Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Conferderacy of Morons: The New Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazier than I believed before

Read the bold

Reading Turks’ minds through ‘Valley’

Experts agree that TV series “Valley of the Wolves,” despite some redeeming qualities, sets a bad example for teenagers with frequent violence and the lack of any demonstration of post-crime remorse. Nothing worked. Due to the violent content of the series, I tried to keep my son away from the television on Thursdays, when my husband, who is normally committed to playing with our son after work, was hypnotized by the “Valley of the Wolves, Ambush” series.

Eventually, I found the solution to be to knock on the door of my next-door neighbor, who was kind of suffering from the same mania, with my son and some slices of cake in hand.
    But what is it that draws him and his fellow workers to the series, so much so that Fridays were full of dialogue from the last episode of “Valley”? “The Valley of the Wolves, Ambush,” which will wrap up this Thursday, usually gets the highest ratings, including its re-runs. “It is themselves who they find so appealing in the series; it is their lives and their souls that they find,” says psychiatrist and associate professor Erol Göka, chosen “Intellectual of the Year” in 2006 by the Writers Union of Turkey with his book “The Psychology of Turks.”

“The series is incredibly successful in dealing with the setting, characters and action, and it sums up the state of the emotions of our people very well. The work of fiction also does a good job in making enemies,” says Göka, who also heads the psychiatry clinic of Ankara Numune Hospital.

On that point, İlham Khalilov, a psychologist from the Zen counseling center in İstanbul, agrees with Dr. Göka. “Every character is depicted with a particular feature. For example, İskender, the narcissistic head of an unknown power, has been portrayed so well that his character comes through even in the language he uses.” The characters even evolve as we do in real life, says Khalilov, pointing to Abdulhey, the manliest man, the bravest heart of all, the one no one can catch smiling, as an example. “He was more masculine at the beginning of the series. Now he has turned into someone else.”

Khalilov also links the obsession with strong, masculine characters -- portrayed so well by protagonists Polat, Memati and others -- with the lack of an authority figure at home. In Turkey, he argues, as the father is usually at work, a dependent relationship between the mother and child exists. “For this reason the father figure is usually not prominent in the family, leading the child to look for an authority figure outside of home.” But the argument does not apply to adult men, Khalilov says.

The two experts share the same view on whether the series would ever become a bad example for teenage boys -- who are already busy building an identity and simultaneously trying to adapt to changes brought about by puberty -- because it is a frequent scene of violence in which people kill with no trace of regret on their face. That fact alone would give a false idea to a young mind that killing a person is not serious and that guns are not that harmful after all. Psychologist Khalilov plays down this option but says there are exceptions. Only mentally imbalanced individuals would be motivated by a work of fiction -- say, a movie or a story -- according to him. A healthy adult male can easily differentiate between fiction and reality, and that is the case with “Valley,” Dr. Göka believes.

The series tells the story of an intelligence officer, Polat, whose mission, given to him by men from the deep state, is to infiltrate a gang in order to get rid of it. He then ends up establishing his own gang because of corruption in the system that once employed him. Throughout this entire story, the men in his gang are depicted as heroes in terms of their loyalty to Polat, though their human side is portrayed at times. This characterization of the men as having flaws makes the series likeable, says Khalilov.

A disturbing question, though, continues to bother the mind. It is of no harm to adult men, but what about teenagers struggling to find role models and dealing with raging hormones? That is, would the series have played into the wicked hands of those who want to use the young in their ill-intentioned scenarios like assassinations of prominent public figures such as slain journalist Hrant Dink? The Turkish-Armenian journalist was murdered by a 17-year-old who was later found to have links to a gang. Dr. Göka disagrees with this argument, voiced by many. He even goes further by saying: “No, I don’t agree with that at all. We cannot judge a whole nation by the crimes of a few punks -- That is a crime bigger than crime itself.” What he says then is remarkable: “A Turk’s mind doesn’t understand racism. Though Turks are a warrior community, as all historians agree, they are the nation which has the greatest tolerance in the world.”

Khalilov sees a connection between the socioeconomic background and gangs. “Children of less educated and less wealthy parents are more likely to be involved in gangs. A teenager who lacks those things would look for wealth and power outside his or her family,” Khalilov says.

