Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Half Armenians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Half Armenians

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
    When ethnicities live next to each other without cultural, linguistic and/or religious barriers (or taboos) inter-ethnic marriages are inevitable. As a matter of fact, with the passage of time such mixing will only become normal. Thus, fighting against it is pointless, it will only serve to frustrate you and make you bitter. Want to preserve Armenian heritage? Do so in Armenia, not in Southern California. As all ethnic diasporas our diaspora is doomed. Let's hope, however, that our diaspora will survive until that day when the Armenian Republic is established enough not to need a diaspora for survival. Today's "Armenia Fund Telethon" is a perfect example of how the Armenian Diaspora, while it survives, can partake in nation building.
    Enker Armenian, the flaw in the argument that "all ethnic diasporas our diaspora is doomed" and we should accept our fate is that this is not occuring within the Armenian diaspora because the Diaspora is opting to accept new norms to lessen the burden of their decisions on themselves. Armenian ideology, values, identity, everything is being replaced by foreign values, identity, but under the banner of "Armenian". Its a jar, with different contents inside, but with the same label.

Enker Armenian, yes, I agree, they are inevitable, but that does not anyone the moral authority to make it a norm and when you accept this as a norm you fracture your people into various sub-divisions, furthermore, you dilute their loyalty to the state, this has to be understood and accepted. Anyone that opposes my view is going against fundimental laws of government and state building.

Since everyone is just constantly bringing this up, let me again clarify my position for the final time and lets be brave enough to accept the harsh reality of my position and move on. Again, I am not convincing anyone what they should or should not do, that is not what I advocate, I am not God nor do I have any more moral authority then fellow members and Armenians. However, this does not mean I should ignore the fact that this is a degenerate ideology and is as much of a threat to Armenia as it to the Diaspora, at the very minimum it does at least become a factor in any decision I make.

Essentially, when this is individually accepted it the creates a vicious cycle that depopulates Armenia because it strenghtens the idea of a "spiritual Armenia". This occurs because on the micro level Armenians like me and you, Armenian, choose to accept and tolerate this behavior making it a norm. Take the infinite sum among the core and you have accepted a new norm. Eventually you have fragmented your people into various mixes with no motivation to push forward the prospects of the Armenian state. This has to be understood, you have to understand this fundimental concept, once a people give up fighting for their values, their way of life, you lose.

I am sorry to say Armenian, tolerating this degeneration is a losers mentality, we need to have a winners mentality, we don't need to accept everything that history has thrown our way, this is why I spend time writing this, if you today accept this as a norm then you are accepting the humiliation and extinction of the Armenain people by the hands of Turks. Armenians need to understand, there exists no future for the Armenian state, the Armenian people outside of Armenia. Building schools and churches has no utility unless you want to accept and adhere to a nomadic way of life, country hoping in the process is not a lifestyle I want to pass onto future generations, I do not want Armenians to inherit a future where they will always be 2nd class citizens because they choose to be culturally Armenian, but geographically surrounded by Non-Armenians. As long as you live in a state as a minority you will always be consider the 2nd class citizen unless you become the majority. This has to be accepted, its up to me and you to stop this idea from spreading, its a very dangerious idea to tolerate, it has to be stopped at the core.

Consider the fact that most of these individuals opt to impose a identity on their children and consider the fact that more and more Armenians are immigrating out, overtime, the individuals with foriegn upbringing, a foreign way of life based on alien ethnic standards and religious views will have the economic power to then dictate the direction of Armenia. Infusing degenerate values and allowing our precious culture to be diluted and replaced by capitalistic institutions and organizations that will rape and molest our way of life, destroying every once of purity we have fought to maintain and protect from the hands of foreign powers that tryed to impose a gypsie's destiny on us.

And understand that if you are a half Armenian this is not a attack on you, consider this analogy, if you were a student and are have currently have a failing grade, the professor can do two things, he can demotivate further by just passing you or he can motivate you more by entertaining the prospects of a passing grade on the condition that you work hard in his or her class. Lets consider a even more concrete analogy, you have a castle, their exists a invading army, ultimatly, the invading army will penetrate your defenses. Are you going to not build a wall because you know you are going to lose or at least are you going to put a wall with the intention of giving the opposing force a hard time? This is what it boils down to, we should make our decisions with all weights considered.

