Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What if ... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ardakilic View Post
    I didnot claim that i am an expert on Koran. If Islam is assumed to be "dangerous" all divine religions should be accepted as dangerous. And your last sentence: There is no verse in Koran, there is no sayings of prophet Mohammad about that issue.

Cant you see that you follow Kemalism as a religion? And no single word about erection of statues? Did you read all the book? Woow!

Tell me a single difference in mentality and ideology between Enver and Kemal? Who deceived you? So-called "Sun Language Theory"?

in hadis hoories are written. ı cant send a source now. you can find it in google.

they changed christianity to tame it. judaizm is followed by few people like 15 million. kuran cant be changed.it is an evil ideology. tell me just one country, including meleysiya, who can have some little democracy. you dont know islam. islam and democracy cant live together. do you know the real face of fehullah hoca.ı advice you to read it some more. ı cant read it. ı get very nervous and threatened.

ı did not say ı read the book of sevan. ı read his opinions in taraf newspaper. that was enough for me.ı wont read the book. you read kuran.

Comment

Originally posted by lal View Post
      in hadis hoories are written. ı cant send a source now. you can find it in google.

they changed christianity to tame it. judaizm is followed by few people like 15 million. kuran cant be changed.it is an evil ideology. tell me just one country, including meleysiya, who can have some little democracy. you dont know islam. islam and democracy cant live together. do you know the real face of fehullah hoca.ı advice you to read it some more. ı cant read it. ı get very nervous and threatened.

ı did not say ı read the book of sevan. ı read his opinions in taraf newspaper. that was enough for me.ı wont read the book. you read kuran.
      Yes as a concept hoory can be found in Koran and Hadiths. But "women in this real world will become hoories of the men"? You change the subject.

What is the relation between Fethullah and this hoory subject?

In the newspaper, he only writes about etymology. I implied his views about Kemalism.

And no single word again about statues and his dictatorship?

The only thing you do is getting angry and saying lots of irrelevant things but not showing a single evidence, even a single clue.

Comment

Arda, there are great problems in the Msulim culture, I'm with Lal there but when she thinks everything should be wiped out, I can't agree. Nevertheless, when she says that Islam and democracy can't go together, I have to agree to some degree with her. There are a lot of issues in the Muslim culture but Lal, you don't listen to me, A LOT HAS BEEN CHANGED just like Kemalism was born after Ataturk died. A father is not to blame if after all he has taught his children, they go and become loonatics. Every school of religion has it's fair share of problems but you can't fully blame the religion. Like I said before, there are LOT'S of great Muslims. They have read the same Kuran but have become great and respectful people. Can you explain why other Muslims became horrible men and why many many many others became great men? How did this happen? If you didn't understand something, tell me.
        THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post
          Arda, there are great problems in the Msulim culture, I'm with Lal there but when she thinks everything should be wiped out, I can't agree. Nevertheless, when she says that Islam and democracy can't go together, I have to agree to some degree with her. There are a lot of issues in the Muslim culture but Lal, you don't listen to me, A LOT HAS BEEN CHANGED just like Kemalism was born after Ataturk died. A father is not to blame if after all he has taught his children, they go and become loonatics. Every school of religion has it's fair share of problems but you can't fully blame the religion. Like I said before, there are LOT'S of great Muslims. They have read the same Kuran but have become great and respectful people. Can you explain why other Muslims became horrible men and why many many many others became great men? How did this happen? If you didn't understand something, tell me.
          Yes, there are huge problems with Islamic culture but similar problems occur in Christian culture or Patagonian culture. Personal hatreds cannot be generalized in absoluteness context.

And Saco Jan, Kemalism was born in Kemal's lifetime but intensified after his death. It is just the continuity of Ittihadism.

Even all Muslims in all over the world are so rude, so aggressive so bla bla, nobody can have a right to destroy Islamic culture (of course, same for other religions or beliefs or faithlessnesses).

Comment

Religion is not the problem.It`s how you interpret it.However it gets problematic when priests,imams and rabbis politicize their "holy" book and demands that "believers" must follow every word written in the bible,kuran and torah.I`m against all kind of extremes whether it`s religion or ideologi.And lastly, if I had to choose who I wanted to share my room with, I rather shared it with a moderate muslim than a "kemalist" or an islamic fundamentalist;with a moderate jew than a orthodox jew;with a moderate christian than a conservative christian.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandros View Post
              Religion is not the problem.It`s how you interpret it.However it gets problematic when priests,imams and rabbis politicize their "holy" book and demands that "believers" must follow every word written in the bible,kuran and torah.I`m against all kind of extremes whether it`s religion or ideologi.And lastly, if I had to choose who I wanted to share my room with, I rather shared it with a moderate muslim than a "kemalist" or an islamic fundamentalist;with a moderate jew than a orthodox jew;with a moderate christian than a conservative christian.

Just my 2 cents.
              How nice that somebody would want to share his/her room with me

I am not Kemalist and Islamist. Will you really share?

Comment

How nice that somebody would want to share his/her room with me

I am not Kemalist and Islamist. Will you really share?
                What?A Greek sharing sharing room with a Turk?No,no that is too dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandros View Post
                  What?A Greek sharing sharing room with a Turk?No,no that is too dangerous.
                  OK i see

Comment

OK i see
                    LOL.Just kidding kardes.

Comment

12- Start a student exchange program between Armenia and Turkey

this not need a lot of power to do it. actually we can build a brotherhood organization and use it for make some exchange programs. In first time maybe we cant make year change programs. it needs government support but in the other hand 4-6 week summer exchange programs only need a little money, time and work. I could be the first host family.

Comment

Working...
                      X