Göka, who deals with the community psychology of Turks in his book “The Psychology of Turks,” discusses the argument that it addresses Turks’ need for guns and that it is for that reason popular among a nation famous for its gift of forming armies. What he says is nothing new: Turks are a military society. “The well-known trio, ‘At-Avrat-Silah,’ [Horse-Woman-Gun] is of great importance in our ‘historical psychology.’ The point is that it is not only the weapons, but also our ‘warrior state of mind.’ I do not know how other societies are, but Turks are like that. And we can never analyze anything correctly without realizing this feature of ours. Turks are well known in history for their warrior features. Turks, fighting without gender discrimination, fought not only for their nation; they were employed as warriors by other nations’ armies because of their well-established war tactics. Therefore it is not this relation between Turks and guns which make ‘Valley’ a must-see on Tuesdays,” Göka says, giving another perspective on Turkey’s “deep state.” “The major part of the success of the series lies in the fact that it can make us ask questions about some issues in order for them to come under the spotlight in a country in which a great deal of secret and suspicious business has taken place.” “To some extent, it helps to calm our paranoia [or the skeptic within].”

On the other hand, Zekayi Altun, a fan of the series, says, “I don’t think it is about the guns.” What he finds so spellbinding in “Valley” is its scenario, which ties the latest developments in Turkey with fiction. He also dismissed the idea of guns being a “bad example” by invoking Memati’s drug problem. Memati, a picture-perfect example of a strong man in the series with his courage, is forced to use drugs during his captivity by the antagonists of the series. Polat then comes to his rescue, but by then, Memati is already a drug addict. On that point, Polat’s father, a mosque preacher, tries to encourage him to quit. The pious man functions as a messenger throughout the series, says Polat. Therefore, the series can balance its violence with a message about the results of the guns.” He adds: “For instance, in the latest episode, at least 10 minutes were spent explaining the harms of drugs. I am sure those with a tendency to imitate the crimes in the series also take their cues from what Polat’s father, who is even good to his enemy, preaches and models with his role.”

The series’ fans are not all men. Fatma Yeler, 85, used to watch it when Elif, Polat’s ill-fated lover in the series’ first season, was alive. The scriptwriter killed her in a tragic car accident. “They fight less and are less entertaining,” Yeler says. “They have not filled the gap that Elif’s absence has left,” says another former fan, Nevin Öztürk, a 40-year-old housewife from one of İstanbul’s upscale districts.

The series is rated “seven and above” by the Radio and Television Supreme Council (RTÜK). I ask Zekayi if his wife and young daughter watch it. “No,” he says. The series’ season finale is this Thursday. Though the questions asked above still remain unanswered, there is something for sure: Zekayi’s wife, children and I will finally catch a breather from this show this summer.
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Yes, I know this is actually Azerbaijan but "two countries, one nation" right?

And he calls himself a man of god. Another reason why Armenians should not be forced to live amongst the Azeris

Haji Allahshukur Pashazadeh: “Falsehood and treason run in Armenians’ blood”

[ 22 Jul 2008 14:57 ]

Baku. Elbrus Seyfullayev –APA. Chairman of the Caucasian Muslims Office Sheikh-ul-Islam Haji Allahshukur Pashazadeh voiced strong condemnations to Armenians.

According to APA, Sheikh-ul-Islam has met with the head of Los Angeles Tolerance Center Rabbi Abraham Cooper at his residence on Tuesday. He said Armenians wanted to bring Nagorno Karabakh conflict to the religious confrontation. “We proved that this conflict carries political character”. Pashazadeh said several days ago Bibiheybat Mosque was opened. He noted that this mosque was destroyed during Soviet regime in 1934 as many others in various regions of Azerbaijan, but churches and synagogues, including Armenian church in Baku, were protected in the country. Pashazadeh said Azerbaijan wanted to solve Nagorno Karabakh conflict peacefully, but the opposite side didn’t show sincerity. “We are making all efforts to solve this problem peacefully and holding meetings for this goal, but we don’t see results of these meetings, because falsehood and treason run in Armenian’s blood. They ate our bread, but spoke against us while leaving”.
      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

So he made this statement to Abraham Cooper, the head of the Museum of Tolerance. I wonder what was going through Cooper's mind while listening to the good Sheik.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom View Post
          So he made this statement to Abraham Cooper, the head of the Museum of Tolerance. I wonder what was going through Cooper's mind while listening to the good Sheik.
          He was most likely bewildered but then he gave this interview:

Today.Az » Society » Head of Los Angeles Center of Tolerance: "Azerbaijan is a tolerant country, where everyone can practice his religion without any restrictions"

23 July 2008 [15:46] - Today.Az

Day.Az interview with head of Los Angeles Tolerance, rabbi Abraham Cooper, visiting Azerbaijan.

- What's your impressions of the meetings, held in Baku?

