Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Religion Discussion (seperated from Turkish Defense)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religion Discussion (seperated from Turkish Defense)

you racist against Islam Reincarnated Am?

Arabic is a Language, Persian is a sweetmeat, Turkish is an Art. (Old Persian proverb)

Originally posted by Turanist
    you racist against Islam Reincarnated Am?
    For your information, Islam is not a race, it’s a religion, and one cannot be a racist towards a religion. I am only against and hate stupid fundamentalists and idiot fanatics such as your friend who puts down Christianity; thinking just because he is an Islam only Muslims can enter heaven.
    I think you people when you read something instead of blood your “Bokh” rushes to your brains, that’s why you translate them differently, or you guys just don’t get them.

Comment

religion....bahh...keep it away...

All religion is a curse. It is the willing acceptance of ignorance.

Sorry if this offends anyone - but I see this - based on all evidence - as being the obvious conclusion.

It is more about disbelieving then believing. Disbelieving anything but what you (think you) know and accept to be true (what you have contrived as your world view - end of story - even knowing that humans cannot possibly know or have the perspective/ability to truly know) - at the expense of all other possible knowledge and perspective.

Such a closed and (self) limiting perspective. Sad for humans to define themselves in such narrow xenophobic and unappreciative (of the boundless glory of untamed existance) terms (And of course the resulting disrespect of others and of other ways of thinking/knowing...). And even more sad to dehumanize and kill others based on these rather dubious criteria...that you know better and that in knowing so it makes you superior and gives you the right to take the lives of others....)

Comment

Originally posted by 1.5 million
        All religion is a curse. It is the willing acceptance of ignorance.

Sorry if this offends anyone - but I see this - based on all evidence - as being the obvious conclusion.

It is more about disbelieving then believing. Disbelieving anything but what you (think you) know and accept to be true (what you have contrived as your world view - end of story - even knowing that humans cannot possibly know or have the perspective/ability to truly know) - at the expense of all other possible knowledge and perspective.

Such a closed and (self) limiting perspective. Sad for humans to define themselves in such narrow xenophobic and unappreciative (of the boundless glory of untamed existance) terms (And of course the resulting disrespect of others and of other ways of thinking/knowing...). And even more sad to dehumanize and kill others based on these rather dubious criteria...that you know better and that in knowing so it makes you superior and gives you the right to take the lives of others....)
        By believing what you stated, you are believing in something
        Evil always used symbols of goodness to spread itself to dominate the world which it runs.
        True religion is belief in love and goodness that is not of this world,thats greater than us, mere mortals.

It is not religion if it's legislated,forced or imposed upon someone.
        "All truth passes through three stages:
        First, it is ridiculed;
        Second, it is violently opposed; and
        Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Originally posted by Gavur
          By believing what you stated, you are believing in something
          I believe that if I brush my teeth 3 times a day I shall live forever - proove me wrong....(somehow though I can only seem to get it done twice a day...blimey that!)

You cannot claim that I "believe" in something - specifically - just because I deny that what others claim to be true has in fact any validity - you have no clue as to whatmy "beliefs" are - i have not stated them - other then I am highly skeptical that any belief system devised by man to explain reality has any chance in ____ (whatever... ) of being remotely close to being correct - and in the meantime we seem to hold a lot of faith (I am using this as a bad word in this context) that we really know what is true and waht is not and we use this hypothetical/contrived worldview to make some very serious judgement calls concerning other people....(not a good thing - never is - look at the history...evidence only supports my claim...)

Evil always used symbols of goodness to spread itself to dominate the world which it runs.
          I have never met "Dr Evil" in the flesh and I seriously doubt that such a being? exists who is runnig the world or such (a very silly notion) - any personification of such a thing is to me ludicrous. Do you know what I think "evil" is - selfihness (at least where it comes to making decisions for ones own good that deprive others) - this is evil

True religion is belief in love and goodness that is not of this world,thats greater than us, mere mortals.
          love and goodness are a result of honesty (true honesty to oneself and others) and action (acting on it). To preach love but not to really believe it or to act in accordance to such priciples is IMO - evil....and to require such a thing to be external to oneself for it to be true is...a cop out...matter is mortal...energy is....unknown....

