Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Pontian Genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sako
    replied
    Re: Pontian Genocide

I was reading through the recent posts in this thread. Interesting conversation. I don't want to barge in or anything, just want to talk about something Alex said real quick.

Having said that, all countries - more or less - have dark chapters in their history and which needs to be dealt with instead of trying to cover it up.
    Anyway, it is really sad that as soon as you point out the massacres against the Turks/Muslims some people get extremely defensive and starts to point the finger at other countries: "Hey, we were saints and they were monsters..."
    I completely agree with these two points (and many others I won't point out) and I don't think by doing so I end up being a bad Armenian or something like that, lol. I know the Turks have committed literally countless atrocities which they will have to face sooner or later, but they have also gone through their share of hell and I acknowledge that and think we all should. Which country hasn't? Some have simply gone through more or less pain but that doesn't make anyone's pain more/less important then the others. The only factor that makes someone's pain more serious then another's pain is if it hasn't been acknowledged or is being hidden. Otherwise pain is pain and loss is loss. If only 100,000 Armenians were massacred in 1915 instead of 1.5 million, would that change anything? I don’t think we would feel any better then we do now.

Like Alex said (and so have I on more occasions then I can remember), we all have done things we aren't proud of and only by facing our past will we be able to move on and form a better future. No country (including Armenia, Greece, and Turkey) in the world is an angel from heaven. None of us are clean in this world. If any of us were, we wouldn't be here...

We're asking the Turks to accept the AG but when it's our turn to accept what they've been through and I mean in a small thread, for crying out load, we immediately get defensive. I don't think it's hard to understand why though. Till now, the Turks haven't accepted anything and when some Armenians see others acknowledging their issues, they feel degraded somehow.

I accept this fact but I feel we have to get over that mentality because it doesn't get us anywhere. I used to feel bad at one point as well but soon realized it was just my ego talking. I didn’t see any point in feeling bad very soon. By acknowledging a dark chapter of Turkey’s history, we don't dis. our country. On the contrary, we take the higher road by doing so. We set an example for Turkey's New Generation. Do to others what you would want in return and even if they don’t, you will still win in the end. I'm saying all this because many Armenians are one-sided (mostly because we've gone through hell for many centuries, I don’t blame them) and not only when it comes to acknowledging a small chapter of history. We want others to do something for us and not do anything in return. Unfortunately that’s not how this world works (and I’d be pissed if everything was that way). There are many Armenians like this and I think we should change our attitude a bit. Of course, there are people like this everywhere but as an Armenian I'm only talking about my people.

Let’s remember that we’ve all made mistakes and look ahead of our false egos guys. It doesn’t bring us closer to our goals; on the contrary, it takes us further away from finally achieving them. I apologize if I said anything wrong.

Peace

Leave a comment:

• Alexandros
    replied

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
    Alexandre min les polla logia sta sxolia den didaskoun toulaxiston edw kai 15 xronia aftes tis sxxxes gia tis opies anaferese,episis kaneis den eipe oti oi tourkoi exoun ipostoi sxxxes esi o idios ksereis to ti kanane oi tourkoi pasades ston aplo lao i na pw gia tous xiotes p pigenan 2-2?
    Ti 8es na peis twra oti adiki8ikan oi tourkoi?vres m se parakalw p leei gia sxxxes ektos smirnis ?gia 8imisou tous germanous to ti kanane.
    So u people say that turks openly support muslims in albania and other parts of Balkans cause they feel sory for them?in reality they are turks.Ur nation views nothing les than 1 more exapnsion to others lands including Bulgaria Albania Thraci,its all part of the big picture,a dream for ur nationalists.
    Alexandors said about 1821 he did not give the right picture about what hapend,they had revolution they were mobs a first born nation slaves that rise its head against its master that for 400 years killed them and,all along the fights were with soldiers vs army
    dont forget Mesologi.if greece have done 1 time massacers turks did it in full bases in all rigions.its just for greece to react in that way or else why we call it revolution 1 action brings equal reaction.
    Alexandre min les polla logia sta sxolia den didaskoun toulaxiston edw kai 15 xronia aftes tis sxxxes gia tis opies anaferese,episis kaneis den eipe oti oi tourkoi exoun ipostoi sxxxes esi o idios ksereis to ti kanane oi tourkoi pasades ston aplo lao i na pw gia tous xiotes p pigenan 2-2?
    Ti 8es na peis twra oti adiki8ikan oi tourkoi?vres m se parakalw p leei gia sxxxes ektos smirnis ?gia 8imisou tous germanous to ti kanane.
    Actually the school books today in Greece do mention about these events that I mentioned in my post above.By the way, why can`t you write in English so that others also could understand what you`re saying?

Anyway, it is really sad that as soon as you point out the massacres against the Turks/Muslims some people get extremely defensive and starts to point the finger at other countries: "Hey, we were saints and they were monsters..."

To be honest, it reminds me of some Turkish nationalists who thinks that the Armenians, Assyrians, Greeks in Minor Asia got what they deserved because "they" collaborated with external powers in order to create their own countries...We all know that is far from the truth but I hope you understand what I`m trying to say.

