Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Bloody Turk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloody Turk!

I have my opinions about this article by leftist Mr. Cengiz, which I will disclose later. I think this is an opinion many Turks share and its contemporary quality begs to be addressed. I hope it wont turn into a question of which came first, the chicken or the egg, because I believe there's an understanding that could be reached by broadening the Turkish view of the Armenian diaspora. Its obvious that they don't fully know us, other then our political action committees.

Bloody Turk!
    by
    ORHAN KEMAL CENGİZ

I am not a religious person. I am not Kurdish. I am not gay. I am not Christian. I am not Armenian. I am not Roma. But I have spent all my life defending these people's rights.

Today's interactive toolbox

I am a human rights defender. When I describe myself, I say I am a human rights defender, a lawyer and a writer. It was during my first time in London in 1998 that I realized, no matter what I do, I was a “bloody Turk” for some people. Ironically, I was working for the Kurdish Human Right Project there, and we were taking cases to the European Court of Human Rights, as a result of which I felt deeply threatened by the deep state elements in my country. When I met with the Armenian community in London, I turned into a representative of Turkey. It was the first time my “Turkishness” took precedence over all my qualifications.
    Massacres of Armenians were orchestrated and organized by the Committee of Union and Progress (CUP) -- which came to power through a military coup -- while the Ottoman Empire was falling apart. After these massacres and as a result of the lack of confrontation with our past, the CUP and its gangs changed their format and turned into the “deep state” in Turkey. These deep state elements continued their massacres and manipulations and drenched Turkey with blood during the Republican era. We have these deep state elements, but we also have many people fighting against them with or without knowing the history. The Ergenekon trial, in this sense, is a turning point in this endeavor in Turkey. You can think of the Ergenekon gang as the armed wing of the CUP in today's Turkey.

The massacres of Armenians were carried out by a certain mindset, by a political movement. Unfortunately, this political movement also created the official Turkish history, one in which there is no place for Armenians. And the state is in complete denial of what happened in Turkey in the past. This denial unfortunately gives strong support to a racist approach toward Turkey and its people.

I was in Toronto last year attending an extremely interesting course on genocide. For two weeks we went into all the details of different genocides that took place in various parts of the world. All lecturers gave exemplary presentations, and I felt I had really learned something. However, I also realized that there was a fundamental difference in the way in which the Armenian genocide is being handled. When we spoke about the Holocaust, we spoke of the Nazi regime; when we discussed the genocide in Cambodia, we talked about the Khmer regime; when it came to the Armenian genocide, though, we only heard the word “Turks.”

Complete and blanket denial feeds complete and absolute labeling. This is a vicious circle. It is very unfortunate that some Armenians, while believing they are seeking justice, have turned into hopeless racists. They do not want to believe that there are many good people in this country. They do not want to remember that there were also Turks who lost their lives while trying to protect Armenians. They hold tightly on to this image of the “bloody Turk.” Every Turk, every individual living in Turkey, is just a murderer for them.

The pathology of amnesia and the pathology of blind hatred are two sides of one coin. They both serve the same purpose: Both leave Turks and Armenians as deeply neurotic people.

In the midst of all this madness, Hrant Dink was a safe haven of reason, wisdom and compassion. He had a deep understanding of Turkey and the trauma we have been suffering for so long. He was killed because he was the hope in the face of this madness. He could have been killed by an Armenian racist. But instead, he was killed by Turkish racists, of course, under the guidance of the deep state. Dink was a bloody Turk for Armenian racists and an Armenian traitor for racist Turks. He was a dangerous figure for all who wanted to continue this vicious circle of hatred. During his funeral, we chanted, “We all are Hrant Dink.” We all need to be Dink if we wish to contribute to reconciliation. I bow respectfully before his memory.

18 September 2009, Friday
    Last edited by Gavur; 09-17-2009, 08:44 PM. Reason: Add URL and pic.
    "All truth passes through three stages:
    First, it is ridiculed;
    Second, it is violently opposed; and
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Re: Bloody Turk!

This is a well written article and i cant help but think of muckuch and similar types of people when the author talks of "It is very unfortunate that some Armenians, while believing they are seeking justice, have turned into hopeless racists. They do not want to believe that there are many good people in this country. They do not want to remember that there were also Turks who lost their lives while trying to protect Armenians. They hold tightly on to this image of the “bloody Turk.” Every Turk, every individual living in Turkey, is just a murderer for them."
    This article is a great example of how hatred clouds ones judgement. If a regular joe wants to keep his clouded judgement and make decisions based on it thats fine but not when that joe is runing a country.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Well, there are more things about this article I disagree with then what I agree.First off its overall tone puts the victim (which is us ) in a defensive position, BY GENERALIZING US ! whether or not that was the intended affect is a secondary question.
      First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Originally posted by Gavur View Post
        Well, there are more things about this article I disagree with then what I agree.First off its overall tone puts the victim (which is us ) in a defensive position, BY GENERALIZING US ! whether or not that was the intended affect is a secondary question.
        "First off its overall tone puts the victim (which is us ) in a defensive position, BY GENERALIZING US !" whether or not that was the intended affect is a secondary question.

Then, you must find a way of mentioning the very fact in which he is COMPLETELY RIGHT.

I guess the following may help you a little bit. This time I am generalizing the Turks. There is no faul in the story right now. At least this time we can focus on the primary question.

