Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Wake up everybody!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And saying Turkish people know nothing about Armenian issue is a great lie. People have their own experiences. If you claim that Turkish people know nothing because of Turkish education system, that'll contradiuct what you claim too. What we are talking about is the events that have effected Turks/Kurds/Cherkez in Eastern Anatolia and Caucusia and Armenians from Izmit To Kars. While these events happened everybody had their own experience and interpretation. You learned what had happened to your ancestors from your own education system? No, your family told you what had happened. Just allow us to learn something from our own families.

Please just be a little bit humble and stop saying "I know everything about Turks and Turkey"

As far as Katliam/Massacre thing concerned the Turkish state uses that term. What Turkish and Armenian official claims differ is the number of death and wording of these events.

I personally am not into wording. I have read memoirs of survivors, I know what Turks and Kurds suffered from my own family and friends. Please allow me to have my own opinion. Again I am not into the wording and which word is used or not. Killing one innocent is to kill all humanity thats enough for me

Originally posted by Gavur
    Suckers are everywhere just like us
    there are number of them that agree to a Katliam (Massacres) on a large scale some wont do it publicly for obvious reasons
    They don't want their names taken down by the Turkish consulate and otherse...

Comment

Turq--Please just be a little bit humble and stop saying "I know everything about Turks and Turkey"

I know all i need to know

Turq--I personally am not into wording. I have read memoirs of survivors, I know what Turks and Kurds suffered from my own family and friends. Please allow me to have my own opinion. Again I am not into the wording and which word is used or not. Killing one innocent is to kill all humanity thats enough for me

Tell that to your goverment !
      They wont let you talk about this stuff (whether its Turk,Kurt or armenian massacres)
      all we can do is put pressure from outside its up to you to demand freedom of speech and thinking in Turkey.
      "All truth passes through three stages:
      First, it is ridiculed;
      Second, it is violently opposed; and
      Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

And you know I always encouraged Turks to talk about atrocities their grandparents suffered .This is one place you can ,cyberworld
        unlike Turkey.
        First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Originally posted by TurkishG
          But first the Armenians need to withdraw from Nagorno-Karabagh and the surrounding areas. Armenia must also allow the 800,000 Azeri's (Now grown to roughly 1,000,000) back into Armenia and Nagorno-Karabagh.

PS. No one can force Turkey to do anything like recognision of genocide. Its not as if Turkeys going to be sanctioned or isolated. Only an dillusional Armenian would even think like that.
          Einstein, the total number of Azeris refugees can hardly exceed 750 thousands. Second of all, most of them wre not from Nagorno Karabakh or Armenia, but the area serounding Nagorno Karabakh, which Armenia already repeated various times will be given back, if Karabakh is left alone. Also, this war also left 350 thousand Armenians refugee, which per population, equal or is over the ratio refugees.

BTW, when will the Turkish forces leave Chyprus? Double standard? When will the Greek refugees allowed back?

Comment

The figure of casulties has always been the same.

I think I can answer for him.

We sit here our whole lifetime arguing about who killed who or whether the events be described as Genocide or not? Or even about the details of the events?

But where does that get us? No where the Armenians are uncompromising on their 'stories' even though the estimates of the dead can have risen over the 90 years. Let me guess in 20 years time the Armenians are going to claim "3,000,000" Armenians were killed in 1915. Then raise the numbers of the dead from the Adana incidents back in 1909 to 1,000,000 then raise the death toll of the Hamidan massacres to 2,000,000. Oh what a coinsidence that is equal to the number of Jews that perished under Hitler.

The Turks in the Diaspora are getting fed up of the Armenians in Diaspora. Just count yourselves lucky most of you dont live in New Turkey, oops I mean Europe, I meant Europe. Its just a shame that there aren't many Turks on your half of the world.

Comment

Then raise the numbers of the dead from the Adana incidents back in 1909 to 1,000,000 then raise the death toll of the Hamidan massacres to 2,000,000. Oh what a coinsidence that is equal to the number of Jews that perished under Hitler.
              Incorrect. 6,000,000 Jews perished as a result of the holocaust. 11,000,000 total perished as a result of the holocaust.

Comment

Gavur

Turkey is changing, it is not exactly the same country that was 10 years ago. This change is both in good and bad directions. Everytime I go to my country I see drastic changes. Freedom of speech is one of them. You have to admit that what you know about Turkey is obsolete. The main problem for my country is the education system. Unfortunetly it deprives us to have the critical thinking and creativity, it is not the freedom of speech or else. This is the *black side of our kettle*.e Most of the diasporan Armenians live in western countries, where freedom of speech is encouraged. DO you think Armenians utlized this to critize their own community and history? This freedom of speech gave them a free mind? Me and my friends had contacted diasporan Armenians several times. I have to admit I had met suprisingly interesting Armenians they are mosly are not political oriented. But I also have seen the other types. I have seen how they can get too narrow minded. Speaking or having a Turkish friend is sin for those, betrayal to their ancestors/history. These people are living in countries that have freedom of speech. Gavur I know, you can find *rational* reasons for their behavours. Anyways I leave it to you to you to see your kettle's black side.
                You have lots of pre-assumptions about Turks and Turkey. This is why I say be humble about what you know regarding Turkish society today. You are a religous christian, you know very well about importance of humbleness.

Originally posted by Gavur
                Turq--Please just be a little bit humble and stop saying "I know everything about Turks and Turkey"

I know all i need to know

Turq--I personally am not into wording. I have read memoirs of survivors, I know what Turks and Kurds suffered from my own family and friends. Please allow me to have my own opinion. Again I am not into the wording and which word is used or not. Killing one innocent is to kill all humanity thats enough for me

Tell that to your goverment !
                They wont let you talk about this stuff (whether its Turk,Kurt or armenian massacres)
                all we can do is put pressure from outside its up to you to demand freedom of speech and thinking in Turkey.

Comment

You ask a valid question
                  It's very healthy for any community to deal with the "Blackness of their Kettle"
                  I understand your line of reasoning,But
                  What does this have to do with The Massacres of the Armenian community in Turkey?

You my friends don't need a peacemaker
                  I think you need a lawyer
                  the way your always turning the questions around and trying to make us wear your clothes.
                  God help you.
                  First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

His answer not yours

I think I can answer for him.
                    If I wanted your answer, I would've asked you that question.

I'm still waiting for "Neutral Turk" to answer....

One word.... YES or NO !

Comment

But where does that get us? No where the Armenians are uncompromising on their 'stories' even though the estimates of the dead can have risen over the 90 years. Let me guess in 20 years time the Armenians are going to claim "3,000,000" Armenians were killed in 1915. Then raise the numbers of the dead from the Adana incidents back in 1909 to 1,000,000 then raise the death toll of the Hamidan massacres to 2,000,000. Oh what a coinsidence that is equal to the number of Jews that perished under Hitler.

The numbers NEVER been changed .... It seems that you have some "projection complex" , you think that we'll do what you are doing all these years.... Maybe your guys have been telling you different numbers, increasing the Muslim casualties, and decreasing the Armenians populations and casualties, not knowing that by doing this they are creating a huge contradiction to their OWN thesis...

The Turks in the Diaspora
                      No Comment

Just count yourselves lucky most of you dont live in New Turkey, oops I mean Europe, I meant Europe.
                      We do, we thank God that we don't live under the rule of Genocidal Turkey ANYMORE.

And it seems that you have no idea about the distribution of the Armenian Diaspora, there Are MORE Armeians in this side of the world (Europ, Asia), than in the Other side of the world (America)

Comment

Working...
                      X