Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Chief Rabbi of Israel Recognizes the Armenian Genocide

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1.5 million
    So your view is "lets leave it to the politicians"? er...I thought it was supposed to be "leave it to the historians"? Oh - but they have all pretty much come out against your ficticious position now haven't they? As have most religious authorities (including Muslim I might add...) Maybe we should conduct a poll among Baboons in zoos - perhaps they will reject this terrible Armenian propoganda...
    You took the words right out of my mouth, except that you put it in a much funnier way . When the historians speak, the denialists scream that political views are more important; when the politicians vote to recognize the Genocide as they have in much of Europe, America and Canada, then they scream that the historians are the only valid speakers; when the Religeous leaders speak, then the denialists turn back to the politicians again. When are they going to learn that there is no where to run and hide from the truth?

Comment

Turks
      You can run (from the truth)
      But you can not hide!

Cassius Clay
      "All truth passes through three stages:
      First, it is ridiculed;
      Second, it is violently opposed; and
      Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Originally posted by specialforces
        yes especially Gavur know Turkish very well Turkish is on the way of being global language... Already one day everybody will speak Turkish.and now 300 million people know and talk
        Yes your not suppost to spread the word that the Turks are going to slowly take over Iran to unite with Central Asia.
        [left][b]“The creation of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic in the Northern Azerbaijan on some of Azerbaijani lands in 1918-1921, and its restoration…in 1991,[/b] [color=red][b]does not mean that the Azerbaijan national liberation movement is over[/b]…[/color] [b]The new stage will end with the creation and or restoration of a [color=red]united Azerbaijani statehood[/color]. … Already [in Iran] there are active organizations, whose sole purpose is the state independence of the Azeri Turks.”[/b][/left]

[left][b][size=1][font=Tahoma]Abulfazl Elchibey(Ex-President of Azerbaijan)[/font][/b][/size][/left]

Comment

Originally posted by kemal1915
          chief rabbi s commend doesnt go forward from personel thinking.i dont think it will be lawful.politic views are more important then religious..
          Perhaps not, but you cannot deny that it is a big step for Israel to take against Turkey - this Rabbi represents the Jewish Faith of Israel, in other words, he has more than a few constituents, don't you think?

I am interested, how does this event make Turks feel? Please tell us how it makes you feel towards Israel?

Comment

Haha yeah the world is going to be Turkish! Good luck with that...

I wonder what your Jewish friends think about their entire nation being subjected to forced Turkification... you Turks'll show them what happens when they allow their religious figures to recognize the Genocide of the Armenian "infidels".

What do you think about yourselves when you tell Armenians that their dreams to have ONLY their HISTORIC HOMELAND back after it was illegally taken from them are just living a big FANTASY, and yet Turks who say they are going to take over the world aren't DREAMING? Sounds pretty retarded doesn't it?

2 words for yah: "Keep Dreaming"

Comment

Originally posted by phantom
              You took the words right out of my mouth, except that you put it in a much funnier way . When the historians speak, the denialists scream that political views are more important; when the politicians vote to recognize the Genocide as they have in much of Europe, America and Canada, then they scream that the historians are the only valid speakers; when the Religeous leaders speak, then the denialists turn back to the politicians again. When are they going to learn that there is no where to run and hide from the truth?
              Yes but I understand that Turks have been lining up all species of creatures on the Earth (who posses no means of speech) to be able to claim that not one of these has ever acknowledged the Armenian Genocide - so it certainly could never have happened...next I think they will interview dead people...no not a single confirmation - you see! And I think the fact that (American) Armenians slice and dice Turkey's every Thanksgiving is being used in the latest campaign to proove Armenian ill intentions toward Turkey ("you cannot deny this one!")

And of course - having at least one Armenian on record of proclaiming a desire for independence (I think one attempted to incorporate Sivas...) or harming a Turk in some way (that Armenian didn't move out of my oxcart's way fast enough causing me to fall in my seat...etc) becomes an immediate justification for apprpriate "Turkish Countermeasures" - yes Armenians started it....we rebeled (ie refused to convert...), fought for independence ("no - I'd rather you didn't kill me...), killed Turks (yeah...thats the ticket...), stabbed Turks in the back (always do...), cavorted with the enemy (Is that Vodka you're drinking!) - etc - well at least one of them (Armenians) did at one point or another... - so of course the Turks were forced to take action - absolutly the last thing on their mind...they really didn't want to do it...after all they had done for Armenians over the years it should have been obvious how much they cared...but they had no choice really...I mean Turkish honor was at stake...

Happy Turkey Day everyone (you don't think they really will use it against us do you?)

Comment

Originally posted by Hovik
                Perhaps not, but you cannot deny that it is a big step for Israel to take against Turkey - this Rabbi represents the Jewish Faith of Israel, in other words, he has more than a few constituents, don't you think?

I am interested, how does this event make Turks feel? Please tell us how it makes you feel towards Israel?
                I think they should get out of Israel the home of the Palestinians. Oh yeah and another thing isn't Judaism all about the Jewish race being the chosen ones and everyone else who isn't Jewish by race goes to hell? That sounds a bit racist to me.

