Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Letter from Prof. Ataov to US Senator about Armenian-Turkish issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Letter from Prof. Ataov to US Senator about Armenian-Turkish issue

Originally posted by Emrah
    You can’t be serious with the argument above. Turkish people were fighting for their country which was invaded and divided among Greece, Britain, Italy, France, Russia, etc. while the Armenians were trying to get a piece of Turkish lands as you put it so delicately. You cannot put Turkish and Armenians in the same category by any means.
    This is the root of your double standard: Turks have rights and Armenians don't. You say Armenians had no right to create their own country, by implying the Ottoman Empire was a multi-ethnic and equal society, but when it comes down to it, you believe Turks have greater rights than other groups. Your double-standard is evident to anyone who is reading this thread.

You did not have any lands. They were Ottoman/Turkish lands.
    Armenians had their own state for thousands of years. Just because a group of Oghuz tribesmen controlled the region for a few hundred years, doesn't make it "yours". Even as late as the 19th century, most of the land on the Armenian plateau was owned and worked on by Armenians. Armenians had the most businesses in the region. Armenians managed their own local economies. When the region fell under the control of Muslims (after WW1), it became the most backward region in the Middle East.

It is very interesting to see that you always come up allegations against Turkish state when it comes down to fanatics, but when it comes down to your fanatics, they are solely individuals. So, you are telling me that ASALA organized all those terrorist activities across the entire world without any help from Armenians. It is very hard to believe.
    You are avoiding the point: No single Armenian government body or Armenian organization supported ASALA. They were a secretive, underground group, who didn't even trust other Armenians. Thats actually part of the reason they broke up--- they didn't trust each other after a while.

On the other hand, most Turkish atrocities were committed with government aid. Again, as a PhD, you should be intelligent enough to know why this is a much more serious crime.

What does the above statement prove actually? I don’t see any “censored and tampered” in those sentences.
    Ataturk said "centuries-old accounts were being regulated". In English, "regulation" is a euphemism for tampering with something.

It says it was not easy to work with the Ottoman archives because they were old, confused, and rubbishy accounts, which is no surprise considering that hundreds of years of Empire was on the verge of collapse. That Turkish republic cannot be held accountable for past events, however Western countries made sure we paid for them. If it comes into, it only supports Turkish argument.
    There you go again with your double-standard: On the issue of paying for past crimes, Ottomans have no connection with modern Turks. However, when it comes to taking land, Ottomans ARE modern Turks. Its hard to have a discussion with someone who changes their mind from one comment to the next.

So, you and Armenian state are against these laws? You did not want them to be passed; you did not lobby for these laws to be passed. If that is the case, I have no problem
    The Armenian state CANNOT lobby for laws in France or Switzerland. Its irrelevant what the Armenian state thinks about the laws, since they played no part in the process. You are nit-picking. The fact is the Turkish state systematically brings people to trial for speech crimes, and no matter how many times you dance around that fact, the fact still remains.

Orhan Pamuk is a writer who sold his country for his personal interests. He wanted to get the Nobel, and he said things that would please you. He is a sold man in every way. Whenever somebody says or does things that Western countries like, they are rewarded. Nobel was the reward of Pamuk. What a shame!

I don't care what you think about Pamuk or other writers... You're dancing around the subject again. The fact is the Turkish state has systematically outlawed freedom of speech, and punishes people for speaking their minds. Plus, Pamuk and his Nobel Prize have no connection with Armenians or the Armenian state. You are making connections that aren't there.

You claim to be democratic, to be open to free thinking, and know democracy well. Yet, in every word I say, you are accusing me to have double standards, being non-intelligent (I have a PhD by the way), silly (my favorite one), a member of totalitarian society (you accuse a whole nation here), somebody who does not know anything about WW I. It is obviously clear that you cannot tolerate any opposing idea and you are certainly not democrat.
    Have I tried to stop you from expressing your ideas? No, I haven't. So don't accuse me of being "intolerant". You're making baseless accusations because you ran out of things to say.

Comment

Originally posted by may View Post
      Is barking from Turkey a reason to be charlatan? Then, what does barking from US and re-draw the boundaries of a region you have never seen, makes you?

Yes, this guy is a professor, and your un-recognition of him will not strip him off from his credentials. You may agree with him, or not, but I would like to know how he is well exposed as charlatan on what basis... Please enlighten me...
      Well I will say doesn’t mater wher he barks from, the fact he is barking is enough….
      LOL so what him makes a Professor? A degree from Syracuse UV ? Or the filth he has published and calls “books and booklets”? What is the point of historian who is intentionally alters History? Isn’t it enough to consider him a charlatan? Anyway words turk and professor together still give me a funny feeling

PS. I have seen the region may I re-draw the borders, please?

Comment

Originally posted by may View Post
        Bell, I'll still like to see the analysis of the letter. And, if you have time, why don't you give it a try and write something that will not lack what you think lacks in Ataov's letter.

I am not being sarcastic, if you think so. I really mean it.
        Why do you expect us analyze some untruthful, unhonest, primitive peas of grafomania created just with one purpose: to disoriented people. I wonder what your point is. Do you come her to proof that Armenians committed genocide against turks? Well you are in wrong place for such a purpose you must go to some turkish site for mentally disabled….

Comment

May is not a denier, Mukuch jan. Relax. We know him very well. He is away at the moment so he might not reply for awhile.
          THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Emrah View Post
            You can’t be serious with the argument above. Turkish people were fighting for their country which was invaded and divided among Greece, Britain, Italy, France, Russia, etc. while the Armenians were trying to get a piece of Turkish lands as you put it so delicately. You cannot put Turkish and Armenians in the same category by any means. You did not have any lands. They were Ottoman/Turkish lands.
            What made that country theirs (turks) in first place? Was it given them by God? Or maybe they lived there for millennias? Ottoman empire was an ugly state created on OWR lands (and also lands of Greeks, Arabs, Assyrians etc i am not even mentioning Balkan nations) after turko-mongol invasion... and now you bastard tell us we didn’t have any lands? Turks are nomads, where did you see nomads to own land? And surely do not compare nomadic tribes with owr 4millenia of civilization. WE ARE IN DIFERENT CATEGORIES!

Comment

Originally posted by Emrah View Post
              It is very interesting to see that you always come up allegations against Turkish state when it comes down to fanatics, but when it comes down to your fanatics, they are solely individuals. So, you are telling me that ASALA organized all those terrorist activities across the entire world without any help from Armenians. It is very hard to believe.
              Are you comparing a fascist state sponsored terrorism of turkey with the group of individuals who have committed few desperate actions? ASALA was created by worlds hypocrisy and turkish state ideology based on lies. It doesn’t exist anymore but turkish fascist state is still there!

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post
                May is not a denier, Mukuch jan. Relax. We know him very well. He is away at the moment so he might not reply for awhile.
                Saco, now may's a she. Isn't she?

Comment

Saco, now may's a she. Isn't she?
                  I don't see why. The name May suggests that a member is a girl but May isn't. The reason I was confused about YOUR gender Hrai is because of one of your posts . There's a difference!

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post
                    I don't see why. The name May suggests that a member is a girl but May isn't. The reason I was confused about YOUR gender Hrai is because of one of your posts . There's a difference!
                    I think may said she was a girl some time ago.

Comment

I think may said she was a girl some time ago.
                      I'd love to read that post.

Comment

Working...
                      X