I sincerly beleive that Armenians are better then this, we can become the great and proud people we once were, but this will never come to pass if we accept the losers destiny, this is what we are accepting, a losers destiny, this is the reality, stop trying to convince yourselves otherwise.
    Last edited by Virgil; 11-22-2007, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Virgil, I was more-or-less like you once, but time and experience changes people. Regardless of how much you want to fight and not accept the inevitable, the inevitable 'will' be. And having a "winners mentality" will not change reality. The sociopolitical environment in which Armenians of the vast diaspora live cannot be controlled. And no one in the diaspora can dictate a code of ethics under which Armenian diasporans would be forced to live. Thus, I see your fight as futile and a waste of a precious effort that could be used more efficiently elsewhere. I personally chose to fight in a realistic world, not a world of make believe. Like it or not, the diaspora is on a course that cannot be changed. The only place you, as an Armenian nationalist, can have a lasting impact is within the Armenian Republic. Simple as that.
      Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Virgil, I was more-or-less like you once, but time and experience changes people. Regardless of how much you want to fight and not accept the inevitable, the inevitable 'will' be. And having a "winners mentality" will not change reality. The sociopolitical environment in which Armenians of the vast diaspora live cannot be controlled. And no one in the diaspora can dictate a code of ethics under which Armenian diasporans would be forced to live. Thus, I see your fight as futile and a waste of a precious effort that could be used more efficiently elsewhere. I personally chose to fight in a realistic world, not a world of make believe. Like it or not, the diaspora is on a course that cannot be changed. The only place you, as an Armenian nationalist, can have a lasting impact is within the Armenian Republic. Simple as that.
        Armenian I will pm you a reply, this is getting dragged, but my fundimental idea is out there, let them play with it and shape it, but understand that if everyone is Armenian in the world and it is a very evident that Diaspora is not assimlating but adapting and its doing so because we, the core, are accepting the ravages of immigration (i.e. relations that are inevitable) then the population is being replaced and the drive to motivate state building diminishes.
        Last edited by Virgil; 12-07-2007, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil
          Armenian, we truly beat a dead horse, but I stand where I stand not so much so because I refuse to accept the inevitable. Its not my intentions to be a "savior" of the Diaspora, but the reality is that the Diaspora is walking the fence and its causing the depopulation of Armenia. You can not honestly tell me the Diaspora is assimilating because they are not assimilating, they are just adapting and stagnating in the process, dragging down Armenian statehood. What is Armenian? You send your kids to Armenian school? Is this it? So if this is it, what is motivating anyone from staying in Armenia? Its a vicious cycle, lets face it, if everyone wants to immigrate out Armenia, what is stoping anyone from staying in Armenia if values can be exported and "preserved"?
          Dude, you just lost me. I don't know what you are arguing...

Anyway, the point is, the diaspora is headed towards eventual oblivion regardless of what we do. We should be seeking to make our homeland a better place to live in so that the average Armenian living there does not have an 'excuse' to think about leaving the country. The only important entity in this debate is the 'homeland' - not even the Armenian individual, per say. So, efforts spent in the diaspora is efforts wasted. Our limited resources should exclusivly be spent within our homeland.
          Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Anyway, the point is, the diaspora is headed towards eventual oblivion regardless of what we do. We should be seeking to make our homeland a better place to live in so that the average Armenian living there does not have an 'excuse' to think about leaving the country. The only important entity in this debate is the 'homeland' - not even the Armenian individual, per say. So, efforts spent in the diaspora is efforts wasted. Our limited resources should exclusivly be spent within our homeland.
            Armenian those are wise words. Much of the Diaspora doesn't know what being Armenian is.

Comment

Nevermind, your right in that we are just arguing at this point, I don't intend to argue, thats not my intention, I just don't like repeating myself, so lets stop here Enkar. I am trying tu sum up my point to you, the idea of accepting "mixes" is esentially the same as saying the Diaspora adapts, but the idea the idea that Diaspora can "adapt" and still retain Armenian identity will in itself lead to the decline of the Armenian state beucase you are taking away the intangible drive of state building by those in the homeland. The idea that we as the Diaspora can offer a solution is counter productive to state, its a self fullfilling prophacy, I hope that helps, if you want to reply pm, sorry for the confusion, I gotta run out for the night.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
                There happens to be a mildieu of them here in Glendale. It's a horrific and tragic site to see. Really.
                What the heck is a 'mildieu'?

Comment

I think it should be milieu ( without 'd'); meaning surroundings/ environment. It is a French word.
                  Last edited by Lucin; 12-07-2007, 10:44 AM.

Comment

i am half Armenian half white Australian, but my heart is completely 100% ARMENIAN!

Comment

• Re: Half Armenians

I have a friend. He's black and half Polish. Me and my other friend are teaching him Armenian and he really want's to learn. What does that make him?

Comment

Working...
                      X