Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hello -- I have a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello -- I have a question

Hello,

I would like to ask you what do Armenians want from Turkey?

Originally posted by Behcet
    Hello,

There is no one answer to that questions and you're certainly not the first Turk who has asked it on this forum and I am almost certain of the pattern of your future repsonses but I will answer you anyhow.
    Personally, I want just acknowledgement of what happened. For Turkey to stop looking at the past with rose tinted lenses and understand whether they are willing to call it genocide or not, they decimated a group of people from their own homeland and they will never be able to return, that thousands of years of history, that the place where our church, language, and culture was born has been ripped from us. (Armenians are not the only ones, this happened to the Assyrians too)
    I know this cannot happen overnight and am encouraged that there are those who are now questioning what happened in Turkey.
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

they decimated a group of people from their own homeland and they will never be able to return,

I disagree. turkey must pay reparations and return all Armenian land.

According to the Treaty of Sevres.

Comment

Personally, I want just acknowledgement of what happened.
        You want aknologement of "what happened"? Or you want it called genocide?

Assuming we aknowlege exactly what Armenians say happenned, then what?

Maggie's demands?

Comment

You want aknologement of "what happened"? Or you want it called genocide?

Assuming we aknowlege exactly what Armenians say happenned, then what?

Maggie's demands?
          Although I would like it to be acknowledged as genocide, I realize it won't happen over night. After an acknowledgement, which I believe will occur eventually, we can find ways to move on. At the moment, Armenians have no way to move forward with Turks on a normal basis because they have no reason to trust Turkish intentions. It's impossible to reconcile with you people who deny what happened to you, it's as if they deny our existence and we are some how erased which in my mind is a the deepest of hatreds.

What do you want Behcet?
          General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

After an acknowledgement, which I believe will occur eventually, we can find ways to move on.
            How?

At the moment, Armenians have no way to move forward with Turks on a normal basis because they have no reason to trust Turkish intentions.
            And we have reason to trust Armenian intention? Armenia does not recognise Turkish territorial integrity and refuses to ratify the Lusane treaty.

Of coarse we'll be defensive. We don't trust Armenian intentions.

It's impossible to reconcile with you people who deny what happened to you, it's as if they deny our existence and we are some how erased which in my mind is a the deepest of hatreds.
            I want to have good relations with Armenians, but we have no reason to believe that Armenians will stop comming after us if we aknowlege what you say happenned to you. So resistance is a very natural reaction on our part. I don't think Armenians would do any different if roles were reversed.

What do you want Behcet?
            A lot of things, but from Armenians, nothing.
            Armenians want something from Turks. I want you to put it on the table and explain to me exactly what.

Comment

Behcet, you should remember that in the Treaty of Laussane, the Armenians are not even mentioned, and therefore there is no point in Armenia recognizing that treaty. The only territorial integrity there is between Turkey and Armenia is a gigantic fence with guards.

And if you're curious as to "how" we can move on, it is possible to restart relations with Turkey, which is what the state of Armenia officially supports. But Armenia can't do that until Turkey recognizes the Armenian Genocide! Every political or economic issue between Armenia and Turkey is dead in the water until the Genocide issue is resolved.

What do we want? Before anything, this is the first:
              Recognition of the Armenian Genocide

Comment

Hello,

...moistness, flavor, enough for everyone...I actually enjoy the sides more - especially cranberries and the wine of course...

Comment

How?

And we have reason to trust Armenian intention? Armenia does not recognise Turkish territorial integrity and refuses to ratify the Lusane treaty.

Of coarse we'll be defensive. We don't trust Armenian intentions.

I want to have good relations with Armenians, but we have no reason to believe that Armenians will stop comming after us if we aknowlege what you say happenned to you. So resistance is a very natural reaction on our part. I don't think Armenians would do any different if roles were reversed.

A lot of things, but from Armenians, nothing.
                  Armenians want something from Turks. I want you to put it on the table and explain to me exactly what.

I am not sure how and don't ever believe relations will be characterized as "good". We'll have to see.

For some Armenians the intention is reparations and for some it is an apology. And although a big noise is always made about Armenia supossedly not recognizing Turkish territorial integrity, do Turks actually believe Armenia will demand territory? Turkey doesn't recognize the extermentation of Armenians from Anatolia so to the Armenians it will always seem that the Turkish intention is to cover up a crime. This whole situation reminds me of a girl being raped and then she is asked by the rapists family in the most audacious manner to forgive the rapist and let the past be the past.

In any event the diaspora may or may not ever stop "coming at Turkey" but what does it matter? They are a diaspora community and not Armenia.

Comment

Originally posted by Kharpert
                    he only territorial integrity there is between Turkey and Armenia is a gigantic fence with guards.
                    Exactly, and Armenians seem to be just fine with that. So you should be fine with us and our politics as well. And if Armenia is not fine, than she should immediately recognise Turkish territorial integrity without any pre-conditions.

And if you're curious as to "how" we can move on, it is possible to restart relations with Turkey, which is what the state of Armenia officially supports. But Armenia can't do that until Turkey recognizes the Armenian Genocide! Every political or economic issue between Armenia and Turkey is dead in the water until the Genocide issue is resolved.
                    We can also use exactly same argument for the Karabag issue and Armenian recognition of Turkish territory.

What do we want? Before anything, this is the first:
                    Recognition of the Armenian Genocide
                    Ok what else? Turkey wants to close this issue, but we cannot do so with threats and being forced. Besides for us to truly move towards reconciliation with Armenians we have to trust Armenian intention.

I think Maggie gave an honest answer personally. I think Armenian Nationalists think exactly same. I think Armenian Nationalists are the ones who call the shots in Armenia anyway, and you say you want relations with Turkey? I think you want relations on your terms and that's it.

Comment

Working...
                    X