It is not religion if it's legislated,forced or imposed upon someone.
          I don't understand this point except that I believe that if we cannot be skeptical and open - but instead must feel obliged to accept someone elses definitions...well we are just admitting that we know nothing but are accepting answers provided us...(contrived and by definition untrue...but OK if you are comfortable with or require a fiction in order to feel good about yourself and to alleviate yourself of the need to think for yourself [or just admit that some things cannot/will never be knowable...etc] and stand up for yourself OK - that is your deficiency...) instead of just accepting that we know nothing (or only a very tiny slice - but that this is OK - it should be enough - one would hope - to make the right decisions for oneselves and for [the benefit of] others...) - and that we are all responsible - we are - after all adults...and not children....who need to be told...

Thats how I see it anyway...

Comment

To each his own but..
            But anti Faith/Belief IS a belief in itself.

So your belief does not but my belief makes me deficient? ...lol

What ever your belief is just dont stop searching.
            First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

To each his own but..
              But anti Faith/Belief IS a belief in itself.

So your belief does not but my belief makes me deficient? ...lol

What ever your belief is just dont stop searching.
              Anti religeous belief is not a (religeous) "belief" per se - as you cannot define it. Do all those who reject religion believe the same? Do they follow common ritual, have special days of observance, deify objects and so on and so forth? No - the only thing they have in common is to reject some solution proposed by someone else. As those who believe in one particualr religion likewise reject all others we do not say that they are common believers in the anti-Hinduism religion for instance - just becaue a group of people think that Hinduism isn't where it is at...however my contention is that any who accept supernatural explanations by definition are doing such without knowledge but only through acceptance (faith) and while I can have "faith" in the obvious - such as if I step into an elevator shaft and the elevator isn't there I will very likely fall...but when I must employ "faith" to explain things that are beyond my ability to experience or to reason based on experience (or to scientifcally derive through principles of observation, calculation, expirimentation and subject to falsification etc) - well then I think that this is an admission that one is really willing to just accept something because they have been told or led to believe it is true - and for phenomonon that are clearly beyond anyone's experience or clear ability to know (such as how the universe was created and the existance of spirits or what have you) - well I think it is more polite (correct) to just admit that one cannot know these things but perhaps we can at best speculate (and use the powers of science to tell us at least something useful that we can all more or less agree on...). ANd if the guy next to you speculates differently - well it should be no big deal - I mean what does it really matter anyway? What is more important is how you show respect and kindness and such to others you come accross in your life...don't be a burden....or worse...and give it your best shot....

Comment

I think we disagree on what definition of Religion is
                To me it means way of life
                and I feel having convictions based on our conscious being requires a certain amount of faith also
                I like to base my faith on my consience thats probably our difference
                and BTW were all deficient in some ways.
                First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

I respect everyone’s religion or believes, as long as they don’t force it on others and they respect other’s religion or believes and don’t think anyone is more superior or have better chances to enter heaven, if someone thinks God will discriminate people because of their religion, that’s a stupid thinking God created all men kind alike and same, you do good you go to a good place (which I choose to call it heaven) you do bad you stay in the circle (which I choose to call it Hell) you can call it whatever you like. I am a Christian because I choose to be a Christian; you can be whatever you want to be, that should be everyone’s free choice.

Comment

I think we disagree on what definition of Religion is
                    To me it means way of life
                    and I feel having convictions based on our conscious being requires a certain amount of faith also
                    I like to base my faith on my consience thats probably our difference
                    and BTW were all deficient in some ways.
                    yes we aparently have different definitions (because I am certainly not religious [nor could I be said in any way to possess/rely upon etc "faith"]...lol) so OK and yes I agree...

Originally posted by Reincarnated Am
                    I respect everyone’s religion or believes, as long as they don’t force it on others and they respect other’s religion or believes and don’t think anyone is more superior...
                    OK that is fine by me...I respect that...

Comment

Working...
                    X