Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

armenian genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: armenian genocide

Please stick to the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by jerry View Post
      lets say that turkey accepts the armenian genocide tomorrow
      what do you think should happen next?
      what do you want to happen next?
      Back to the topic...

Listen Jerry, this is an obtuse question, especially because it comes from you - a brand new member whom we know nothing about. Moreover, answering questions like yours would be an exercise in mental masterbation since denial and lies are the foundation of the Turkish state. In short, Turkey will never come to tems with its sordid history and admit their responsability for the Genocide.

Why don't you do a little research on your own and come up with what you think would be a just "what's next" before you ask such a bold question.
      There are already precedents out there, such as Germany's reparations to the xxxs.

Get back to us Jerry. Let us know what you came up with.

Comment

well after a quick search i found out only monetray reparations
        "West Germany was to pay Israel for the slave labor and persecution of xxxs during the Holocaust, and to compensate for xxxish property that was stolen by the Nazis."
        says wikipedia

coming to my question every big nation even big companies has 20 50 even 100 years of future scenarios on different subjects so i wondered if you had any plans for that

but if you dont want any plan for the future and dont want to do "mental masterbation" you are welcome and the admins can just delete my post

or maybe i shuld just copy paste in quotes on various posts add a smiley or make a racist joke to get my number of posts high so maybe later you can take me seriously

Comment

says wikipedia

coming to my question every big nation even big companies has 20 50 even 100 years of future scenarios on different subjects so i wondered if you had any plans for that

but if you dont want any plan for the future and dont want to do "mental masterbation" you are welcome and the admins can just delete my post

or maybe i shuld just copy paste in quotes on various posts add a smiley or make a racist joke to get my number of posts high so maybe later you can take me seriously
          Jerry, the truth is, there is uncertainty about that. Let's go through the options.

(1) Reparations:

This seems the most feasible in terms of money and property stolen and lives taken. Things we can never get back. This would be the most legitimate relief that one could get for the destruction of their property and lives.

(2) Lands:

This is unworkable. History is not stagnant. As much as I hate to admit this to other Armenians, all history comes down to force and numbers. There have heretofore been only two ways in which civilizations have lost or acquired lands and empires. One, through war and seizing of property. Two, through growth by numbers. Armenians have neither, thereby cannot obtain any land. This is unworkable.

Therefore, in conclusion, the only legitimate response is reparations to the surviving members of Western Armenians who have been displaced and had their livelihoods shattered as a result of Turkish actions.

Does that clear it up for you a little bit?
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Does that clear it up for you a little bit?
            of course it does
            this kind of post is exactly what i wanted to discuss in the first place

Comment

Reparation to Armenia as well, since the vast majority of Armenian citizens had at least one or more grandparents who are either Genocide survivors or the children of Genocide survivors.
              For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
              to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
                (2) Lands:

This is unworkable. History is not stagnant. As much as I hate to admit this to other Armenians, all history comes down to force and numbers. There have heretofore been only two ways in which civilizations have lost or acquired lands and empires. One, through war and seizing of property. Two, through growth by numbers. Armenians have neither, thereby cannot obtain any land. This is unworkable.

i believe an investigation into The Treaty of Sèvres may shed greater light upon this issue. i havnt personally had the time to look into this, but i have read (through other members (hellektor)) that there is sufficiant grounds *under international law* to take legal action against Turkey. in Turkey itself this is called the "sevres syndrome" and does in fact weigh heavily in turkish foreighn policy.

having said that..
                "international law" ...

Comment

says wikipedia

There is that word they love to use so much. Guess what nationality "jerry" may be

Comment

Genocide issue is becoming less important for Armenian Government as we are improving ties with Turkey
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---
                    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by RECEP
                      IF YOU WULD OF BOUGHT SOME WINTER CLOTHES YOU WOULD OF BEEN FINE BUT NO YOU WANTED THE TURKS TO PROVIDE IT DIDNT YOU U xxxxS.

Comment

Working...
                      X