Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Hello I am new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abdu79
    How are all of you?

I hope all are fine.

Actually i was on the net trying to get any information about Armenia, then I found this site .

I met around 6 people from Armenia working in Dubai, which is near my country, and really I found them very good people.

I tried once to go to Yerevan but I didn't find any friend to go with.

I hope i will go once.

Thank you.

Abdu
    Welcome to the forum Abdu, Glad you found us and joined. Actually we have a large Armenian community in Dubai (not just temp. workers), my wife's cousin moved his family there and works in tourism. I'm glad you are interested in learning more about Armenia. We have a very long history and ties and more recently friendship with parts of the Arab world. Therefore it is only natural that we should strive to know more about each other, travel to and spend time in each others countries and gain a greater understanding of each others cultures. Thank you for joining the forum, I look forward to seeing more of your posts. For some really great info on Armenia (including tourism and detailed site descriptions and photos) please see: www.ArmeniaPedia.org

Hovik

P.S. if you are still interested in travelling to Armenia, you don't need to wait for a friend, we have direct flights to and from Dubai and elsewhere. If you would like I can put you in touch (via e-mail) with some very reasonable (english-speaking) tour guides, just Private Message me for the info.

Comment

Hi, I'm new here.
      My name is Katya. I'm 17 years old. I'm a Russian Doukhorbor. I just recently leanrned about the genocide, and I'm interested in trying to help in any way I can. So far, I've been reading a bunch of biographies from our public library, but sadly, there are few.
      Does anyone have any suggestions in how I could start a movement?

Comment

Katya - welcome. I can't pretend to know a Doukhorbor Russian from a Muscovite (so please do tell...) but I applaud your interest in this very important historical issue with lessons for us all. The key at this point is education - for yourself and for others. So read what you can find - peruse the past posts here for instance..I also urge you to check out the talk pages on Wikipedia (even the article itself - though it is flawed) - and references. And participate in discussions (and ask questions) on this forum. And then talk to others about what you've learned and spread the word! ...that will be very helpful in and of itself. BTW - your English is quite good. There are Russian sources for Genocide discussion and analysis - but I suspect the majority you will find that is comprhensive and worthwhile is in English. Dadrian is the place to start - but there are many other studies as well. The Turkish scholar Tanar Akcam has written two excellent books and you also may want to check out "The Burning Tigris"

Comment

Hi,
          my name's Steve, I'm English and my wife Alina is from Yerevan. We have two beautiful children, Yelena (9 yrs) and Alex (6 yrs). They were baptised at Holy Geghard in September so you could say that we have 3 full and 1 honorary Armenian in our family.

I hope to be able to add perhaps a different dimension to the forum.

Thank you

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by steph View Post
            Hi,
            my name's Steve, I'm English and my wife Alina is from Yerevan. We have two beautiful children, Yelena (9 yrs) and Alex (6 yrs). They were baptised at Holy Geghard in September so you could say that we have 3 full and 1 honorary Armenian in our family.

I hope to be able to add perhaps a different dimension to the forum.

Thank you

Steve

Welcome to both Katya and Steve!
            General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Thanks for welcoming me.
              Actually, I'm from Canada, and I don't speak Russian (yet), so I think my english should be good.
              Thanks for the advice. I am reading up on everything I can find. Sadly, like I said earlier, our library (public and school) are really lacking in info about the genocide. I actually first heard about the genocide from a reader's Digest article. And what's sad more is when I questioned my history teacher about the genocide, she knew nothing about it.
              On the good side, I am trying to get people interested in helping me, and I have a friend who will help me in starting a movement in school.

Comment

Hello everybody. My name is Jessica and I am doing a project on the Armenian Genocide along with my friends for History Day. We are very interested in it and would like to know if any of you are armenian and have history in intrest of an interview with you. Thanks if you reply to this.

Comment

I was a member here about two years ago but I forgot my user name and password, so I'm back!

Comment

Welcome helen - looking forward to your contributions and perspectives.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                      X