Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Half Armenians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Half Armenians

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
    Virgil, with some reservations I agree with most of what you have stated. You have proven to be an Armenian extremist, and God knows we need more of your type within our ranks. I simply ask you to reconsider how you look at mixed Armenians. No one here is promoting mixing. However, when mixing does occur, and it will naturally occur in the diaspora, their children should be accepted by us if they reveal a commitment to an Armenian identity. Besides, if an Armenian does not care to maintain an Armenian identity they will not be in an Armenian setting in the first place. What's more, like it or not, children of mixed marriages will eventually become a majority within the Armenian diaspora. Are you willing to write-off the entire diaspora? And don't forget that many of these mixed Armenians will become important individuals someday as well. For example, look at the Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov - father Armenian, mother Russian. Another example is New York State Congressman John Sweeney - father Irish, mother Armenian. Another example is the Lebanese President Emile Lahoud - father Lebanese, mother Armenian. The list is very big. Was it their fault that they were born in mixed marriages? Are we better than them in any way? Why turn these people away? Why make them resent us? Why not make them feel welcome amongst us? It is in our nation's benefit to do so.
    I don't know how frank I can be with you, I am going to be honest, my honest assessment. The short and cold answer, yes, I am willing to write these people off because I don't consider them (Including myself) a part of Armenia's future. My entire statement thus far has been opposed to your view because there exists a fundimental flaw in the above argument. Your placing too much on emphasis on foreign powers, foreign people, in the process you are not getting guratees in return, while taking away any empowerment in ourselves to better our position in the world. I don't see how this is a "objective" assesment?

The reality is that for every percent that assimilates a fraction come back to their roots, and when they come back they are programmed in a non Armenian manner, this is the reality, assimilation has already taken this person at its roots, there is no way to salvage them. And you can not convince this person to stay within the culture because the very idea is alien to this individual and his or her family. The reality is that most of the time the parents of these children impose a identity on them, its essentially a pickled jar they bought from a store, there is no substance inside.

Enkar Armenian, du stancez hartzheru vor ench droshak erank ga bartazhnen yev erank mesht kasen yec em Amerikai yev Russastani drosha yec ga bartazhnem, eratz atzgutuna kecvala, erank hye hoki karogha unen bytz Amerikai yev Russastani hokin eratz metzh ella. Du essentz martuhet chescharogh haskatznes tarbarachuna Hye azgi het yev otar azgi het, estagh estank tarvatzen, joger?

I am not a war hawk, but I consider the sixteen year old Armenian on the frontlines of Artsahk more important and productive to the future of the Armenian people then any Armenian and Russian politician of Armenian ancestory today. Furthermore, as much as I would like to beleive that a individual is Armenian, the fact of the matter Sergei Lavrov and John Sweeney are only half Armenian, Lavrov has loyalties to the Kremlin and Sweeney to the United States, none have a absolute loyalty to the Armenian people, furthermore, none certainly have no loyalty to the Armenian state. They are elected to serve the interests of the the respective people that elected them, they are not elected to further the cause of the Armenian peopel.

Again, going back to this idea of dilution, every diluation creates fragmentation. Yes, maybe these politicians can sway the greatest common denominator in favor of Armenia, but the reality is that we are only putting our problems on the backs of foreigners instead of solving it ourselves. You are making it seem like the entire Diaspora will grow up to be politicians, the fact of the matter for every large percent that assimilates and dilutes themselves in the melting pots of the world, only a small fraction are successful, and they are successful because of their own merits. I would be selfish of me to try and minipulate these people to serve Armenia, this is wrong, I just don't understand how minipulation and deception, no different then Zionism, can be tolerate by Armenians, but yet the idea of a hard work towards state building is ignored? More than 50% are outside the homeland, when are we going to have a solid population? Never, if this trend continues or what you are advocating is accepted and no one fights the good fight, I will be honest, the future of Armenia does not look good, this is the reality.

Furthermore, what good is all the artillary in the world if no one is willing to use it? Its no good, likewise what good is land concessoin when no one wants to resettle on these lands? Its no good, fundimentally there exists a flaw in this idea of "Diaspora", let us not use this word, its a excuse for assimilation, you are essentially putting more weight on immigration versus resettlement, more weight on foreign powers then on the Armenian people. You are essentially placing the self determination of your people in the hands of foreigners and foreign interests.

Again, this is on a macro level, I don't like to talk about the micro level. Yes, on the micro level you are right, but again, take your suggestions to the infinite power, test it, think it through in your head and you will see that my assessment is the correct assesment. I am not advocating the immidiate return, but rather lets be frank about the realities of the Armenian people, lets stop playing these games of justifying assimilation and our existence by self created reasons for our existence, we are not furthering any cause but our individual cause, I am brave enough to admit it, this is the truth.

Again, Armenain, I respect you and to a certain extent I can tolerate some half Armenians, bytz kec Sev, kec Negh ashk, yev Kec Heria yec chem toni erank gan em azgi mech, well, yec chem entuni. I understand I am minority, but I would rather fight on my feet then walk on my knees, mek atzg chka yetta mank tonenk mahr azga bazhanvi.

