Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

PLEASE CHECK OUT THIS SITE: http://www.boycottturkey.org/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asalafedayiwar View Post
    By the way, check out this video and further circulate the link, so that we can make the campaign more public: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LibE_P7TvlQ
    If you think this clip is a promotional idea or it will campaign anything then allow me to say that you have no idea about advertising dude. This clip will be considered very weak in terms of advertising standards for lot of reasons, here are some of them:

1. The clip is weak because there is no reason shown. Why shall someone Boycott?

2. Some might sue publisher for encouraging terrorism acts against Turkey.

3. For some this might be considered a back-fire advert since people might think you are telling them to buy Turkish products and shoot at them.

Whoever did this, need to come up with more decent advert in order to campaign boycotting that you're talking about

Comment

Joseph, I am sorry for any confusions caused, but you actually quoted me while I was editing my post, so you quoted me first and only then I published my edited post.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions. I was actually considering to change my username, or, more precisely, open a new youtube account, which will not contain any references to ASALA or fedayis. I will upload the video to that new channel and then let everybody know. Thanks
      You're welcome.I think changing your user name and getting rid of the shooting part of the video will work. I definitely support your cause.

FYI, the very popular clothing store, Banana Republic sells clothes manufactured in Turkey. You should probably make efforts to pressure them. They might be sensitive enough to make some changes.
      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by SoSarkissian View Post
        If you think this clip is a promotional idea or it will campaign anything then allow me to say that you have no idea about advertising dude. This clip will be considered very weak in terms of advertising standards for lot of reasons, here are some of them:

1. The clip is weak because there is no reason shown. Why shall someone Boycott?

2. Some might sue publisher for encouraging terrorism acts against Turkey.

3. For some this might be considered a back-fire advert since people might think you are telling them to buy Turkish products and shoot at them.

Whoever did this, need to come up with more decent advert in order to campaign boycotting that you're talking about

First of all, this is not a promotional video. It was initially intended to be used only on youtube. Secondly, I am not a professional video maker and accordingly I cannot make professional videos. Thirdly, I do not represent boycottturkey.com, do not work for them, did not come up with the idea of boycotting Turkey and I have got no idea who made this clip and, obviously, you guys are taking it too seriously, as it was not made for TV broadcast or for any serious use, although I , personally, find all your advice very useful and I appreciate all your recommendations.

I guess the basic idea of the video is to raise people interest by shocking them a bit (shooting part), so that later they visit the website and find out all the necessary information, although the last part with the webaddress was edited by me, initially the video didn't contain any links to boycottturkey.com website.

Anyway, let's make it clear again, I have no connections to boycottturkey.com. I was just advocating their idea, because I found it to be interesting and challenging.

If anyone wishes to make a good promotional video, then, please, make one.
        Some of us know more about certain things, others know less and it is a complete OK situation, so let's help each other out where we can.

And SoSarkissian be a bit calmer next time when you talk to me! I can't remember making any claims regarding having any ideas/knowledge about advertising. I never claimed that the video was promotional as well, I just suggested to use that video, as it was the only available one.

Comment

obviously, you guys are taking it too seriously, as it was not made for TV broadcast or for any serious use,

And SoSarkissian be a bit calmer next time when you talk to me! I can't remember making any claims regarding having any ideas/knowledge about advertising. I never claimed that the video was promotional as well, I just suggested to use that video, as it was the only available one.
          I see you have issues buddy. No one here is taking it too seriously as your post is pointing + my post was way too far from being harsh, I believe you cannot differentiate between harsh and straight forward talks.

You never claimed that the video was promotional?
          I think when someone reads the below quote will only understand that you are promoting this clip ... CIRCULATE THE LINK doesn't mean anything else to me ...

