Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Email from Turkish Coalition of America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email from Turkish Coalition of America

Alright well after i saw the Turkish Coalition of America advertising that the turkish archives are open and armenian archives arent, i sent them an email to their headquarters in Washington DC and got a response.

I urge all of you to email them as well at [email protected]

This is my original email.

You people should be ashamed of yourselves. Putting these ads everywhere.. Let me tell you that ARMENIANS WERE A STATELESS MINORITY. MEANING THEY HAD NO ARCHIVES.
    I got this response a couple hours later.

Tigran Hovhannisyan:

Thank you for your e-mail. Contrary to your claim, the Armenian Revolutionary Federation has archives kept in Boston. However, they are closed to the public. You will also find that there remain archives in Yerevan, as well as Jerusalem under the auspices of the Armenian Patriarchate.
    This in itself is a terribly flawed statement, I sent them a response a few minutes ago, pretty long, but worth reading.

To your claim, please read carefully:
    The Turkish archives covering the period of the Armenian Genocide are not opened to the public. They are only open to Turkish scholars and persons friendly to Turkey.

The Turkish archives have been closed so long that scholars have no idea of what is being, or has been, purged. Furthermore, the work of the Genocide was done under the aegis of the Committee of Union and Progress, a shadow government similar to the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, and in particular by its Special Organization (Teshkilat-i Mahsusa) under the notorious Dr. Behaettin Shakir who was sentenced to death in absentia by a Turkish court-martial following World War I. Will their records be opened? There is no talk of that.

Anyway what could possibly be of interest to the Turkish government, relevant to the Armenian Genocide, in the Armenian archives? Armenia was not even reestablished until 1918 after the Genocide has been effectively completed. Rather we already have the American archives, the American missionary archives, the British archives, the Russian archives, the Italian archives, and even the archives of the Germans and Austrians, the allies of the Turks.

Alright well lets explore some of your other counter arguments to the actuality of The Armenian Genocide in the following paragraphs.

"The Armenians were killed in a civil war, or an ethnic feud; it was not genocide."
    When the armed government of 25 million people turns on and attempts to exterminate an unarmed minority of three million old men, women, and children, it is hardly an "intercommunal struggle," "an ethnic feud," or "civil war"; it is nothing more or less than genocide. The Turkish government had a bureaucracy, tax money, an army, irregular troops, the local police, and special killing squads to carry out its mission. What did the Armenians have?

If it was a feud between Turks and Armenians, what explains the genocide carried out by Turkey against the Christian Assyrians at the same time? Furthermore, Turkish armies invaded the fledging Armenian Republic in the Caucasus inhabited by indigenous Armenians in order to wipe out not only Armenians in the Ottoman Empire but also Armenians who lived elsewhere.

"Why not leave historical questions to the historians? Why should the issue of the Armenian Genocide be fought out in the U.S. Congress, the European Commission, the European Parliament, or among world governments?"
    The Turkish government and its supporters have adopted the line of "leave Armenian history to the historians" because they do not have objective scholarship supporting their allegations and have resorted to propaganda. Currently, they are losing their propaganda battle. The issue of the Armenian Genocide is not a question of historical truth; that has been settled by historians. It is rather an issue of morality, legality and the acceptance of the truth.

History is too important to leave to historians. By leaving the Armenian injustice of World War I uncorrected, the stage was set for the Holocaust of World War II. The abandonment of the Armenians was not lost on Hitler. Hitler said before sending his troops into Poland, "Go, go kill without mercy. Who today remembers the extermination of the Armenians?"

"It is your word against ours."
    The Turkish government has confessed in earlier times. Prime Minister Damat Ferid Pasha placed the blame squarely on the Young Turk Party and held war crime trials in which the chief perpetrators were condemned to death.

PrinceAbdul Mecid, the heir apparent to the Ottoman Throne, said during an interview: "I refer to those awful massacres. They are the greatest stain that has ever disgraced our nation and race. They were entirely the work of Talat and Enver. I heard some days before they began that they were intended. I went to Istanbul and insisted on seeing Enver. I asked him if it was true and they intended to recommence the massacres that had been our shame and disgrace under Abdul Hamid. The only reply I could get from his was: 'It is decided. It is the program.'"

Mustafa Kemal Pasha (later surnamed "Ataturk") said in a 1926 interview with a Swiss reporter that "these holdovers from the Young Turkey. Party should be made to account for the lives of millions of our Christian subjects who were ruthlessly driven en masse from their homes and massacred. . . ."

And, of course, Hitler knew and drew a lesson from it. As he sent his Death Heads troops into Poland to start World War II, he said: "Go. Kill without pity. Who nowadays remembers the annihilation of the Armenians?"

