Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Half Armenians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Half Armenians

Im 75% Armenian and 25% Russian but born in Australia

Comment

I'm 50% Armenian.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkis View Post
        Just wanted to know if there were any half Armenians here. I wanted to know if you identify as Armenian or your other ethnicity and how your life is affected by it.
        I am 1/2 armenian - mother. I grew up in the 70s/80s - went to Armenian church, lived in armenian neighborhood, etc. I even remember my great grandmother who came over in early 1900s to escape the masacre.

I have to say it caused me some trouble - mainly because I considered myself Armenian but I can't remember how many times armenians who didn't know me/my family would question me about just who the hell I was .. e.g. if I was at church/picnic/whatever ... people would assume I was someone's odar friend etc.Also I was aware of certain clubs where someone 1/2 armenian wasn't that welcome.

Well that caused me some trouble especially in my teen years when you are trying to figure out who you are... but when I hit my 20s I basically just started considering myself American. period. In today's world it seems asking someone what nationality they are is a lot more personal question than it was in the past - but if someone asks I tell them without any hesitation/hang up.

I also read some other posts about armenian thugs... oh boy that I can't believe...when I grew up when someone Armenian did something criminal that was some major shame on that person and his/her family. If you described someone to me as say 19 and armenian I would say he/she is in college and is probably on the road to success..but maybe times have changed...

Comment

I am half and half, Armenian/German/Danish...I know its strange. I would say though, and so would those that know me that I am full Armenian at heart. But that is how it is with our culture, even non-armenians are taken in as if they were full blooded.

Comment

If someone does not accept you because you are not full Armenian, well thats just one of the stupidest things I have ever heard..........I mean it doesnt matter where someone is, as long as you consider yourself Armenian

Comment

Originally posted by Ouzounian View Post
              I am half and half, Armenian/German/Danish...I know its strange. I would say though, and so would those that know me that I am full Armenian at heart. But that is how it is with our culture, even non-armenians are taken in as if they were full blooded.
              You are as much Armenian as I am, and both my parents were Armenian.

Comment

I'm half as well. Oddly enough, my other half is (my Mother's side) Scottish.

There is no doubt though, that I feel that I am more Armenian than Scot. My kids as well will be taught the Armenian customs and ways.

Comment

heyy guys.. you know my mam is Russian and we look like russians partly but my dad is Armenian so i live in Armenia and i feel myself a full Armenian.. right ? but to be frank i like the idea of marginal man (i.e. when a parson has two different parents..) that cool i guess.. coz we speak both languages if different and there are so many other positive things..

I am happy who i am anyway...

p.s. u know its my first posted forum in this site.....

Comment

Originally posted by NightOwl View Post
                    For me it was 1999, my friend told me he likes this metal band called System of a Down, he told me they all have last names like yours and their armenians.

Originally posted by NightOwl View Post
                    had a friend in college from LA who invited me out there. I told him im Armenian and his jaw dropped, told me i dont look and act Armenian at all.
                    Last edited by Azad; 10-18-2007, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Half Armenians are half Armenian in great part due to the genocide.
                      My aunt zovig adopted an orphan who was dutch in origin. He speaks perfect Armenian, knows every prayer, every tradition.
                      I am half but I consider myself Armenian. The world I grew up in made that perfectly clear through its racist treatment of my family in North Carolina. Later in life a turkish student called our house threatening to kill us all if we didn't give up on demanding recognition of the genocide.

Comment

Working...
                      X