Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Turks

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Backstabbed
    Parev

This is pure hate speech. As an Armenian I am ashamed to be seeing this in this forum. Armenians don't hate anyone, thats not who we are. Please take your evil ideas elsewhere. Love, truth and respect will help us gain victory. Please, I ask you all to stop the hate. Regardless of where we were born, we are all human beings. We must strive for reconciliation.

Shalom

Yes,Hatemongerers are the easyest people to manipulate and use.
    "All truth passes through three stages:
    First, it is ridiculed;
    Second, it is violently opposed; and
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

• Originally posted by TurQ
      Vogel, Hitite is being sarcastic, he is actually critisizng the fellow that has critisized you.
      Originally posted by Kharpert
      Vogelgrippe, Hitite is agreeing with you. He's was just being sarcastic about that post.
      TurQ, Kharpert, Hitite,

Sorry. I should have read some of Hitite's previous posts to figure out that he was being sarcastic. My bad. My misunderstanding

Comment

• Originally posted by kemal1915
        ''that a kurd in pkk averagely live 2 or 2.5 years but urs will be shorter i think''

that is a true statistic that is done by formal associations and when i said that i ment that a terrorist have no chance to fight. pkk's aim is same with kurdish people who want a kurdistan.pkk is the armed part of this project so same people are supporting its action in anywhere(in turkey or north ırak)sooo i think u r one of them who r baby killers.i think u would do the same if u were on mountains
        Saying: but urs will be shorter is calling for murder.

I have a question for the Turkish members........
        Can you realize a bit why many surrounding countries/peoples hate you?
        And don't come up with "we are a superpower" or such, because it's nonsense.

Comment

• Saying: but urs will be shorter is calling for murder.
          No, honestly considering the level of your understanding, it is a logical statment.

I have a question for the Turkish members........
          Can you realize a bit why many surrounding countries/peoples hate you?
          And don't come up with "we are a superpower" or such, because it's nonsense.
          We were a superpower in middle-ages now we are only a regional power. Saying that the roots of the hate ofcourse goes deep. First of all we, Turks, forced our way in Anatolia, a thousand years ago regardless of the resistance of local population, Byzantium Empire,Arabic(Muslim) Empires. We fought every single one of the people in the region in search of power and rule, our ambitions were high. People bowed to our rule despite the fact that they did not like us. Under our rule this dislike turned to a silent hate. Uniting the identity under the name of Islam has decreased the level of this hate a bit, at least for muslim people. But Christian subjects were another matter naturally.
          After Sultan Suleyman, Ottoman Empire's began to decline, western world began to rise. Ottoman Empire which was a just state in its own fashion at the beginning, slowly lost its power to corruption. Day by day the silent hate against us raised its voice across the empire. At WW1, the consequences of this hate came with nationalism across the empire, betrayal of muslim nations
          and so forth.After many defeats when Empire faded, we found out we were all alone and to admit we were in shock. In a few years all was left Anatolia from the vast empire. After this "Atatürk" came drove Greeks out of Anatolia and more so abolished chaliphate and seperated religion from state affairs. Therefore muslim nations also lost their taste in us considering us betrayers of Islam.
          This is a very small version of roots of hate to Turks for the people of region.
          There are of course the reasons that belong to Modern Turkey's faults. The most popular one in your case, Kurdish or Minority problem. Economic problems, Diplomatic problems.
          Turkey is the only ally of NATO and UN in the region. We are allies with America which makes us very unpopular among Arab states. We have problems with Armenia about the issues I dont need to mention. Our wrongs in forming minority problems has brought us to Kurdish nationalism in Turkey
          though in this Turkey is gaining on slowly.

Simply to put, we are not liked because,
          1-) We were not born here, we came after
          2-) People lived under our rule for 1000 years, in a land which belonged to them prior to our arrival
          3-) We waved the flag of Islam for many years, a religion the belonged to Arabs in first place.
          4-) We invaded towards Europe, offering an alternative rule.
          5-) We are muslims.
          6-) After WW1 we moved ourselves to western state style which has been received as betrayal to rules of Islam.