By the way, check out this video and further circulate the link, so that we can make the campaign more public: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LibE_P7TvlQ
          And SoSarkissian be a bit calmer next time when you talk to me!
          mmm ... am I missing something here? what did you mean by when you talk to me! why should I? are you stating that you are higher class or position that I need to pay attention when I refer to you? get real please ... the most disgraced thing to me is when someone points himself as “someone and not anyone” …

By the way… everything you complained about in your post falls exactly on you. You're the one who took it seriously and you're the one who got offended and started to post in demanding tone to someone you don't know. I repeat; I’m a straight forward talker and logic is my base. When I see something far away from logic, I respond and debate, and that is the reason why we are all here ... got it?

and if you still have problems with the way I post here ... go ahead and report ... its on the bottom left corner of this post (the caution triangle)

Comment

Fellas, I hate to do this but let's please drop the issue, ok? You're both standup guys and let's focus our ire on genocide denial.
            General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

I am sorry, but I think it is really naive to suggest that boycotting Turkish goods/services makes me feel better. If you re-read my previous post carefully, then you may notice that I didn't make any claims suggesting that a boycott of Turkish goods/services was going to make any difference in terms of harming Turkish economy or changing it's political regime. The scale of the campaign is too small for such things to happen (to my regret, of course. )
              You have probably never been to Hayastan then... right?

China is to the US as Turkey is to Armenia. Most of the garbage sold in stores and by vendors (especially low-price, low-quality crap) is Turkish made. It would be foolish to think that a campaign by Armenians against Turkish goods wouldn't have a negative impact on their economy.

And I personally (and unfortunately) spend several thousand dollars (per vehicle) a year on gas, not a penny of which goes to Turkey or Turkish oil. If I encourage 10 people with 1 car each to do the same I just caused a $30,000 blow to BP / Turkey / Azerbaijan. That isn't impossible. I have encouraged many people not to buy genocidal fuel. And most importantly tell someone at every opportunity why you DON'T buy genocical fuel...

Don't be foolish, it has an effect.

I once told some Armenians who owned an ethnic grocery store in a midwestern city that I would never buy their Turkish products and that anything they only had Turkish made inventory of, I would request that they bring Armenian brand as well. I even committed to buying 1 of each of those items every time I came in the store. I also made it a point to buy 1 of every other (normally stocked) Armenian product, even if I didn't like it I would give it to a friend or relative who would. This had a positive impact on the store owner, he saw that someone would always buy his Armenian products but refused to touch his Genocidal products, and he thus adjusted his purchasing policies. Here is proof that it works on a microeconomic scale for the average skeptic...

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
                Fellas, I hate to do this but let's please drop the issue, ok? You're both standup guys and let's focus our ire on genocide denial.
                This hasn't really come as a suprise to me...
                Asalafedaiwar is a very dear online friend of mine.( Now you know how he has end up here )...He is doing so much for our cause, for our nation both online and in reali life, spending significant amount of money out of his pocket.
                He even visited Moscow just a couple of days ago to arrange some more things for our cause there.
                And recently I have known SoSarkissian and even his wife! I don't know him the way I know Asala but as far as I can see they are very much alike! Sarkissian is doing in real life and online a lot for all of us as well..
                They are both young, patriotic, full of fresh ideas, devoted to our cause and "lucku nman shut varvogh" lol
                Btw..SoSarkissian has honoured me as PR officer of his website!
                No suprise they have this kind of "conversation " here.
                I am sure they will drop it now and our cause will only benefit from their friendship!
                Btw...I hope another guy will post here as well..Yeto! I told him yesterday about this forum, he signed up already.....Welcome Yeto!

Comment

Originally posted by SoSarkissian View Post

And SoSarkissian be a bit calmer next time when you talk to me!
                  mmm ... am I missing something here? what did you mean by when you talk to me! why should I? are you stating that you are higher class or position that I need to pay attention when I refer to you? get real please ... the most disgraced thing to me is when someone points himself as “someone and not anyone” …

By the way… everything you complained about in your post falls exactly on you. You're the one who took it seriously and you're the one who got offended and started to post in demanding tone to someone you don't know. I repeat; I’m a straight forward talker and logic is my base. When I see something far away from logic, I respond and debate, and that is the reason why we are all here ... got it?

and if you still have problems with the way I post here ... go ahead and report ... its on the bottom left corner of this post (the caution triangle)
                  Listen, I think you are over-sensitive. I don't have any problems with what you post here or whatsoever. You just allowed yourself to make some false suggestions about my knowledge of advertising and etc and you made those suggestions in an arrogant way, so I asked you to calm down a bit. I never put my self above anyone and never look down on anyone. I underlined that I appreciate your advice and recommendations, I just didn't like the part where you made absolutely strange comments about my advertising skills, because I never made any claims that I have got any skills in that subject. You could have said it in a different way.