Many Turks who know and understand what happened in the past get somehow EXTREMELY disturbed when they interestingly start to think that they are generalized as BLOODY TURKS whatever they do and think and whoever they are.

They guy has a very very good point. He is labelled as a traitor at home. He is labelled as the bloody Turk by the representators of the very people he is fighting for. Yet, for you he is not right since he makes generalizations.

I am sure that these people are seeking Hrant Dink much much more as they think they are generalized as the bloody Turks. If I were some kind of a decision maker in the deep state in Turkey, I'd definetely make my citizens see and read much about some of the views of your political action committees.
        Last edited by firat; 09-17-2009, 11:38 PM.

Comment

As far as P.A.C's go ,no one can come close, in terms of money spent, and creating covert operations.Such as the Turkish leaders of the diaspora crime syndicates tahat is under the umbrella ATA or TDC, that's in cohorts with some unethical US government officials both for their illegal activities and the suppression of the truth.

He's good in one sense , as he trashes the 301 by mentioning ARMENIAN GENOCIDE.

Suppression of truth in this criminal state that's called TR have created knowing and unknowing followers of this deception.

If the denial of the Genocide wasn't institutionalized in Republic Turkey since its inception, the generalization of the "Bloody Turk" wouldn't have been necessary. BTW it's not just the way the "Turkish state" has treated its Armenian citizens have caused it to gain this title, as you know there's track record of other instances, too long too list here and now.
          First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            This is a well written article and i cant help but think of muckuch and similar types of people when the author talks of "It is very unfortunate that some Armenians, while believing they are seeking justice, have turned into hopeless racists. They do not want to believe that there are many good people in this country. They do not want to remember that there were also Turks who lost their lives while trying to protect Armenians. They hold tightly on to this image of the “bloody Turk.” Every Turk, every individual living in Turkey, is just a murderer for them."
            This article is a great example of how hatred clouds ones judgement. If a regular joe wants to keep his clouded judgement and make decisions based on it thats fine but not when that joe is runing a country.
            It is exactly written with that purpose so “your type of people" would think that way about "my type of people"

But I suspect you are really stalking me....

[COLOR="Blue"]
            The pathology of amnesia and the pathology of blind hatred are two sides of one coin. They both serve the same purpose: Both leave Turks and Armenians as deeply neurotic people.
            This is a classic example how even the most "open minded" turk tries to erase the difference of murderer and victim.

Comment

This author is a turck, he grew up in a society which decieved him and taught him lies. This man was smart enough to see through some of these lies and spent his life defending those whom the lies were meant to hurt. Yes this is a open minded turck and there is no deception here. I credit this man for keeping a open mind and making conclusions based on facts instead of propaganda. I would much rather sit down to dinner with him then u much.
              Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

As far as P.A.C's go ,no one can come close, in terms of money spent, and creating covert operations.Such as the Turkish leaders of the diaspora crime syndicates tahat is under the umbrella ATA or TDC, that's in cohorts with some unethical US government officials both for their illegal activities and the suppression of the truth.
                Absolutly agree...
                I think we must advise to your turkish friend whatch Sibel Edmunds testimony...

The following snippet is from a recent interview of Sibel Edmonds by Brad Friedman. Brad Friedman: (24.30min) One of those folks is actuall...
                Last edited by Siggie; 09-19-2009, 09:35 AM. Reason: insult deleted

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuch View Post
                  Absolutely agree...
                  I think we must advise to your Turkish friend watch Sibel Edmunds testimony...

http://letsibeledmondsspeak.blogspot...s-hastert.html
                  Here's a new exclusive coming up by my courageous friend Sibel.
                  Please disseminate "mainstream media" wont cover something this hot

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

Friday, September 18, 2009
                  Exclusive Interview with Sibel Edmonds by The American Conservative Magazine

‘Who’s Afraid of Sibel Edmonds?’

The new issue of The American Conservative Magazine with a cover story on my case and an exclusive interview with me is now available. It is a ‘must read’ story exposing treason in high places.

Here is how the ACM describes it on their site:

There’s a new issue of The American Conservative going to press today, and it includes a story that will make more than a few congressmen and foreign lobbyists intensely uncomfortable: an in-depth interview between Phil Giraldi and FBI whistleblower Sibel Edmonds. She tells us exactly how Turkish intelligence have penetrated national secrets, suborned government officials, and blackmailed Congress. It’s going to be explosive.

This new issue is currently available to subscribers online at: http://amconmag.com/. The print copy will be out early next week.
                  Last edited by Gavur; 09-18-2009, 03:05 PM. Reason: Add URL
                  First, it is ridiculed;

Comment

When I read ' deep state ' I gave up to reading this article.

Personally, I don't believe ' deep state ' paranoia, If it really exited, they would kill mnore many people.

Hrant Dink was killed by idiot-ignorant racists that was not a deep state.

If you continue to call such crime syndicate as ' deep state " , they will be aggrandized.
                    That is absolutely wrong.

And the another mistake is, this guty doesn't know ' Committee of Union and Progress (CUP) ' they can be considered as a step for republican improvement for Turkey, their movement was against to ' monarchy ' They made a great step for parliamentary system so the democracy of course. Turkish-Armenian ethnic tension can't be tied only CUP and their actions. The problem goes more before. This is the second mistake, that I don't agree.

---------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                    X