little personal interraction with Armenians and are probably employed by a 20 y/o Armenian 'kid'.

Comment

This letter was from March 06. I'm sure it's much better now... especially since with current gas prices, they are all going to start driving corollas and ricers.
                    this post = teh win.

Comment

Sen. Scott loves us, I wonder what Arnie "the Heeb" Leib has to say about that. http://www.glendalenewspress.com/art...andscape06.txt
                      Between childhood, boyhood,
                      adolescence
                      & manhood (maturity) there
                      should be sharp lines drawn w/
                      Tests, deaths, feats, rites
                      stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Working...
                      X