Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Turks

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulgarian
    I am talking about Ottoman period as a whole not only after 1878 Berlin treaty, Ottomans had no problem with Armenians for majority of the times.

Originally posted by Bulgarian
    Exactly Joseph.

The Ottomans where forced to reform and in anycase their reforms were limited and uneffective. The Turks in the Ottoman empire were too stupid to do the jobs that Armenians and Greeks carried out. The Greeks and Armenians were killed because they were the rich ones (just like the Jews that died under the Nazis). I dont see a difference between the Nazis and the Young Turks. The Nazis copied the Young Turks and used modern German technology to update the methods used by the Young Turks. Talat was killed in Germany wasnt he? Isnt it possible that more Young Turks fled to Germany and perhaps met Hitler and other Nazis to give a better insight into commiting Genocides.

TurQ what can I say apart from the fact that Turkeys very own minorities have many protests (of course Turkeys laws which are close or at the very least mimic those of a facist state) consider these people as terrorists.

If the Bulgarian government followed the example of Turkey then we would have to massacre the 1 million+ Turks in our country. I know that even the most ardent Bulgarian nationalists wouldnt dream of doing this. Just wait until our coalition gets into power the Turks will get their commupance.

Whats the matter TurQ cant you at least critise the any of those Turks that killed that Greek Cypriot in cold blood. Or the Turkish Cypriot politician who shot dead that guys cousin a few weeks later because he climbed a flag pole with the Turkish flag. Cant you at least critise Turkeys facists the MHP were the ones who created forest fires in the Greek Aegean islands and who try and prevent any debate on the Armenian genocide or who tried to kill the late pope. Not even one word of critism? My my my TurQ we all know your true colours dont we???

Comment

• So maybe its correct to say revolutions almost always start in the Diaspora and Turkey knows this.
      "All truth passes through three stages:
      First, it is ridiculed;
      Second, it is violently opposed; and
      Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

• Originally posted by TurQ
        I know Varteks was hanged in Istanbul,
        dont know the rest
        But the thin is before 1915 Ottomans didnnt see Armenians as being Armenian threat bu a general eastern problem, and it's obvious that the claims about Armenians being second class citizens in Ottomans is a false claim, they had these high ranking positions which you can not see any of the western countries of that time. CUP and traditional Ottoman styles are different,
        Funny that you would claim that Ottomaons didn't see Armenains as a threat prior to 1915 - yet this is the excuse given for the actions taken against them. In fact Ottomans never saw Armenian s as a "threat" per se - only as a political inconvienicne - and for this they cleansed the lands of us and commited a barbaric genocide - shame on them - great shame....don't you agree?

And that you dispute that Armenains were second class citizens proves you are just lying to us here - you just cant be that stupid/ignorant - can you?

Comment

• thats true

Originally posted by Gavur
          So maybe its correct to say revolutions almost always start in the Diaspora and Turkey knows this.

Comment

Bulgarian
            I am talking about Ottoman period as a whole not only after 1878 Berlin treaty, Ottomans had no problem with Armenians for majority of the times.
            Ottomans never had a problem with Armenians except as created in their own minds as a result of insanity brought about by the collapse of their Empire and the downfall of their (expected) glory. You fail to properly understand the conquorer/warrior mentality of the Ottoman Turks and how and why the fell so hard and how and why they decided to - among other things - take it out on the most loyal and beneficial element of their population - because of insanity (much like the Nazis were a symptom of Germany's insanity)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gavur
              So maybe its correct to say revolutions almost always start in the Diaspora and Turkey knows this.
              yes very good point - and why we shouldn't be surprised by much of the origins of the CUP/Young Turks being from fringe Turks beyond Anatolia and beyond the ethnic Ottoman Turk main...

Comment

• Well I am not familiar with such official stance but could be true, I dont know.