- I have good impressions of the visit. My first visit to Baku took place in 1972. I am glad that the city has changed. I witnessed the development, which is rejoicing. Baku residents are optimists, they are confident about their future, Currently, Azerbaijan is an oil exporting country. Oil revenues are used for the future of the country, its youth and it is a positive fact. The country's economy is being developed.

- What is the main purpose of your visit to Azerbaijan?

- The main purpose was the meeting with religious leaders. I was planning to discuss measures, need to prevent religious extremism. Before Azerbaijan I visited Indonesia, Oman and held meetings with the leaderships of these countries at which I also discussed prevention of religious extremism.

We have a tolerance museum of Los Angeles and I invited head of the Caucasus Muslims Department Sheikh Allahshukur Pashazade to our city and offerred him to visit the museum. We are going to arrange a visit to religious leaders to Los Angeles. We want to explain to the US community that Azerbaijan is a tolerant country, where everyone can practice his religious without any restrictions.

The situation has reversed in Azerbaijan as compared to 10 years ago, when there was no interest in Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan has common borders with Iran, a country where radical Islam dominates. But it is positive that Azerbaijan is tolerant and freedom of conscience is not violated here, despite the neighborhood with such a country.

I have today visited Sinagogue and met with Jews, showing interest in conditions for religious rituals and practicing their religion. I am glad that unlike the Soviet times, Azerbaijan has freedom of conscience. In this view, my visit to Azerbaijan was useful.

My meeting with the religious leaders was a kind of a singal to the world community that Azerbaijan is a tolerant country.

- What have you witnessed in Azerbaijan?

- I have visited the Sangachal terminal. Therefore, I was informed in details about the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline. In Sangachal I witnessed application of high degree of security. BTC unites several states and this is an excellent indicator of cooperation.

- Do you have information about the Armenian-Azerbaijan conflict?

- I am asked this question by every Azerbaijani, whom I meet in Azerbaijan. I can say that 90% of US community does not know about this conflict. I think Azerbaijanis should primaruly inform the US community in details about their country and especially about this conflict. The United States are mostly well informed about the "genocide of Armenians". It would be good if Azerbaijanis held work for informing Americans about the Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict.

- What would you say about the level of relations between Azerbaijani and Jewish Diasporas in the United States?

- Frankly speaking, I do not have information regarding the number of Azerbaijanis, residing in the United States. As for the relations between the communities, I can say that ties are narrow. I hope the ties will develop which will give grounds for fruitful cooperation. On the whole, Azerbaijanis and Jews maintain historical ties. Many Jews have been residing in Azerbaijan. Our peoples are friends to each others and I think this friendship will expand.

/Day.Az/

URL: http://www.today.az/news/society/46591.html

Comment

phantom, here's more:

Today.Az » Politics » Oqtay Atakhan: "Allakhshukur Pashazade has never incited hatred and animosity to Armenians among Azerbaijanis"

23 July 2008 [12:30] - Today.Az

"I am far from defending Allahshukur Pashazade, but I think he meant "genetic memory", which is better known as a "memory of blood" and merely as blood in the abbreviated form", said head of the Humanistic party of Azerbaijan, commenting on the statement of head of the Caucasus Muslems Department, who said "falsehood and treason is in Armenians' blood".

He noted that the blood of Hayes, who appropriated our ancient name "ar-men" does not differ from blood of any other nation and probably, the blood of Hayes was transfused to Azerbaijanis and Azerbaijani to Hayes, even more often than any other blood, as we were not only neighbors, but we lived together both in the Azerbaijan SSR and Armenia SSR.

"But can anyone reject that indeed the genetic memory of Hayes, who have been breeding hatred and animosity towards Azerbaijanis, on whose lands they found refuge and happy habitat and then attained their "statehood", can not evade treason, cruel treason, which has turned into the dominant of this genetic memory? No, this is true, said Atakhan, adding he thinks Pashazade meant that.

He noted that Pashazade was interpreted wrongly or he allowed his being wrongly interpreted.

"In both cases, these are shortcomings, which can be used by our enemies against us", said Atakhan.

/Day.Az/

Comment

Cooper isn't a Rabbi or a humanitarian. Nor does he have any interest in "tolerance". If he did, he would have immediately taken the good Sheikh to task for what was a blatantly and openly racist statement. For Cooper, as with the ADL, tolerance need not be applied towards Armenians. We are not worthy of tolerance since we have no oil and no military power, and we don't constantly threaten our neighbors.