Comment

• Originally posted by elendil
            2-) People lived under our rule for 1000 years, in a land which belonged to them prior to our arrival
            3-) We waved the flag of Islam for many years, a religion the belonged to Arabs in first place.
            5-) We are muslims.
            6-) After WW1 we moved ourselves to western state style which has been received as betrayal to rules of Islam.
            You don't mention how much blood you have on your hands.
            I mean many people immigrate but still people can accept that.
            But what Turks have done cannot be compared to anything.

You killed: 2.200.000+ Armenians in history
            You killed: 700.000+ Greeks since you arrived
            You killed: 350.000+ Assyrians when you settled
            You killed: 2.000.000+ Kurds since your arrival
            You killed: 100.000+ Arabs through time
            You killed: 80.000+ Bulgarians since your imperialism started
            You killed: 30.000+ Cypriots since your illegal invasion

Even today you do not recognize this, you still hate all those people in the region, you still want to kill more, you still think you are superior.

Comment

• You make a statement about Christians always harboring a hate for the Ottomans after they conquered. I partially agree with you. Greeks and Armenians obviously were horrified that their Byzantine Empire, another multi-ethnic empire, in which these two peoples dominated religious, cultural, political and economic affairs had suddenly been torn apart by an invading Mongol army. The consequences were enormous on a global scale and dominated Western minds for a century thereafter, even overshadowing the discovery of the New World.

Though the Ottomans eventually developed a complex an advanced civilization, the beginnings were incredible for Christians to accept. A hostile, nomad, foreign power was suddenly ruling over what was up until that time, Europe's most culturaly advanced civilisation. So hate was the obvious consequence.

On the other side of the coin, Turks came to resent the Christian attitude of superiority and the reality of Christians' higher standard of living in many parts of the empire due to their artisan and merchant occupations. The co-existance was often uneasy. Numerous firmans, like the rezi, by various sultans tried to promote Turkish-muslim economic interests at the expense of Christians like banning Christians from certain trades.

By the 1800s, nationalism gained strength around the world as many subjugated peoples aspired to self-rule in the belief that a brighter future lay in independence. These feelings were often taen advantage of by the Great Powers of the time to weaken the integrity of their rivals. Russia towards Austrian-Hungarian and the Ottoman Empires, Prussia in efforts to absorb the other German states and dominate central europe, etc. In Ottoman lands nationalism found fertile ground in part due to the reasons I mentioned above.

My point . . . mutual animosity existed, on both Turkish-muslims and Christians, it was not just a one-sided affair. Why did the Young Turks decide to resort to massacres, later to be classified as genocide, while population exchanges from Greece to Turkey were largely peaceful? I personally have spoken to Turks that were born and raised in Greece that decided to move to Turkey during the exchanges, in this case it was a decision not a deportation.

Comment

• Maybe someone here knows better than I, on what basis did these population exchanges take place? How did the populations of Christians in Turkey manage to stay on while so many of their people were forced to leave? The same for Turks-muslims in Greece, how did they manage to stay? And how was the exodus of the Armenians and Assyrians managed, if at all, by the Turkish state and to what extent did the Great Powers of the day get involved?

I know many of you hav posted articles re: these subjects but I'd like your opinions too not just facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by elendil
                  No, honestly considering the level of your understanding, it is a logical statment.

