Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Genocide

Mukuch and Alpixoid, you were diverting this thread, turning it into a playground for your little flame war. Stop now. If you have comments, send them to me in pm.
    Last edited by jgk3; 09-15-2009, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakamoz View Post

what did Enver Pasha do to be a traitor ?
      After he fled to Germany he was convicted of being a traitor by a Turkish court martial for usurping the power of the state and he was sentenced to death in his absence.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by alpixoid View Post
        ..This projects are going to make all of Kurdish people forget about Kurdistan....
        Yes, Project ATAK (Aerial Tactical Attack Kurdistan?)

AgustaWestland T129……looks like after the recent test flight it should be right on schedule in 2010 including the Unnecessary Turkish avionics and weapons copied from Northrop control upgrades.
        Do try to hit some real targets this time, not villagers.

Last edited by Eddo211; 09-29-2009, 05:04 PM. Reason: content
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

I remember that I told you not to response my messages..Its time you face Turkey became a superpower and deal with it..We are not a ship crowd that believes everything their leaders say..I did a research..Maybe you should do some before you talk about Chinese and Istanbul..If our ancestors were so barbaric why the Romanian Public welcomed us when we got Istanbul..And we didnt do nothing to the Emperor either..WE SENT HİM HİS xxxxİNG HOMETOWN WHERE HE WAS KİLLED BY HİS OWN PEOPLE..For the love of god do some research..Do some research about our history your history our history Chinese history Romanian history..If you read one thing about Istanbul you couldnt type the keyboard to write our ancestors xxxxing barbarians..PLEASE!!!I AM BEGGİNG YOU!!!!!
          Common Gunn, you cant be serious...LOL....your version of history stinks....
          Any high school student ( not Turkish) would laugh on it…

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
            Common Gunn, you cant be serious...LOL....your version of history stinks....
            Any high school student ( not Turkish) would laugh on it…
            The Romanian Public welcomed the Turks when they got Istanbul.... just like the Iraqi public welcomed the Americans when they got Baghdad. Tell me another bedtime story alpixoid.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I remember that I told you not to response my messages..Its time you face Turkey became a superpower and deal with it..
              ....Are you seriously comparing Turkey to China and the USA? Do you think before you hit "submit" on your replies? Since you supposedly like research so much, let's take a look at the numbers that data/research yields (all information curteousy of CIA World Factbook):

GDP (purchasing power parity):

Turkey - $902.7 billion (2008 est.)
              China - $7.973 trillion (2008 est.)
              America - $14.26 trillion (2008 est.)

GDP - real growth rate:

Turkey - 1.1% (2008 est.)
              China - 9% (2008 est.)
              America - 1.1% (2008 est.)

Unemployment rate:

Turkey - 10.7% (2008 est.)
              China - 4% (2008 est.)
              America - 7.2% (December 2008 est.)

Population below poverty line:

Turkey - 20% (2008 est.)
              China - 4% (2008 est.)
              America - 7.2% (December 2008 est.)

Manpower available for military service:

Turkey - males age 16-49: 20,213,205
              China - males age 16-49: 375,009,345
              America - males age 16-49: 72,715,332

Manpower reaching militarily significant age annually:

Turkey - male: 692,592
              China - male: 10,621,373
              America - male: 2,196,124

(...aaaand just for good measure...)
              Literacy:

Turkey - total population: 87.4%
              China - total population: 90.9%
              America - total population: 99%
              Armenia (just for the hell of it) - total population: 99.4%

Wow! No WONDER you guys don't know what you're talking about. You can't READ! Don't tell me even an impoverished, "3rd World country" like Armenia has more literate people than your "superpower" nation of Turkey. In fact, we're a tiny hair behind the USA. That's rather interesting.

Also keep in mind that most of this data comes as of December 2008, during several months of recession for America, thus the low growth rate and higher than usual unemployment percentage. Yet despite this, Turkey is still no where NEAR catching up to these superpower nations economically, and economy is a key factor/component to being considered a "superpower". Christ, there are companies in the US and China that make more profits than your ENTIRE NATION'S GPD!!

So...have any other theories on what makes Turkey a "superpower" to you?

We are not a ship crowd that believes everything their leaders say..I did a research..Maybe you should do some before you talk about Chinese and Istanbul..If our ancestors were so barbaric why the Romanian Public welcomed us when we got Istanbul..And we didnt do nothing to the Emperor either..WE SENT HİM HİS xxxxİNG HOMETOWN WHERE HE WAS KİLLED BY HİS OWN PEOPLE..For the love of god do some research..Do some research about our history your history our history Chinese history Romanian history..If you read one thing about Istanbul you couldnt type the keyboard to write our ancestors xxxxing barbarians..PLEASE!!!I AM BEGGİNG YOU!!!!!
              You came on here basically telling everyone you knew NOTHING about your own country's history, as well as ours, STILL displaying you haven't learned anything, and you have the nerve to tell someone else to do research? Let's review your "I don't believe everything the Turkish government tells me" research, shall we?
              • You said at point blank range that you had never known there was a rivalry between Armenians and Turks, or that anyone hated the Turks, until learning about SOAD.
                Can you explain to me how it is possible for a Turk who claims to do research to NOT know about this problem? It has only been your biggest political plague for almost 100 years now. How is it possible to not be aware of it at all, no matter what your opinion of it is?