You talked about the video being rubbish in terms of its content and etc, and I neither agreed nor disagreed with you on that. I just made it clear that it was not me who made it and that initially it was not intended to be promotional or whatsoever. I just saw a thread about boycottturkey.com and decided to include a link to that video and asked to circulate the link. That's it. I didn't say look what a great video I have got here, what a great video maker I am and you must all circulate the link and etc. If I made any claims like that, then I would have accepted your reaction to my post, but I talked in a different way with a different position regarding the video.

And I know that we should all debate, express ourselves, but there are different ways of doing it. If you don't know me, don't know what I do for my living, what I am good at and bad at, then I think you shouldn't pretend knowing me and most importantly you shouldn't judge me. If you were my father, my friend, my relative or if you knew me a bit, then I would have accepted your reaction, but when people talk to each other very first time and do it in an arrogant way I personally hate it. Joseph, for example, had similar views to yours and he made very diplomatic and intelligent comments without mentioning my personal skills or abilities, because simply it was the very first time when we talked.

And man, your comments about reporting you and etc. are just ridiculous. I mean , come on, I visit your website with a great pleasure, I recommend it to anyone I know. Moreover, some of the posters from the website will be used during the commemoration march on 23rd-24th in Moscow and
                  my friends made sure that everybody could see that they were taken from your website. I hope you wouldn't mind against such promotion, would you?

I don't want to argue with you. We had a disagreement and I explained you my view on it. Agree with it or disagree, I will not continue this argument for any longer. I think we all have more important things to do. Peace

Comment

Originally posted by Hovik View Post
                    You have probably never been to Hayastan then... right?

China is to the US as Turkey is to Armenia. Most of the garbage sold in stores and by vendors (especially low-price, low-quality crap) is Turkish made. It would be foolish to think that a campaign by Armenians against Turkish goods wouldn't have a negative impact on their economy.

And I personally (and unfortunately) spend several thousand dollars (per vehicle) a year on gas, not a penny of which goes to Turkey or Turkish oil. If I encourage 10 people with 1 car each to do the same I just caused a $30,000 blow to BP / Turkey / Azerbaijan. That isn't impossible. I have encouraged many people not to buy genocidal fuel. And most importantly tell someone at every opportunity why you DON'T buy genocical fuel...

Don't be foolish, it has an effect.

I once told some Armenians who owned an ethnic grocery store in a midwestern city that I would never buy their Turkish products and that anything they only had Turkish made inventory of, I would request that they bring Armenian brand as well. I even committed to buying 1 of each of those items every time I came in the store. I also made it a point to buy 1 of every other (normally stocked) Armenian product, even if I didn't like it I would give it to a friend or relative who would. This had a positive impact on the store owner, he saw that someone would always buy his Armenian products but refused to touch his Genocidal products, and he thus adjusted his purchasing policies. Here is proof that it works on a microeconomic scale for the average skeptic...
                    Yes, you are right, I have never been to post-soviet Armenia, so some of the things you said came as a relative surprise to me. And you made a lot of excellent points here. Just some questions I want to ask you, because it seems you have got some information regarding Armenian's dependency on Turkish goods.

Is there a real alternative to Turkish goods in Armenia? As I understand it, Armenian suppliers buy from Turkish suppliers because their goods have a better combination of price and quality (well, I am not sure about the quality). Another reason why they buy Turkish goods should be because of inability to produce certain goods domestically. Could you, please, just give me some basic information about what type of goods we import from Turkey? And taking into account the fact that the border between Armenia and Turkey is shut, how do they transport these goods? If they do it via Georgia, then I assume Georgia will add extra taxes on Turkish goods that are being transported to Armenia,and if so, are they still cheaper than, for example, domestically produced goods or goods imported from other countries?

Please, if you have any information share with me. I'd really appreciate it.

Comment

Asala,
                      I think most of these goods come from turkey via Iran, as regards the quality/price, the clothes you buy in London are probably made in turkey!
                      Labels don't always tell the full picture.
                      I remember when I was a kid, the label might say "empire made".....it could come from anywhere in the world.

Comment

Working...
                      X