Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenians & Christianity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenians & Christianity.

Originally posted by HyeWayCop
    Jesus is not Christian .. anahita lay off the crack child.

I am assuming that you are a Christian. Jesus IS NOT/WAS NOT/WILL NEVER BE a 'Christian.' You can be one if you want to, though. No quotes, there.

[Edit: No crack or coke for me, ever. I wouldn't touch that. Crack is pure evil... introduced to vulnerable kids. Anyone can quote me on that, about 'evil.' Crack is evil (and was introduced to inner cities... by people doing EVIL things.)]
    Last edited by Anahita; 07-03-2006, 02:32 AM.

Comment

How explain that to me this should be intresting. you cant just say something state some facts.
      Which Way is the Right Way?

Comment

Anahita: WE DO NOT WORSHIP MARY!!!! Maryology is a sin and a damnable offense in God's Eyes. Do not speak for the Roman Catholic Church and do not insult our Lord & Saviour, Jesus Christ, who IS God, and is part of the Holy Trinity, as anybody else here can tell you (despite some not believing). I don't care what you believe, but, don't tell me what I believe and how I behave. WE DO NOT WORSHIP MARY!!! NEVER HAVE, NEVER WILL!!!!

Comment

Holy crap talk about an inflated eGo with a capital G! HyeWayCop do you now see exactly what I meant by the religious having the much larger ego problem?

And once again to answer your question HyeWayCop: Knowing the facts about a certain thing is one thing. Having the ability to figure out some explanations are simply not valid is another. You don't have to always know everything. Just because I don't (or anyone else) know how the Earth formed doesn't mean that by default the Christian version of things becomes a valid view. For one thing, the Christian version seems to have very little in common with what we actually do know.

Now since I told you what I believed, it's your turn to say what you believe. What do YOU believe about the questions you asked me?
          Last edited by Sip; 07-03-2006, 10:25 AM.
          this post = teh win.

Comment

Armenia was the FIRST country in the world to make Christianity the state religion. Armenian churches and monasteries are beautiful...we have many in Iran...architecturally though, I cannot tell the difference between an Armenian and a Georgian church...they look so much alike.

Comment

I believe in the truth which is God... Christians have ego's, ( i dont think so) its those people that think there so smart that believe in themselves or we came from monkeys, GOD IS #1.
              Which Way is the Right Way?

Comment

Originally posted by HyeWayCop
                I believe in the truth which is God.
                Why do you believe this?
                this post = teh win.

Comment

This thread is about Armenians and Christianity in the Armenian history forum. Please let's not get into the Christianity/religion is wrong or why Christianity/religion is better arguments.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                    The role of Christianity was important in that it erected a natural barrier between the Mohammadan Turks.
                    Many nations converted to islam but kept their identity. The persians being an obvious example. Regardless of my own faith...logical thinking dictates that although converting to christianity in 301AD was politically a very astute move...holding on to that faith however has cost Armenians a lot strategically.

My two cents
                    (and it's canadian cents at that)

Comment

Arent the majority of Armenians Christian. Thats how i was taught & raised.
                      Download the song "Schism" by Tool.

Comment

Working...
                      X