• Despite saying you had never heard of the Armenian genocide until just now, you confidently claimed no genocide had taken place.
                Where exactly did you do your supposed research before reaching this conclusion? If you don't believe everything your government tells you, than why is everything you spew about your history only found in Turkish propaganda?

• You claimed your Mongolian ancestors "decided" to come live with us....peacefully....and that aaaaall those ancient Anatolian peoples just "voluntarily" decided to become Turkish citizens for no apparent reason.
                So....your ancestors came from 1000s of miles away, and "peacefully" built an empire on the lands of nations and peoples who had lived their for 1000s of years? No one objected to giving up their lands, and becoming citizens of a made up, makeshift "ethnicity"? How you came to this conclusion, or how this makes any sense to any human being with an ounce of rationality is beyond comprehension.

• You claimed that Ataturk was a peace lover, despite his continuation of the pan-Turkic dream by continuing the CUP's abuse towards Greeks and Armenians, as well as the mistreatment of the Kurds.
                Try to take an unbiased look at Ataturk's track record from non-Turkish sources for once, and see what you think of your "hero" then.

• Turks today don't hate Armenians; it is only the Armenians who have been "brainwashed" into hating Turks.
                Apparently, you haven't looked around very many Armenian and Turkish message boards, or even on YouTube comments for Armenian videos that are COMPLETELY unrelated to the genocide. Turks purposely search for Armenian videos just to comment about how they killed our grand parents, and they're going to do it again. Sound like peaceful, loving people to you?

• You believed the Turkish government when they claimed China is committing genocide against your Uighur ancestors.
                This is based on what, exactly? What "genocide" do you know of where only 200 people of the ethnicity being massacred die? Especially when the supposed perpetrator of said genocide is a nation as strong as China? Today, your government claims that "ONLY" 300,000 Armenians died, and STILL claims this was just "inter communal fighting", and not genocide, yet they believe 200 deaths of their "fellow brothers" was genocide? Are you seriously that stupid to believe this crap?

I could go on with examples of your ignorance, but the list would be endless. The very obvious point (which I'll have to point out to you since apparently the obvious is over your head) is that you possess ZERO knowledge about anything you have spoken of on this site. You have strong opinions about things, but you have absolutely no substantiated facts to back them up with. You CLAIM you're not a bunch of sheep that believe everything your government tells you, yet EVERYTHING you have said so far on this site is Turkish propaganda verbatim. Even your average Turkish nationalists at least TRY to make their lies a bit more believable, so this has nothing to do with you being a Turk. This is just a matter of you're an idiot, period, no matter what nationality you are. So for the sake of saving what little dignity you have left, please do NOT tell others to do research when you have blatantly displayed that you have done ZERO research yourself. Just be quiet, read and learn. In other words....

STOP BEING SO TURKISH!!!! I AM BEGGING YOU!!!!
              Last edited by Crimson Glow; 09-29-2009, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakamoz View Post

Dear Alevi

What Alevi Turks/Kurds have done for their counrty up to today ?

One cannot consider the country his own if he is discriminated and persecuted in it. I am not even talking about ethnical cleansings. Kurds and Alevis have no country. If they would have one they would be not less patriots than you are. If you are...

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Glow View Post
                  GDP (purchasing power parity):

Turkey - $18.77 billion (2008 est.)
                  China - $7.973 trillion (2008 est.)
                  America - $14.26 trillion (2008 est.)
                  Crimson you made an error. For the sake of accuracy please note:

Turkey GDP (ppp) - $902.7 billion (2008 est.)
                  Armenia GDP (ppp) - $18.77 billion (2008 est.)

This correlates to Turkey being about 50 times bigger than the Armenian economy. To gauge just how big this difference is, China is roughly 9 times and USA 16 times bigger than Turkey's economy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jos View Post

This correlates to Turkey being about 50 times bigger than the Armenian economy. To gauge just how big this difference is, China is roughly 9 times and USA 16 times bigger than Turkey's economy.
                    So what? I guess there are 50 times more donkeys as well
                    If you love so much statistics try to compare the GDP of Israel with overal GDP of suraunding it Arab countries
                    It is more than 1 to 100
                    Last edited by Mukuch; 09-29-2009, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jos View Post

Oops, my fault. I didn't think I even had a window open for the Armenian stats when I was doing everything other than the literacy stat. I thought that seemed off. I was expecting it to be clearly lower than China and the US, but that was ridiculously low. Anyhow, it is corrected in my post now.

As to Turkey vs. Armenia economically, it is irrelevant to this discussion. For starters, no one claimed Armenia to be a "superpower". Secondly, Armenia is a fledgling nation at this point. It has only been independent almost exactly 18 years (since Sept 21, 1991) after nearly 70 years of communist Soviet rule. It's going to be a loooong time before we can access just how well Armenia is going to fair. HOWEVER, there IS an interesting little stat showing it may be heading in a positive direction:

GDP - real growth rate:

6.8% (2008 est.)
                      13.8% (2007 est.)
                      13.2% (2006 est.)

Even in this tough global economy, Armenia has still managed to make a significant growth in GDP. In fact, it's well above what Turkey, or even America were able to produce, and isn't too far behind China, even.

Comment

Working...
                      X