Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Definition of the term "Genocide"... for all the deniers out there, lets discuss!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ramilseferov
    I HATE ARABIC AND IRANIAN PEOPLE
    sad - and you might wonder why some Armenians hate you and your people...anyway It is highly irrational and indicative of your immaturity hating entire ethnic groups of people for something that happened in the past - particualrly something so removed from any reality for you (not like it was your families who were killed - just people who desired to be free of the oppresive Ottoman yoke - so who really could blame them...)...anyway a typical display of feelings of Turkish inferiority turned to aggression...

Comment

I HATE ARABIC AND IRANIAN PEOPLE
      Then you'll hate them more after this, have you ever heard of an Arab phelosopher/Historian Al Manfaluti lived in the 19th Century?!
      He said " The THREE Plagues of the 19th centurey are: Turks, Lice and locust" and this is a very well known saying among Arabs

...for our religion to say somebody is not moslem is not suitable but they say "Turks are not moslem" because of this they have to suffer
      You should be Thankful to Arabs, after all it's THEY who invented your religion, Muhamed was Arab in case you didn't know, or you thought he was a Turk too ?!

You want to punish them huh ? Classic. It's the only way Turks know to solve their problems.

Comment

Everyone - lets stay on topic.

So that's it?
        Any other Turkish member wants to participate in this thread?

Comment

I have had my say, Ramil did and doing, Kemal also did. There is noone left now is there?

Comment

Originally posted by elendil
            I have had my say,
            Honestly, I didn't understand your say. You never replied to my last post. So the happening contradicts the meaning of the word genocide in what way again?

Kemal also did.
            Kemal never posted in this thread.

Comment

oops you are right. Indeed I did not..I forgot, to be honest that it was left there

Ok, perhaps someone else used the word backstabbing. So you're saying they rebelled for independence. I explained to you why Armenians wanted independence, after hundreds of thousands of them were massacred by Sultan's regime. You didn't say anything about it.
              First of all I would ask for the link. I know there were killings, clashes before the war but I did not know that the casualities were so high. I dont have much of information about events of the Sultan Abdülhamid thus I will make no comment about it...

Why didn't the Ottomans deport the Arabs (just like they did to Armenians) before they united with the English forces to defeat the Ottomans? Perhaps because they were Muslims. Don't you think so?
              I do not think anyone seriously considered that Arab nation would betray us, selling a muslim race to a christian race even though there were clashes between ottoman army and some Arabic groups...But they did now did not they? Anyways that is why they were not deported I think...

And that's exactly why I'm saying what happened to the Armenians was genocide. Genocide: acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group. If Armenians were Muslims and not Christians, they would've never gone through what they did.
              Would they not? I dont think so. A minority is a minority regardless of religion..

Oh please, you think deporting over one million people to the desert with no food, water, or shelter is a rational way to deal with some rebels? They wanted to get rid of them permanently, no doubt. We would be fooling ourselves if we said they thought otherwise or blame the death of all those innocent people on some rebels here and there.
              If you leave the ethics to a side, yes it was a rational, effective course of action to stop any gang attack. Surely there are others to blame who are not
              from Armenian gangs still I dont see the happenings as a genocide...

Apologies for the delay.....

Comment

First of all I would ask for the link.

Encyclopedia Enteries.
                From the Encyclopedia of Genocide, Israel W. Charny, editor-in-chief, Santa Barbara, California: ABC-CLIO, 1999

Hamidian Massacres 1894-1896
                The Armenian Massacres carried out during the reign of Abdul Hamid (Abdulhamit) II in 1894-1896 were the first near-genocidal series of atrocities committed against the Armenian population of the Ottoman Empire.

Adana Massacre 1909
                The Adana Massacre of 1909 was the second series of large-scale massacres of Armenians to break out in the Ottoman Empire.

Armenian Genocide 1915-1923

------

Hamidian massacres Another Encyclopedia Source

I do not think anyone seriously considered that Arab nation would betray us, selling a muslim race to a christian race even though there were clashes between ottoman army and some Arabic groups...But they did now did not they? Anyways that is why they were not deported I think...
                Arabs were not deported, although they were under Ottoman opression too, because of several reasons, to name few ;
                (1) Arabs didn't live in a "Land" that forms an obstacle in the way of the "Pan-Turkc Empire" Dream.
                (2) Arabs and Kurds, were muslims, with what excuse they will convince the soldiers to kill these people if they can't call them "Gavur" , althoug Arabs got the name "Khaen" = Traitor.
                (3) Arabs, were not a minority my friend, Arab population was much more than the only 6 million Turks that lived in the Empire ....
                (4) Arabs & Kurds were strong tribes, in spite of that they got their share of opression and prosecution.

If you leave the ethics to a side, yes it was a rational, effective course of action to stop any gang attack. Surely there are others to blame who are not from Armenian gangs still I dont see the happenings as a genocide...

You call the exile of an ENTIRE POPULATION of an ethnic group , an action to stop gang attacks ??!!!

Which "Gang" would the few months old babies will join ?!
                Which "Gang" would the 6 years old children will join ?!
                Which "Gang" would the 17 years old Brides will join ?!
                Which "Gang" would the Pregnant women will join ?!
                Which "Gang" would the 60 years old women will join ?!
                Which "Gang" would the 70 years old men will join ?!
                Which "Gang" would the ill, paralysed, blind, handicpas will join ?!
                And others, and others ......

You need to answer all that, before you think of making excuses to deport this ENTIRE population, and send them to desert, To Die ....

Do you think that you can justify the Genocide ?! I don't think so

Comment

Massacres of 1894-1897:

Comment

The massacres of 1890s are also mentioned in:

Comment

[QUOTE=maral_m79]

Then you'll hate them more after this, have you ever heard of an Arab phelosopher/Historian Al Manfaluti lived in the 19th Century?!
                      He said " The THREE Plagues of the 19th centurey are: Turks, Lice and locust" and this is a very well known saying among Arabs QUOTE]

The real plague is cotroversial Maral.

So, I must say Arabic-Islamic culture have caused poverty and mass of uneducated people to which state it has entered. It has prohibited the Arts, Phylosophy and Sciences you know. Look at all Muslim countries are with full of poor and old-fashioned people. And insulting words of Mohammed about Turks is an historical reality. This is not secret, if you want to believe, see this book; ‘’Arab Nationalism and Turks by Prof. Dr. Ilhan Arsel.’’(but I think available in Turkish only).

So, Ataturk and Turkish Republic means ‘’fighting against this reactionary culture.’’ But there are still admirer of this culture in Turkey like Erdogan.

The official aim of Arab-Islamic culture is to make all people islamized with ‘’cihad.’’ That is, killing the people for Islamizing isn’t a sin. But even if they accept the Islam they will not be real Muslims. Only Arabs can be real belivers of it according to them.

If they had a opportunity, they would have got the Armenians Islamized too undoubtedly. At least, Ottomans didn’t try this.

Comment

Working...
                      X