The Israeli government is really friendly with the Turkish government as long as that status quo is maintain I couldn't be anymore happier.

Haha yeah the world is going to be Turkish!
                Not the whole world! Mainly Western and Northern Iran but thats in many years to come. I only hope to see the day(maybe when Turkey gets rejected from Europe the process will get speeded up)
                [left][b]“The creation of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic in the Northern Azerbaijan on some of Azerbaijani lands in 1918-1921, and its restoration…in 1991,[/b] [color=red][b]does not mean that the Azerbaijan national liberation movement is over[/b]…[/color] [b]The new stage will end with the creation and or restoration of a [color=red]united Azerbaijani statehood[/color]. … Already [in Iran] there are active organizations, whose sole purpose is the state independence of the Azeri Turks.”[/b][/left]

[left][b][size=1][font=Tahoma]Abulfazl Elchibey(Ex-President of Azerbaijan)[/font][/b][/size][/left]

Comment

Yona Metzger: There Is No Other Nation That Would Understand The Pain Of The Armenian

YONA METZGER: THERE IS NO OTHER NATION THAT WOULD UNDERSTAND THE PAIN OF THE ARMENIANS BETTER THAN JEWS

Delegation of Chief Rabbi of Israel Lays Wreath to the Memorial of Armenian Genocide

After a visit to the Memorial of Armenian Genocide and Genocide Museum on November 22, Yona Metzger, Chief Rabbi of Israel, wrote in the guest book: "I express my spiritual and religious reconciliation with the tragedy of the Armenian people, with numerous Armenians who were killed because of being Armenian. Let the souls of the perished help the Armenians of Armenia and Diaspora."

His Holiness, Armenian Catholicos Karekin II and the Chief Rabbi of Israel laid wreaths November 22 to the Genocide Victims Memorial, planted a tree and prayed for the memory of the victims. Also wreaths were laid on behalf of the Israeli parliament and the All-Ukrainian Jewish Congress. "As leaders of religious communities we have to remind our peoples of the horrific killings, remind and keep that memory." Rabbi Metzger also told journalists that one should not pay attention to statements that pursue political goals. Contrary to the Israel's official stance, Metzger calls things by their names, acknowledges the Armenian Genocide and mourns the perished together with the Armenian people.

Asked whether the Chief Rabbi calls the tragedy of 1915 genocide Metzger said: "I certainly use that term. The pictures and documents that we saw speak for themselves and tears that came to our throats while walking about the museum were not false. Perhaps nobody can feel [this tragedy] more profoundly than the Jewish people."

Asked whether it is possible that the Israeli state will recognize the Armenian Genocide, Metzger said religious and state authorities are separated in his country and religious authorities do not intervene in state affairs but "we have our ways of expressing our feelings and views."

Yuri Stern, a Knesset delegate and chairman of the Armenian-Israeli Parliamentary Group, said that Israel "has wonderful relations with Turkey and Azerbaijan; Turkey is an important ally of ours." "I think it gives nobody the right to shift the past. I am one of those Jews who think that we have no right to deny tragic historic facts of a nation depending on political situation. I told this to my colleges from both your neighboring states. We value our cooperation with them and hopefully it will continue. The Armenian tragedy has nothing to do with contemporary politics," he said reminding that the first truthful book on Armenian tragedy was written by German Jew Franz Werfel.

Quoting Hitler's infamous words that succeeded the Holocaust, Stern expressed hope that Turkey will recognize the Genocide in foreseeable future as the European structures more and more raise the issue as a prerequisite for Turkey's accession to EU.

The visit of the Israeli delegation was organized by direct support of Ara Abrahamian, chairman of the World Armenian Congress. "This visit is of great historic importance. This is the first time that the Chief Rabbi of Israel visits Armenia; and today these people are talking about the fact of the Genocide. This is the beginning; hopefully members of the Israeli parliament, political and cultural figures will also visit Armenia," Ara Abrahamian told daily Azg.

Gersh Burstein, Chief Rabbi of Armenia's Jewish community, told Azg that the Armenian Catholicos and the Chief Rabbi of Israel had meetings in the past but this was the first time they met in Armenia. "Religious leaders should undertake solving of issues that are often too hard for the politicians to solve. I also was deeply touched when the Chief Rabbi expressed willingness to visit Genocide Memorial. The words of the Rabbi will stand against time. I am glad to be here at this historic moment that will bring our nations closer."

By Tatoul Hakobian

Լրահոս edit post Կապիտալիզմ և ՀՀ թոշակառուներ 02/05/2024 edit post Սեպտեմբերյան ագրեսիայի ժամանակ Արցախում եղել են խոշտանգումների, մարմինների անդամախե

Yes...!!!! The pants is down now

Comment

Originally posted by UKTurk
                    Not the whole world! Mainly Western and Northern Iran but thats in many years to come. I only hope to see the day(maybe when Turkey gets rejected from Europe the process will get speeded up)
                    I assume then that your plan would be to give the Kurds back their land in Southeastern Turkey and Northern Iraq; fair is fair, right?

Comment

Only time well tell if this is just another game of "good cop, bad cop." I would tend not to get too prematurely excited.

Comment

Working...
                      X