We were a superpower in middle-ages now we are only a regional power. Saying that the roots of the hate ofcourse goes deep. First of all we, Turks, forced our way in Anatolia, a thousand years ago regardless of the resistance of local population, Byzantium Empire,Arabic(Muslim) Empires. We fought every single one of the people in the region in search of power and rule, our ambitions were high. People bowed to our rule despite the fact that they did not like us. Under our rule this dislike turned to a silent hate. Uniting the identity under the name of Islam has decreased the level of this hate a bit, at least for muslim people. But Christian subjects were another matter naturally.
                  After Sultan Suleyman, Ottoman Empire's began to decline, western world began to rise. Ottoman Empire which was a just state in its own fashion at the beginning, slowly lost its power to corruption. Day by day the silent hate against us raised its voice across the empire. At WW1, the consequences of this hate came with nationalism across the empire, betrayal of muslim nations
                  and so forth.After many defeats when Empire faded, we found out we were all alone and to admit we were in shock. In a few years all was left Anatolia from the vast empire. After this "Atatürk" came drove Greeks out of Anatolia and more so abolished chaliphate and seperated religion from state affairs. Therefore muslim nations also lost their taste in us considering us betrayers of Islam.
                  This is a very small version of roots of hate to Turks for the people of region.
                  There are of course the reasons that belong to Modern Turkey's faults. The most popular one in your case, Kurdish or Minority problem. Economic problems, Diplomatic problems.
                  Turkey is the only ally of NATO and UN in the region. We are allies with America which makes us very unpopular among Arab states. We have problems with Armenia about the issues I dont need to mention. Our wrongs in forming minority problems has brought us to Kurdish nationalism in Turkey
                  though in this Turkey is gaining on slowly.

5-) We are muslims.

Simply to put, you are not liked because of you faults/
                  And it would be more constructive if you elobarate on some of the major ones instead of telling us the reasons only for them.I believe the Ottomans were permiscous in giving us minoritys under there rule plenty freedom to prosper and benefit the Empire in return we didnt throw their faults to their face instead we let them learn from us our culture and commerce when the Ottoman monarchy was falling there were many voices heard about the future direction of the community including ours naturally but the ones that seized power by force were the ones that were bought and sold by the foreign interest not us.Ours was a constructive critcism what we got in return after all the centurys of collabaration is we got anihalated and replaced by a cheao imitation of a minority .
                  We didnt deserve what we got but God is witness Turkey did.
                  "All truth passes through three stages:
                  First, it is ridiculed;
                  Second, it is violently opposed; and
                  Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

• Originally posted by kerkuk_kurdista
                    You don't mention how much blood you have on your hands.
                    I mean many people immigrate but still people can accept that.
                    But what Turks have done cannot be compared to anything.

You killed: 2.200.000+ Armenians in history
                    You killed: 700.000+ Greeks since you arrived
                    You killed: 350.000+ Assyrians when you settled
                    You killed: 2.000.000+ Kurds since your arrival
                    You killed: 100.000+ Arabs through time
                    You killed: 80.000+ Bulgarians since your imperialism started
                    You killed: 30.000+ Cypriots since your illegal invasion

Even today you do not recognize this, you still hate all those people in the region, you still want to kill more, you still think you are superior.
                    Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

When will you understand that All Turks aren't murderers???

Only a minority is fascists and they control the country.

When you talk like that,you make even democratic Turks racist.

If I were Turk(at least I am Turk according to my country's laws)I would hate you.

Can't you be a little more tactfull against Turks???

Hate will not bring us cultural rights.

Love and cooperation will bring us our human rights.

As long as you continue like that You will encounter Turkish citizens' warnings maybe other things I don't want(I am the one of them)

Be tactfull kıro(Boy)!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kerkuk_kurdista
                      People who approve a country destoying my people and homeland will never get respect.

Yes they are quite nice, ever heard Biz APO'ya söz vermisiz?
                      So you will see Turks' hate.Don't wait another thing from us(Turkish citizens)

If you promise Apo that you will save your lands,then don't talk here,come and fight against us and die in your lands.

Maybe you will encounter me in the mountains.Of course I will be Turkish soldier who protecting his country.(Although I don't like war,I must do that)(Or else I will be sentenced)

I want to say to the members of this forum:

KURDS AREN'T BARBAR PEOPLE.

KURDS DON'T HATE TURKS OR OTHER NATIONS

I AM SORRY FOR Kerkuk Kurdista

Comment

Working...
                      X