Please read all this carefully and respond accordingly.
    Well I am waiting for a response to all of this. Lets see what they can say. If any of you guys manage to get a response post it up here : D

Re: Email from Turkish Coalition of America

Originally posted by Tiko310 View Post
    Alright well after i saw the Turkish Coalition of America advertising that the turkish archives are open and armenian archives arent, i sent them an email to their headquarters in Washington DC and got a response.

I urge all of you to email them as well at [email protected]

This is my original email.

I got this response a couple hours later.

This in itself is a terribly flawed statement, I sent them a response a few minutes ago, pretty long, but worth reading.

Well I am waiting for a response to all of this. Lets see what they can say. If any of you guys manage to get a response post it up here : D
    You won't get a reply, Edmond and I tried with Ergun Kirlikovali, I emailed hundreds of Turkish sites, the moment you disprove their claims, they disregard you and remove your posts, remember you are facing an organization that falsifies history for their own betterment, why would thheu change their ways, there is no profit in that

Comment

Tiko jan, do you REALLY THINK that they don't know they're wrong?!?!? Just answer this question.
      THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Unger, all im trying to do, is get a response from them.

After all these facts thrown at them, what else can they possibly say besides not responding. Its better than doing anything. Im interested in what they think.

And it depends on who you are talking about. A 15 year old in Turkey right now, might think that the Genocide really did not happen. The younger generations are confident it is all made up.

Comment

Unger, all im trying to do, is get a response from them.

After all these facts thrown at them, what else can they possibly say besides not responding. Its better than doing anything. Im interested in what they think.
          In that case, keep writing to them ! I just think it's a waste of valuable time. You could be doing much more important and fruitful activities...

And it depends on who you are talking about. A 15 year old in Turkey right now, might think that the Genocide really did not happen. The younger generations are confident it is all made up.
          We know all about that, don't worry. By writing to these bastards though, I don't think you'll be changing much. Pedro, Eddo, me and many others have tried dealing with these punks way before you even started, yekhpayr, and we know what it leads to...a dead ending. We saw that it's a waste of energy and soon realized what we should've been doing instead of trying to deal with these iliterate bastards. If you're just doing this to get responses from them then continue doing so, my friend, but if you really want to do something serious then you'll have to take a different approach...

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post
            In that case, keep writing to them ! I just think it's a waste of valuable time. You could be doing much more important and fruitful activities...

We know all about that, don't worry. By writing to these bastards though, I don't think you'll be changing much. Pedro, Eddo, me and many others have tried dealing with these punks way before you even started, yekhpayr, and we know what it leads to...a dead ending. We saw that it's a waste of energy and soon realized what we should've been doing instead of trying to deal with these iliterate bastards. If you're just doing this to get responses from them then continue doing so, my friend, but if you really want to do something serious then you'll have to take a different approach...
            If you write a letter tell them who they really are: religious extremists, genocide deniers, and haters of civil, political and religious freedom. Not that a letter will change their opinion...because if they had the proper capacity of objective thought they wouldn't deny the Armenian Genocide.

Comment

Originally posted by Palavra
              This is a lie. You should realy stop to use fake quotes.
              The Hitler statement, which Turkish propagandists have questioned, was authenticated by Dr. K.B. Bardakjian, at Harvard in 1985 from secret notes taken by German Admiral Wilhelm Canaris during Hitler's speech.

For more info, see K.B. Bardakjian, Hitler and the Armenian Genocide

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
                You won't get a reply, Edmond and I tried with Ergun Kirlikovali, I emailed hundreds of Turkish sites, the moment you disprove their claims, they disregard you and remove your posts, remember you are facing an organization that falsifies history for their own betterment, why would thheu change their ways, there is no profit in that
                Quoted for truth. You can't argue with people who are affraid of arguing.

Comment

You also have to remember, the Turkish government isn't standing alone in their denial. We aren't dealing with just one beast but rather a hoard of them.
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

You also have to remember, the Turkish government isn't standing alone in their denial. We aren't dealing with just one beast but rather a hoard of them.
                    If we unite in ONE place ... we will be able to stand up against these retards. That place will be here very soon. Just wait a little longer guys....

basically the armenian equivalent of the 'idiots guide to the AG'.
                    ...And it's made for idiots who deny the AG!!!

Do you guys understand that drawing flimsy parralels with Hitler for the purpose of illiciting sympathy will make recognition even more difficult where it matters i.e. Turkish public opinion?
                    ...Recognition even more difficult? Could it be any more difficult then it is now? Your gov. will never allow anyone to say anything. And what makes you think Hitler didn't say that? Before calling us liers, take look around your country and see where liers originated from...
                    Last edited by Sako; 05-13-2009, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X