My aim was to point out the fact that the official Armenian thesis saying is that
                Armenians have always been tortured and treated like inhumans throughout the hisotry beginning from Mongolian(Jengiz and Hulagu, who are enemies of Turks BTW) times thru Seljuks and all of the Ottoman period, Armenians were mis-treated. I simply say that it is no true, this is totally a seperate argument on 1915, the Armenian leaders of 1915 are not the same of those Armenians in 19th century and before likewise Ottomans in 1915 is not the same Ottoman as it before 1908. This simple distinction is not made(in my opinion thats on purpose) and Turks have been vilified as whole from beginning of the history. I personally have problem with that thats why I've posted, may be it needed some clarification

Originally posted by Joseph
                My point is that I see quite often that it is used in the standard lexicon of the Turkish official position that "hey look at how many Armenians were in the gov't, that shows there could be no genocide"
                Well, the simple case is that the Ottoman Empire needed accountants, bankers, artisans, architects, financiers, etc out of necessity and when the genocide occured, the fact of their murder, exile, etc is glossed over.
                Armenians, Greeks, Jews, Assyrians, were there out of necessity not because they were welcome or respected. Some did survive into the Republican period (Dilicar comes to mind) but only because they were irreplacable at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1.5 million
                  Ottomans never had a problem with Armenians except as created in their own minds as a result of insanity brought about by the collapse of their Empire and the downfall of their (expected) glory. You fail to properly understand the conquorer/warrior mentality of the Ottoman Turks and how and why the fell so hard and how and why they decided to - among other things - take it out on the most loyal and beneficial element of their population - because of insanity (much like the Nazis were a symptom of Germany's insanity)

In "The Armenian Genocide" Documantry I was amazed how easy some Turks were manipaleted and bribed by people using Islam .They were told it was Helal to kill Armenians as they admitted in interview.These ignorant people thought cool we'll just annihilate these folks take everything they got here and now plus we have guaranteed ticket to heaven .
                  How can you resist it if your Moslem?
                  First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

• Well that need is not like Armenians were talented or like, cause the Muslim citizens of the Emipre were obliged to serve in the army, and since 1870s the male population of the muslim communities diminished, and inevitably Armenians or others were needed. This point is always overlooked. After WW-I only 1/3s of the muslim population was male being mosty either kids or elderly.

As far as Dilacar concerned, he was inthe army and later he was also deported to Syria, Ataturk met with him in Damascus(Ithink dilacar was 19 at that time), Ataturk invited him to Turkey, he gave Turkish citizenship and the position as the head of Turk Dil Kurumu (Turkish language Foundation).

And Again Armenians were in Ottoman beurocracy long before than the period that you're mentioning, from 15th century on they wer ein Ottoman beurocracy. I know it is hard to accept for diasporans but Armenians were not the "Other" of Turks up until 1890s.

Originally posted by Joseph
                    Well, the simple case is that the Ottoman Empire needed accountants, bankers, artisans, architects, financiers, etc out of necessity and when the genocide occured, the fact of their murder, exile, etc is glossed over.
                    Armenians, Greeks, Jews, Assyrians, were there out of necessity not because they were welcome or respected. Some did survive into the Republican period (Dilicar comes to mind) but only because they were irreplacable at the time.

Comment

Well that need is not like Armenians were talented or like, cause the Muslim citizens of the Emipre were obliged to serve in the army, and since 1870s the male population of the muslim communities diminished, and inevitably Armenians or others were needed. This point is always overlooked. After WW-I only 1/3s of the muslim population was male being mosty either kids or elderly.

As far as Dilacar concerned, he was inthe army and later he was also deported to Syria, Ataturk met with him in Damascus(Ithink dilacar was 19 at that time), Ataturk invited him to Turkey, he gave Turkish citizenship and the position as the head of Turk Dil Kurumu (Turkish language Foundation).

And Again Armenians were in Ottoman beurocracy long before than the period that you're mentioning, from 15th century on they wer ein Ottoman beurocracy. I know it is hard to accept for diasporans but Armenians were not the "Other" of Turks up until 1890s.

I wonder what The Armenian male % was!
                      First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Working...
                      X