Comment

Cooper isn't a Rabbi or a humanitarian. Nor does he have any interest in "tolerance". If he did, he would have immediately taken the good Sheikh to task for what was a blatantly and openly racist statement. For Cooper, as with the ADL, tolerance need not be applied towards Armenians. We are not worthy of tolerance since we have no oil and no military power, and we don't constantly threaten our neighbors.
                I agree. Since we are no use to Israel, we are held in little regard for Jews. Imagine if the Sheikh made those comment with reference to Jews instead of Armenians....Cooper would be screaming bloody murder and this would be all over the press; and rightly so.

Nonetheless, we need to get this story out to every outlet,blog, etc we can think of. Just another example of why Armenians should not be living amongst the Azeris...it would be suicide.

Comment

The names given to some institutes recall the titles used by Orwell in "1984".

I remember driving over the Oder from East Germany into Poland across the "Friendship Bridge" (!).

But to answer your thought Phantom, Cooper probably considered the asseri's words as perfect.

Comment

Oh no! Not a cross!!!!

A hard cross to bear in Trabzon

Thursday, July 24, 2008

FORUM TRABZON: Local objections force the contractor to alter the lighthouse at the edge of the mail. DHA photos

An allegedly cross-shaped configuration of a shopping center in the Black Sea province of Trabzon has disturbed the city's residents, leading the shopping center to alter the building's construction. Trabzon residents are particularly sensitive at the moment because their city is remembered for a series of events against Christians, including the murders of a priest and prominent journalist, according to city residents.

ŞAFAK TİMUR
                    ISTANBUL – Turkish Daily News

Turkey's Black Sea city of Trabzon has found itself cross with… well, a cross. And the outrage in the community over a shopping center configuration that looks like a Christian cross from the air has resulted in reconstruction to make the shopping center look… well, more religion-neutral.

“I guess Trabzon overreacted a little bit,” said Levent Eyüboğlu, the chief executive officer of the Multi Turkmall firm that built the Forum Trabzon shopping center. “There was local sensitivity about it and we made a gesture to avoid any polemic,” Eyüboğlu told the Turkish Daily News.

Trabzon has made headlines frequently in the past two years for gruesome events that include the murder of priest Andrea Santoro in 2006. The confessed murderer of Turkish-Armenian journalist Hrant Dink last year also hailed from Trabzon and the ongoing court case has revealed that the crime was planned in Trabzon. In another case, a mosque named after a Christian some 30 years ago was renamed with a new moniker earlier this year by the local mayor.

The strong sentiments in Trabzon seem to remain unabated. The Forum Trabzon shopping center was opened last month with a ceremony in which Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan participated. The architecture of the building was inspired by the sea and the shopping center is on the coast as well. However, the light house, which is part of the structure, caused reactions since it looks like a cross because of two vertical balconies circling it. The lighthouse had a beautiful view and the balconies were added later for visitors to enjoy it, said Eyüboğlu. “People misunderstood it,” he said.

However, not everyone shares Eyüboğlu's views.

“This was done consciously,” said Halil İbrahim Kalfaoğlu, the head of Trabzon Chamber of Craftsmen and Artisans. People are sensitive about this issue, he said, adding that the firm should have known about these sensitivities. “I do not know their aim. I just want everyone to leave Trabzon alone. Leave us to ourselves,” Kalfaoğlu said.

Sensitive Trabzon

Trabzon is very sensitive about nationalism and religion, said Erhan Esaspehlivan, the news coordinator at the local Karadeniz newspaper, which first brought the issue of the cross shape to the agenda. People will react against anything that humiliates their religion, Esaspehlivan said. “Islam is a noble religion and it will not be humiliated by such little things. But if you will come and set up a cross in the middle of the city, I will not overlook it,” he said. Esaspehlivan also highlighted that Trabzon residents have respect for other religions on a certain level but the public has to react when an effort is made to spread other religions.

Gürsel Çolakoğlu, a columnist for Karadeniz newspaper and a professor at Karadeniz Technical University, on the other hand, believes that the issue has been blown out of proportion. Trabzon people are so sensitive currently because of the latest events, he said, alluding to the murders of Santoro and Dink.

The city of Greeks?

The existing sensitivity to the shopping center goes further back. In a promotion brochure for the center, the name of the city, “Trabzon” was written vertically on the letter “R” in the middle of the word “Forum.” In Turkish, “rum” is the term used to denote Greeks. This design of the brochure led to reactions as well, as some people said that the brochure implies that Trabzon is a city of Greeks.

Pontic Greeks were inhabitants of Trabzon in the past and this is one of the reasons why the people are sensitive about the issue, said the city's mayor, Mehmet Volkan Canalioğlu.

