Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

PLEASE CHECK OUT THIS SITE: http://www.boycottturkey.org/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE CHECK OUT THIS SITE: http://www.boycottturkey.org/

They might be on to something here.
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
    http://www.boycottturkey.org/

They might be on to something here.
    I actually bought two of their stickers for our cars, they're only $2 a piece and don't charge shipping. I suggest everyone buy one for every car and buy an extra to give a friend...

It's beautiful:

Comment

In addition to not buying Turkish products - I avoid buying Kosher or Israeli products at all costs. I even buy store brand orange juice to avoid buying Kosher. My reasoning: I'm not Jewish, so why do I need to pay extra for Kosher products. YES, you DO pay extra for Kosher products, they bring in a Rabbi to inspect the factories and this person gets paid by the food company to continue certifying their products as Kosher, and since I cannot follow the trail of funds I'm going to assume they could make it into the hands of Armenian Genocide deniers and revisionists...

Watch for: the "U" inside an "O" this stands for "Orthodox Union", also "Parve" here is an example of both in the same place:

Also watch for A "K" inside a triangle, meaning "Kosher"
      A "D" meaning Kosher Dairy
      A "P" meaning Kosher and ok for year-round consumption including during Passover.
      A "DE" meaning "Dairy Equipment" used in Kosher production...

Do not buy these products if you wish to economically squeeze countries that support Genocide and it's denial...

If your local markets do not carry a brand of each food type you buy that is NOT Kosher, then tell the manager you aren't Jewish and therefore would like a non-Kosher alternative...

Here is a different symbol for Kosher, can you find it?:

Yes this was it:

Another unique one:

Comment

some more..

Another:

I think you get the point, if not, heres a nice list:

Comment

Originally posted by Hovik
          I actually bought two of their stickers for our cars, they're only $2 a piece and don't charge shipping. I suggest everyone buy one for every car and buy an extra to give a friend...

It's beautiful:
          They also sell magnets for $1 each:

Comment

It's beautiful:
            Good idea. It would be great if they expanded this to the EU countries as well.
            General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

In addition to not buying Turkish products - I avoid buying Kosher or Israeli products at all costs. I even buy store brand orange juice to avoid buying Kosher. My reasoning: I'm not Jewish, so why do I need to pay extra for Kosher products. YES, you DO pay extra for Kosher products, they bring in a Rabbi to inspect the factories and this person gets paid by the food company to continue certifying their products as Kosher, and where do the funds of the synagog go? you got it, Armenian Genocide deniers and revisionists...

Watch for: the "U" inside an "O" this stands for "Orthodox Union", also "Parve" here is an example of both in the same place:

Also watch for A "K" inside a triangle, meaning "Kosher"
              A "D" meaning Kosher Dairy
              A "P" meaning Kosher and ok for year-round consumption including during Passover.
              A "DE" meaning "Dairy Equipment" used in Kosher production...

Do not buy these products if you wish to economically squeeze countries that support Genocide and it's denial...

If your local markets do not carry a brand of each food type you buy that is NOT Kosher, then tell the manager you aren't Jewish and therefore would like a non-Kosher alternative...

Here is a different symbol for Kosher, can you find it?:

Yes this was it:

Another unique one:
              Thank You!!! Finely!!!!, I’m glad some of you did wake up and started to see the truth.

Comment

There is a time and place for all this, but I would like to say this message isn't necessarily welcome in all situations.

I've seen people passing out "boycott Turkish products" fliers at Hrant Dink memorials. Seeing as that Hrant Dink considered himself a Turkish citizen and a champion for reconcilliation, passing out such fliers at an event in his memory was in very bad taste and totally unnecessary.

So if anyone decides to boycott Turkish products, remember that sometimes there are situations when it isn't appropriate to advertise or impose it on others.

Also, I'm having a little trouble making the connection between buying Kosher products and funding denialism.

Comment

Originally posted by Kharpert View Post
                  There is a time and place for all this, but I would like to say this message isn't necessarily welcome in all situations.

I've seen people passing out "boycott Turkish products" fliers at Hrant Dink memorials. Seeing as that Hrant Dink considered himself a Turkish citizen and a champion for reconcilliation, passing out such fliers at an event in his memory was in very bad taste and totally unnecessary.

So if anyone decides to boycott Turkish products, remember that sometimes there are situations when it isn't appropriate to advertise or impose it on others.

Also, I'm having a little trouble making the connection between buying Kosher products and funding denialism.
                  Finally a little bit of sanity. (We should at least show some resoect and conprhension of Dink's views). And while I very much understand why an Armenian would boycott Turkish products - and I would never suggest that anyone violate their convictions in this matter - in general I am not a fan of such boycotts for a variety of reasons. And specifically in regard to our approach to Turks I think that it is important that Armenians reach out to Turks and be less personally confrontational. I can't blame all the Turks of today for the Armenian Genocide or even for the policies of the Turkish government. And more can be gained by communication and teaching then negative rhetoric IMO. Anyway thats just me - but I understand why other Armenians feel differently....

Comment

Originally posted by 1.5 million View Post
                    Finally a little bit of sanity. (We should at least show some resoect and conprhension of Dink's views). And while I very much understand why an Armenian would boycott Turkish products - and I would never suggest that anyone violate their convictions in this matter - in general I am not a fan of such boycotts for a variety of reasons. And specifically in regard to our approach to Turks I think that it is important that Armenians reach out to Turks and be less personally confrontational. I can't blame all the Turks of today for the Armenian Genocide or even for the policies of the Turkish government. And more can be gained by communication and teaching then negative rhetoric IMO. Anyway thats just me - but I understand why other Armenians feel differently....
                    Good point Kharpert and 1.5 million. I understand both arguments well.

Comment

Working...
                    X