I think were hammering this to death, we made our points!
    Last edited by Virgil; 11-17-2007, 09:50 AM.

Comment

There are many times in the past that a part Armenian fought beside other Armenians to save the fatherland while a full Armenian ran away. If you beleive yourself to be a true Armenian and practice it, I for one accept you.

I have two half Armenian nephews who married in the Armenian Church baptised their children, and are trying to raise raising their children as Armenians. They may or may not succede, I hope they do.

Avak

Comment

Originally posted by melikianAvak View Post
        There are many times in the past that a part Armenian fought beside other Armenians to save the fatherland while a full Armenian ran away. If you beleive yourself to be a true Armenian and practice it, I for one accept you.
        What a complete pile of bullxxxx? Are you serious? Wow, apprently now Andranik was half Armenian as well? This is a figment of your imagination, your own personal golem. Stop lying, just stop, have the courage to make a decision and live with this decision. The bottomline is that you are just trying to convince yourself not me, I know my Armenian history. I love this part "while a full Armenian ran away", typical Diaspora degenerate mentality, its ok go have your half kids and call them Armenian, I will put my chips on history. And what history does tell us is that in every single Armenian community outside the geographic Armenia has assimilated, they are gone. I don't know who is the monster anymore, the 20th century Turk or the 21st century Armenian?

Originally posted by melkikianAvak
        I have two half Armenian nephews who married in the Armenian Church baptised their children, and are trying to raise raising their children as Armenians. They may or may not succede, I hope they do.
        Has it ever occured to you that your nephews are only half Armenian? They have a other half? Does this fact register? No, apprently not, it does not register, its like communicating with a wall. Please, it makes me want to puke, I don't want to continue. Your arguments I have heard them all, I don't base my arguments on any one example, I have shown why logically and historically a fractured society should not be tolerated, but by the time you understand this fundimental fact of human nature Armenians will have gone the way of the dinosaur. Keep degrating and diluting your identity, keep relying on the "spiritual Armenia" and "spiritual Armenian", I know where it will take you. In fact I will give you the benefit of the doubt and when the time comes to fight for anything Armenian please go find your Fedayis among the half and the 1% Armenians and then when they wave the American, Russian, Turkish, Iranian, and European flags in your face, that is when you will know I was right and you were wrong. Here is the tragedy, for the time it takes to debate and justify guranteed exteninction and marginalization you could rebuild your state, in one generation if the Armenian people wanted they could have a functional state, one that expands, has industries, has a future, but instead they opt to be gypsies. You know xxxxaroaches survive nuclear bombs, they are bottom feeders, they take what is given to them and apprently you want to be a xxxxaroache, just surviving, no goal, no future but to only survive. The reality is that civilizations rot from the inside, we are choosing to rot.
        Last edited by Virgil; 11-21-2007, 03:37 PM.

Comment

You, half Armenian???

I would have 'never' guessed.

What's the other half?
          The other half is Armenian. But the crazy thing is that I feel 100% Armenian.

Comment

Anyway, being 100% Armenian means nothing. Go and see how the 100% "Armenians" in Istanbul live; go and take a look at the 100% "Armenians" in Beirut; go and look at some of the 100% "Armenian" trash that walk the streets of Yerevan... At the same time, however, a great majority of Armenians from mixed marriages are lost to assimilation. Inter-ethnic marriages must not be encouraged. But regardless of what you and I do, mixed marriages will occur - it's human. And when they do occur, we must accept the children of those marriages if the children feel Armenian - in mind, body and soul. We simply do not have a choice.
            There happens to be a mildieu of them here in Glendale. It's a horrific and tragic site to see. Really.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

By the way gentlemen, let's not get emotional and personal. This is just a discussion. We expect this from the local Turkish troll, not ourselves.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
                There happens to be a mildieu of them here in Glendale. It's a horrific and tragic site to see. Really.
                I love horror and tragedy. Where can I see this?

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
                  I love horror and tragedy. Where can I see this?
                  Anywhere in Glendale really. You have choices from going to the Glendale Galleria, Brand Marketplace, or Broadway and Verdugo where Glendale High is situated.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Anywhere in Glendale really. You have choices from going to the Glendale Galleria, Brand Marketplace, or Broadway and Verdugo where Glendale High is situated.
                    Been to the Galleria and Marketplace.

Most of the interracial couples I've seen have been non-Armenian, but many Armenians have mixed ethnicity anyway. I was reading an interview with an Armenian film producer from Russia and he revealed that his mother was a Tatar, even though he considers himself to be Armenian.

If Glendale depresses you so much you should visit Brazil.

Comment

When ethnicities live next to each other without cultural, linguistic and/or religious barriers (or taboos) inter-ethnic marriages are inevitable. As a matter of fact, with the passage of time such mixing will only become normal. Thus, fighting against it is pointless, it will only serve to frustrate you and make you bitter. Want to preserve Armenian heritage? Do so in Armenia, not in Southern California. As all ethnic diasporas our diaspora is doomed. Let's hope, however, that our diaspora will survive until that day when the Armenian Republic is established enough not to need a diaspora for survival. Today's "Armenia Fund Telethon" is a perfect example of how the Armenian Diaspora, while it survives, can partake in nation building.
                      Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X