Trabzon needs the investment

Although the city is cross with the cross, many people think that the city needs an investment like Forum Trabzon shopping center. Canalioğlu said with the shopping center the city gained a new vision. Çolakoğlu said the city needed the center.

Comment

Turkish Daily News: Explore the latest Turkish news, including Turkey news, politics, political updates, and current affairs. Council of Foreign Ministers of Turkic States Organization Convened - 17:59

From Talat Paşa to his contemporary wannabes

Monday, July 28, 2008

You can understand contemporary Turkey only when you are able to see the connection between the legacy of Talat Paşa and the Ergenekon gang

Cengiz ÇANDAR

On last Friday, daily Hürriyet ran a story titled “Young Turks In Action” along with a photograph. “Young Turks” in the photo were old men now with gray hair, or some were bold, and some even had beer bellies. The photograph itself seemed like a joke to the expression “Young Turks.”And the story was starting with a sentence like “The Talat Paşa Committee organized a ‘Young Turks commemoration ceremony' in front of the first Assembly building at Ulus, Ankara, for the anniversary of the Young Turks revolution in 1908.” It was said in the rest of the story that left wing nationalist Doğu Perinçek, who is in jail now as for the involvement in the Ergenekon crime network and whose Workers' Party wins less than 1 percent of votes in every election, was complaining about the arrests of Emin Gürses and the party's secretary and the Talat Paşa Committee member Ferit İlsever. “People attacking on our committee leaders are now dismissing the chair of Turkish History Society from office. But the Talat Paşa Committee is determined to remain in its struggle under the leadership of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, or TRNC, founder President Rauf Denktaş.”

Ergenekon suspects

So, the Talat Paşa Committee and its “leaders” are now the Ergenekon suspects!Three of its leaders are the Ergenekon suspects and its gray-haired, bellied remnants commemorated the “Unionists” (İttihatçılar) of the Ottoman Period at the so-called ceremony (Young Turks Commemoration Ceremony). In fact, Talat Paşa was the key leader of the Unionists. He is the “number one man” behind -- as we discuss it whether or not to refer as the “genocide” or “forced emigration -- the murders of tens of thousands of the Ottoman Armenians. He was, at the same time, one of the leading figures behind the fall of the huge Ottoman Empire, as the predecessor of our Republic. So, the Unionists have a tradition of ruining the state. And forming a “deep state” means ruining the “state” anyway. And today it means obstruction of “a state based on rule of law” which is synonymous with “hostility towards the European Union” at all costs.I keep talking about the ideological bound among the “Ergenekon men,” “Unionists,” “neo-Nationalism” for days. Everything is now being laid before eyes. That is some of the Ergenekon suspects are leaders of the Talat Paşa Committee at the same time. In the 21st century, isn't it obvious what are these people who form a committee and naming itself after one of the most problematic political figures of our history after and what is their “ideological formation” by looking at the name of this committee and its track records?So, whose advocate is Deniz Baykal? Can you see?This Ergenekon crime network investigation has been so serious from the start. But they did refuse to see this. They even did not include even a single piece of information in their newspapers. But when the things go out of hand and turned impossible to hide, they, including leftist and rightist columnists, began to look down, denigrate and kid with this case. The Hrant Dink murder is the most important political murder of our near past history; it was the most serious one.Circles who are acting recklessly and showing opposition to the Ergenekon case took the stage as the so-called friends of Hrant Dink. But we will not allow these humbugs and these phony friends. Of course we do not know the course of the Ergenekon case and how it would be concluded but despite all odds we know for sure that this “file” is the most critical “judicial inquiry” of our near past and extremely important stop in the county's democratization process. We wouldn't know of how the Ergenekon suspects will come to an end but we very well know who wants to dilute such a gravely serious “file” and who attacks on groups pursuing this case.

The litmus test

We will not forget them and we will not let anyone to forget them. And in every single turn of their prospective careers we will make them face this Ergenekon “litmus test.” In the days to come, the “party closure case,” which is of pivotal importance in progress of democracy in Turkey, will be concluded. All about Turkey, both inside and outside, are in halt for months and until the verdict is reached in this case.The decision will help us to better see our near future. If the government party is not dissolved by the top court and if Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is not banned from politics, this will of course mean the end of a huge obstacle before Turkey's path to democracy. If the ruling party is shut down, Turkey will face “turbulence” for a few months, but will definitely save itself after a period.The course of the Ergenekon case is more meaningful in terms of democracy in Turkey, compared to the “party closure case,” although it doesn't seem so at first.

You can only understand this when you are able to see the connection between the legacy of Talat Paşa and the Ergenekon gang.

Comment

Working...
                      X