Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Definition of the term "Genocide"... for all the deniers out there, lets discuss!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elendil
    Maral, Russia retreated from Turkish lands that was when Armenians were left alone by their allies. That is why we could deport them....

Since state policies and military tactics are based on pragmatic standart of thinking....

Capability? I think I explained the short term strategy view of the issue and the long termed one. A child will always hate the killer of his father regardless of the past.So 5 years later you will find strong resistance pockets in the areas you rule over....
    So in few words, you are saying that ..."It was a genocide, but we needed to do it !!"

But my friend, no one CAN "Justify" Genocide...
    You killed deported EVEN children so they won't come and take revenge later ?! Is this a SANE mentality of people who were ruling an Empire of 30 million human being ?!

If they didn't commit a CRIME in the first place, they wouldn't be concerned about Revenge ?!

And yes child will always HATE the killer of his father, but if his father was "Traitor" or "Criminal" as you said (which wasn't the case by the way), that child wouldn't DARE to look people in the eye, and would've been overwhilemed by SHAME, he would NEVER think of resisting anything, and he would only want and hope that people forget about what had happened. Do you have any idea about psychology ? if you do, you'll understand what I'm talking about my firend.

For the LAST time, I kindly ask you, DO NOT TRY TO JUSTIFY GENOCIDE.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyt
      Hey Hey my nickname is crazy T I'm tryin to be a good MC.

This is first post to boast it sounds like you'll got Turks to roast.

I am of Turkish descent I recognise that perhaps a million Armenians were killed back in the day so please dont bite my head off. I'm actually a friend a neutral (haha he is a Turk don't listen to him if he tells you otherwise)

Anyways I would like to know from Armenians if the dreaded day came and Turkey finally bit the bullet and admitted Genocide how would Armenia go about claim land off Turkey?

Likewise how would Armenia claim any money off Turkey?

First of all, welcome abord.
      second, we are didn't got Turks to roast, it's just that they keep insulting, without any knowlege of the subject, and we were only telling them where did they make a mistake, and try to make them understand that.

Turkey will eventually admit the Armeian Genocide, yes. How we will Armenians claim the rest of their rights , that's a "legal" issue, which will come in the next step.

But let me tell one thing my friend, as an Armenian, If we have to wiat for another 100 years, we will still claim all our rights Fair and Square. As long as there are someone call himself Armenian on the Face of The Earth, we will not have rest untill we get ALL our rights back.

You think I'm fanatic right ? Let me remind you that Jews have their Land back after 2,000 years, as for us, I don't think that it will take that long, but that day will come, this is for sure.

Turkey is strong today, Yes, no one can disagree, but no one knows where Turkey will be after 10, 20, 50 years. From looking at history one can conclude that "There is no alliance that last forever, today's friends can be tomorrow's enemies"

Comment

Anyways I would like to know from Armenians if the dreaded day came and Turkey finally bit the bullet and admitted Genocide how would Armenia go about claim land off Turkey?
        We live in turbulent times. What was once Armenia and is now Turkey may soon become Kurdistan, and God knows what after that. So, it's simply impossible to predict who we will want to take claim from, or if we will take claim at all. Know that, however, the Genocide issue goes beyond land. One example is the slew of lawsuits against insurance companies for reimbursement on terms of deaths incurred during the Armenian Genocide.

Comment

Originally posted by Tongue
          Have you heard about the 5% policy during the deportations? This was new to me too. Taner Akcam spoke about it at the UCLA genocide conference on Sunday. In order to assimilate the Armenians, they repopulated the Armenian villages with Muslim Turkish, Kurdish, Arab, etc. population however allowed only 5% of the village to remain Armenian. No more than 5%. They calculated that these remaining 5% will be assimilated in a decade if they live in an all Muslim neighborhood.

So it's not like they didn't try.
          I believe in Akcam. But in order to assimilate a nation it requires more than a decade. Look at the all history of Ottomans, you won't see an official assimilition politics throughout 600 years. If they tried it, this would be during the control of Young Turks. So, it must be just an attempt after 600 years.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmos
            I believe in Akcam. But in order to assimilate a nation it requires more than a decade. Look at the all history of Ottomans, you won't see an official assimilition politics throughout 600 years. If they tried it, this would be during the control of Young Turks. So, it must be just an attempt after 600 years.
            Armenians had been assimilated for centuries ... Allow me to quote Kh I PILIKIAN , from his "Reflections on the Armenian Experience", which was published in "A Century of Genocide". He said:

"At this point I think it's worth to visualise a statistical bird's eye view of Armenia, land and people before and after Genocide - B.G and A.G.

If we take the whole land area of the world to be 5 thousand units, Historical Armenia for many thousands of years covered 10 units, as the Encyclopaedia of Islam estimates the total area of Historical Armenia, the Arminiyya, covered ca. 300,000 square kilometres. The ratio then was 500 to 1.

Today the Republic of Armenia counts one unit of the Historical Homeland of 10. The remaining 9 units were violently usurped, often with genocidal acts. The above mentioned ratio has become 5000 to 1.

Geographers and demographers confirm that the entire world 2000 years ago counted ca.150 million inhabitants, while Armenians in their own homeland were ca. 5 millions. Hence the ratio was 30 to 1. In the 11th century, while in Britain there were 2 million people, in Armenia proper there were 6 million. At the beginning of the 19th century the world population counted 900 million while the Armenians were nearly halved during the preceding eight centuries. Hence the ratio had become 300 to 1. Today that ratio has fallen to 1000 to 1.

During two thousand years the world population has increased at least 40 times, despite wars, massacres and natural calamities, while there is practically no increase in the number of the Armenian inhabitants world-wide, including the population of the Republic of Armenia, the Diaspora at large and the ca 200,000 or so left in the Republic of Turkey (out of the 2.5 million Armenian inhabitants in Asia Minor before the 1915 Genocide).

We should bear in mind also the following; during one single Seljuk-Turk raid of A.D 1170, the much treasured Balapert library in Western Armenia containing over ten thousand manuscripts was completely destroyed with all its contents.

Today in the main Library of Ancient Books, Matenadaran, in Yerevan, the capital of Armenia, there are ca. only eleven thousand complete manuscripts. Surely the scale of the cultural pillage and the destruction of the Armenian Heritage is incalculable....

When serving as Editor in Chief of Documents on British Foreign Policy, Prof. W. N. Medlicott, Stevenson Professor of International History, University of London, tried to assess the enormity of the Armenian cultural loss and he paid a valiant tribute to the Armenian spirit of survival. On 14 September 1974, Prof. Medlicott wrote the following:

Hardly less tragic than the actual destruction of life has been the
            disruption of an age-long cultural and religious heritage and the loss of
            an ancestral home tenaciously defended for over 2000 years. It is well
            that these events should be recorded and that we should pay a tribute
            to the courage of the survivors of the massacres and their descendants,
            scattered though they now are throughout the world.

What then, and what kind of a world are we living in? "

End Quote.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmos
              I'm so sorry!! My bad... I meant to write century not decade. Don't know why I wrote decade. He never said decade. I believe he said a century or two or something like that.

Comment

Working...
              X