Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Another victory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and what did you think?

Comment

i did not want to believe the rape part especially. it was tough to watch and imagine those things happened. denying is so easy, but if it really happened, i am speechless. the soldiers were speaking Turkish and all, it seemed real,whomever watches would at least start questioning....

Comment

When I watched the movie, I did not cry at all. Like, when one of my cuzins saw it, she said that she cried a little bit and was very emotional during the movie and after the movie. Like the parts about massive killings and raping, burning etc.
        Not a single tear from me though. Omg, I kind of feel bad that I didn't get very emotional about it, but I was more shocked and angry at what was happening I'm just curious to know how u all reacted to the movie and to what was happening?
        I see...

Comment

Originally posted by SagGal When I watched the movie, I did not cry at all. Like, when one of my cuzins saw it, she said that she cried a little bit and was very emotional during the movie and after the movie. Like the parts about massive killings and raping, burning etc.
          Not a single tear from me though. Omg, I kind of feel bad that I didn't get very emotional about it, but I was more shocked and angry at what was happening I'm just curious to know how u all reacted to the movie and to what was happening?
          I couldn't watch the parts where they depicted the rape, and the brides being burnt, I had to look away. But same here, it was more anger than sadness.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants I couldn't watch the parts where they depicted the rape, and the brides being burnt, I had to look away. But same here, it was more anger than sadness.
            Oh, well I watched all the parts and did not look away once. Like I said, I think I was more shocked. Like.......how can people, human beings do that??? I was really shocked and mad. OMG.
            I see...

Comment

well sorry to get graphic here but this is for you too diskoleil. the soldiers did lots worse. a very well documented and common act during the marches was that the soldiers would cut open the wombs of pregnant women and kill the children and rape was so rampant that the women would bury themselves up to their neck in the sand so as to avoid being raped.

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian ..........very well documented and common act during the marches was that the soldiers would cut open the wombs of pregnant women and kill the children and rape was so rampant that the women would bury themselves up to their neck in the sand so as to avoid being raped.
                See, that's what I'm talking about. How can people actually do that? It SHOCKS the hell out of me.That's just sick. I don't get it. OMG. I am shocked, confused and mad. Human beings doing that? Omg.
                I see...

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian well sorry to get graphic here but this is for you too diskoleil. the soldiers did lots worse. a very well documented and common act during the marches was that the soldiers would cut open the wombs of pregnant women and kill the children and rape was so rampant that the women would bury themselves up to their neck in the sand so as to avoid being raped.
                  I just can't understand the reason for all these... Why the heck for are they killing those people in such ways? Are they ordered to do so, or are they completely insane? The person ordering these must be a mentally sick or blood thirsty person. What do they want from pregnant women even? Children? I do not know where to put all these...

There was one part in the movie that made me cry, the part that a young boy was killed and his watch was returned to his uncle, out of desperation and pain the uncle ran towards somewhere and he also got shot. <it was his uncle or brother cant remember well).

It is hard to believe human can do such violent things, such disgusting and sick things. I just could not believe it is my own people. It is just so very hard. And i have to admit that it is very difficult for me to accept those murders.

Can't imagine how it was to be like those who suffered all this horror... If i were there and survived i would have gone crazy i guess.

Comment

Astvatse Metse, lav e linelou!

I know , there are some ppl here that r not so religious....but i am ! And i always belived that we'll say the last word in all this, with the help of God.

Shnorhavor Sourb Tsnounde !!!!!!!

Comment

How very predictable.....And these people think they should join the EU. I personally think that the government never did intend to show the movie. Just some ploy they pulled in order to get visibility in the European community, and now they can all blame it on the radicals....toorkeroon radical@ vorn e?

CBC News, Canada
                      Jan 7 2004

Turkish release of Ararat postponed indefinitely

CBC News Online

ANKARA - The Turkish release of Atom Egoyan's Ararat has been
                      postponed indefinitely because the distributor fears violence from
                      the country's nationalist groups.

According to Turkish news reports, right-wing extremists have
                      threatened to prevent screenings of the film, which they consider
                      anti-Turkish propaganda.

The movie is controversial because its subject is the campaign from 1915 to 1923 to force Armenians from eastern Turkey that left 1.5 million people dead.

Turkey denies it attempted genocide, saying the death toll is
                      inflated and that the killings were the result of civil unrest.

Egoyan, who is based in Toronto, is of Armenian heritage. He has also directed films like The Sweet Hereafter and Exotica.

Turkey's government had approved the film for release after one
                      scene, which depicted Ottoman soldiers raping Armenian women, was cut.

Sabahattin Cetin, the owner of the company that bought the Turkish rights to Ararat, said in a television interview he would put off releasing the film.

"Would you want to watch a movie in a movie theatre that could be stoned or where there could be violence?" he asked.

He added that the government had offered to deploy police officers at theatres, which he declined.

Cetin said he had asked the leader of the far-right Nationalist
                      Movement Party, Devlet Bahceli, to convince nationalists to stop
                      their threats against the film.

But Bahceli said he never received such a request, and questioned Cetin's motives for trying to screen the film.

"It would be in our interest to investigate why a film that is
                      against the Turkish nation has been imported into Turkey," Bahceli
                      said.
                      Last edited by xBaron Dants; 01-08-2004, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X