Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What Happens Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happens Next?

As April 24 approaches again I am left with one thought - what happens next? What if the Armenian genocide is accepted by Turkey? What then? What force do Armenians unify against? It seems the genocide has acted as the reference point which Armenians young and old, east and west, from Ethiopia and Zimbabwe, to England and France, to Canada and U.S., all rally around. Take that away, and you take a major part of Armenian national consciousness. And when that happens, what's next? It seems there won't be any more reason for some to be 'Armenian' when there is no goal of great magnitude ahead.
    Achkerov kute.

Well lets not go and forget the fact that we have an independant country in need of much support.

Comment

That doesn't really answer the point I raise. The idea of the Genocide at this point is more powerful than the existence of the current country, as even this country is subordinate and a product of the genocide. What then? It wasn't a country that the genocide sought to destroy, it was a people and a culture.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

When the genocide issue is taken care of attention will be focused on Armenia, that will be the unifying point, why is tha tso hard to understand. Do you think that is healthy when a historical issue is more important for a big part of a population than an existent independant nation that desperately needs all the help it can get to survive and insure that nothing like genocide ever happens again.

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian
          When the genocide issue is taken care of attention will be focused on Armenia, that will be the unifying point, why is tha tso hard to understand. Do you think that is healthy when a historical issue is more important for a big part of a population than an existent independant nation that desperately needs all the help it can get to survive and insure that nothing like genocide ever happens again.
          I think you entirely misunderstand the point of my discussion. It has nothing to do with the country at hand. I am speaking specifically about the Genocide, and its unifying power that has added to the national consciousness of Armenians.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

i understand what youre saying. and i agree. im just saying dont be too pessimistic, when it gets recognized that unifying power will go to our nation and the survival and welfare of the nation will be on the top of the list of every diaspora organization and every diasporan and hopefully will be able to unify as well as the genocide issue has been able to for 90 years.

Comment

i understand what youre saying. and i agree. im just saying dont be too pessimistic, when it gets recognized that unifying power will go to our nation and the survival and welfare of the nation will be on the top of the list of every diaspora organization and every diasporan and hopefully will be able to unify as well as the genocide issue has been able to for 90 years.
              It's not about pessimism. Pontificating that somehow the unifying power of the country will take over the masses of diaspora is nothing more than a guess. Plenty of Armenians having been born and grown up in the diaspora might not identify with the mother country as you and I do, but they all identify with the genocide. Thus the genocide serves two purposes: first, as an idea it creates a rallying point for Armenians internationally to unify under; second, it serves as an obstacle that creates a need for action and a goal.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                It's not about pessimism. Pontificating that somehow the unifying power of the country will take over the masses of diaspora is nothing more than a guess. Plenty of Armenians having been born and grown up in the diaspora might not identify with the mother country as you and I do, but they all identify with the genocide. Thus the genocide serves two purposes: first, as an idea it creates a rallying point for Armenians internationally to unify under; second, it serves as an obstacle that creates a need for action and a goal.
                You're right, but what can we do?
                But look at the jews, most of them havent been born in Israel but look how strongly all of them support it. It is on the front of all of their agendas and they are getting their respective nations to support Israel both politically and financially. That should be a model for us.(minus the crazy arab terrorists)

Comment

You're right, but what can we do?
                  But look at the jews, most of them havent been born in Israel but look how strongly all of them support it. It is on the front of all of their agendas and they are getting their respective nations to support Israel both politically and financially. That should be a model for us.(minus the crazy arab terrorists)
                  But see, Israel is merely an extension of the Holocaust. It is the rallying point of Jews. Their Holocaust has been accepted a long time ago yet they continue to perpetuate it and disseminate it, and we always here of it endlessly and it is illegal to question it in Europe, and that is how they maintain unified under that idea. Will the Armenian genocide take a similar path if it is accepted? Will it become institutionalized like the Holocaust?
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Why not, it shouldnt be a main focus nor a defining aspect of our nation or people but it should still be a noted part of our history.

Comment

Working...
                    X