So u people say that turks openly support muslims in albania and other parts of Balkans cause they feel sory for them?in reality they are turks.
    Don`t really know what you are trying to say here.You mean that the Muslims in Balkan countries are actually Turks or that the Turks in Balkan countries are actually Turks?Feel free to explain.

Ur nation views nothing les than 1 more exapnsion to others lands including Bulgaria Albania Thraci,its all part of the big picture,a dream for ur nationalists.
    Maybe so but let`s not get too schizophrenic about it because it will never happen.However you could find nationalism - more or less - in all countries.

Alexandors said about 1821 he did not give the right picture about what hapend,they had revolution they were mobs a first born nation slaves that rise its head against its master that for 400 years killed them and,all along the fights were with soldiers vs army
    dont forget Mesologi.if greece have done 1 time massacers turks did it in full bases in all rigions.its just for greece to react in that way or else why we call it revolution 1 action brings equal reaction.
    Even Kolokotronis mentioned about the massacres against the Turks in his memoirs.What really had happened was that the Turks of the besieged Tripolis negotiated with Kolokotronis and agreed to a surrender.
    However, the other Greek chieftains, fearing that they would loose the loot to Kolokotronis, stormed Tripolis and massacred the Turks to the man, without any order from Kolokotronis.

In his memoirs, he does point out:

"my hooves did not touch ground"

(because the streets were covered with the dead)

But its clear for the reader that Kolokotronis is not proud about the massacre.
    Last edited by Alexandros; 03-23-2009, 07:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pazooki
    replied

Originally posted by UrMistake View Post
    So u people say that turks openly support muslims in albania and other parts of Balkans cause they feel sory for them?in reality they are turks.Ur nation views nothing les than 1 more exapnsion to others lands including Bulgaria Albania Thraci,its all part of the big picture,a dream for ur nationalists.

Glad to have you back.

Where have you been?

Leave a comment:

• UrMistake
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Alexandros
    replied

Originally posted by scurtel
    hey greeks...

why dont u go to your room and cry then take a video that.. and talk about how bad turks are and how they treat you for centruy.

and put on youtube.. put potion genicde for topic ...and say turks did it.

and dont forget aliens genocide.. we did in 12 century for fun..or dont you create somehting like that yet?
    Very bad attempt to try flaming here.I give it a 3/10.

Leave a comment:

• Alexandros
    replied

Originally posted by merhayrenik View Post
    Alexandros I hope you stay in Europe and never go to Armenia. I also hope you never visit Greece so remove that flag from your avatar. Albanians occupy North Epirus, albanians stole Kosovo from Serbs, you are one selfish sick individual. Just because you have some seljuk mongol friends here doesn't mean you can falsify history. I'm sure Gorgona is very happy to see his flag on somebody's avatar who is defending the albo.
    Gorgona is probably a "she" and not a "he" but I could be wrong though.

Anyway, you seem to have a lot of anger my friend and that is not very healthy.Try to relax a little.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• merhayrenik
    replied

Alexandros I hope you stay in Europe and never go to Armenia. I also hope you never visit Greece so remove that flag from your avatar. Albanians occupy North Epirus, albanians stole Kosovo from Serbs, you are one selfish sick individual. Just because you have some seljuk mongol friends here doesn't mean you can falsify history. I'm sure Gorgona is very happy to see his flag on somebody's avatar who is defending the albo.

Leave a comment:

• Alexandros
    replied

Originally posted by hitite View Post
    Alex, see what I mean. Another example of "Genocide against the Muslim is A OK". Another Armenian who doesnt know he's a freakin TURK to his guts...
    merhayrenik doesn`t represent all Armenians but calling me "brainwashed..." did actuallly hurt my feelings.

Leave a comment:

• Alexandros
    replied

Serbs were defending their historical territories from the albanian muslims. The albanian muslims killed over a million Serbs with Nazi Germany, what about that? You're brainwashed by the western turko-albo loving media.
    Did you read my whole post?What I was trying to say that we Europeans(yes, I live in Europe) and USA, and to be honest other countries as well, could have prevented more genocides or massacres.The same could be said about the genocide against the Christians committed by the Turks.American and European diplomats were reporting about the genocide against the Christians(Armenians,Assyrians,Greeks...) and nobody did anything - DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I`M TRYING TO SAY?

Having said that, all countries - more or less - have dark chapters in their history and which needs to be dealt with instead of trying to cover it up.

When the Greeks,Bulgarians,Albanians,Serbs...were fighting for independence against the Ottoman Empire was that some Turks/Muslims were forced to flee to Turkey and others were massacred.The massacres against the Turks/Muslims in Tripolitsa in 1821 by the Greeks and the burning of the Bulgarian villages in the second Balkan war by the Greeks is something that is being mentioned in school books in Greece.But if you look at the bigger picture, the historical and cultural publications in Europe could have been better about what happened to the Turks/Muslims when the Ottoman Empire started to crumble.That is something that I agree with hitite.
    Last edited by Alexandros; 03-20-2009, 08:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• hitite
    replied

Serbs were defending their historical territories from the albanian muslims. The albanian muslims killed over a million Serbs with Nazi Germany, what about that? You're brainwashed by the western turko-albo loving media.
    Alex, see what I mean. Another example of "Genocide against the Muslim is A OK". Another Armenian who doesnt know he's a freakin TURK to his guts...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X