Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What Happens Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I havent caught in ''wrong winds'' i am aware of what i am talking about very well and i am simply expressing what the majority of the true Armenian people wish.We didnt just ''once'' occupied that lands,as you claim , but we have been living there since ancient times, hence it is our divine right to take what is ours.Armenia isnt a free country 90% of our country is still under Turkish occupation.
    Our main purpose is and will always will be the liberation of Armenia. Of course nobody excpects Turkey to just give us our lands , we will fight , like always we did, to take them back and it is our duty to fight for it for the sake of all the people that died for this nation.Justice will take place by making our country free , unless if you and other people like you will just comfort themselves simply by the recognition of the self evident.
    I honestly beleive that if the Armenian people of diaspora don't forget who they are , if we stay united and organize ourselfs correctly then it is very likely to achieve our goal.
    We should not understimate our strenght and influence , after all if we were insignificant they wouldn't ethnic cleanshed us.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Brigade
      I havent caught in ''wrong winds'' i am aware of what i am talking about very well and i am simply expressing what the majority of the true Armenian people wish.We didnt just ''once'' occupied that lands,as you claim , but we have been living there since ancient times, hence it is our divine right to take what is ours.Armenia isnt a free country 90% of our country is still under Turkish occupation.
      Our main purpose is and will always will be the liberation of Armenia. Of course nobody excpects Turkey to just give us our lands , we will fight , like always we did, to take them back and it is our duty to fight for it for the sake of all the people that died for this nation.Justice will take place by making our country free , unless if you and other people like you will just comfort themselves simply by the recognition of the self evident.
      I honestly beleive that if the Armenian people of diaspora don't forget who they are , if we stay united and organize ourselfs correctly then it is very likely to achieve our goal.
      We should not understimate our strenght and influence , after all if we were insignificant they wouldn't ethnic cleanshed us.
      Perhaps you miss the point, but I will restate it. You can occupy the land for a million years, it doesn't mean its yours. The past is not necessarily the determining factor of what the future will be. Stop living in the past. Too many Armenians live in the past and are stuck in time. I know Armenians lived there for thousands of years, but now that isn't true. They were forcibly removed and wiped out. Boundaries and borders change over time, and history is not static, it is a process, not a point in time. Thus for you to proclaim that once Armenians lived there, therefore it is their lands now, you are mistaken. If you want those lands you take them back by force. No land in any part of the world is written with peoples names on it, but it is peoples themselves when they occupy it, giving it meaning and attach importance and association to those lands. Second, the Armenian population in Armenia is not enough to replenish those lands, and is experiencing a population implosion. Regarding the Armenians in the diaspora, how many of them have told you they want to return to Armenia, much less "reclaim lost lands" or fight? You see, assimilation and integration is already upon the Armenian communities in the diaspora and it is a matter of fifty to a hundred years before they are submerged. The population in Armenia is simply not enough. Now before one jumps to nice patriotic-nostalgic hymns, at least one should consider the realities.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Turkey is really sly, and they constantly make us look like the bad guy. If we fight for our lands back we'll lose all support we've gained from other nations. What I think should be done is to get them to recognize the genocide, if they don't screw it.
        The best revenge is to become better than your enemy. Not necessarily hurt them in anyway.
        Armenia should become strong, and show Turks their EU/America ball sucking got them nowhere this whole time.

there's this forum I found called All Empires forum.

There are a lot of discussions about the Genocide between Turkish people and a couple Armenians. The Turks bring up facts like, they actually were helping us move out, and kurdish nomads attacked us on the way. And it was really an civil war. etc etc. You guys should check it out. The point is there's no arguing w/ them. They lie out of their ass and their good at it, then they try to provoke you to becoming angry and then say, "see how aggresive he is"
        They also say that Armenians killed just as many Turks.
        It's a whole lot of information to wade through. My point is check out a forum called ALL EMPIRES.

"If you have an enemy, do not requite him evil w/ good, for that would put him to shame. Rather prove that he did you some good. And rather be angry than put to shame..." Nietzsche
        Last edited by Thai-Samurai; 04-12-2005, 08:13 PM.

Comment

I dont miss any point.I am afraid it is you which is unable to understand what i just stated above.What is stated is absolutely logical , retaining the rest 90% of our lands back which IS our divine right since we were living in that place before less than 100 years , of course it is not going to happen tomorow or soon. We will have to make a longterm programing about it.I would like to make you sure that we dont live in the past quite the opposit we are trying to build our future.If you dont want to fight for your country then dont , nobody will force you to do so.

Every Armenian i have met in my life is dreaming about having his country back and i am convinced that most Armenians will fight for the cause.Although i havent met any American Armenians untill i joined this forum , American Armenians like you i assume.I am sorry if you and your likes dont agree but the vast majority of the Armenians would contribute and fight for their country to liberate it.

Now regarding about the issues you stated above , for example that the Armenians will assimilate in some years and that Armenian population is not as much Turkey's population is.

I beleive that with proper organizing it is very possible to prevent the assimilation of the Armenian people of diaspora.Diaspora is vital for our country and we can not afford to lose it and we won't.Secondly , i dont think i said somewhere above ''lets go and wage a war now against the Turks immediatly'' , it would be foolish since Armenia is not ready for such step, yet.

So to be more spesific my suggestion is that we should make a longterm planing , so one day perhaps our kids or grandkids will be in the position to be able to get the rest of our homeland back.Dont forget that we dont live in the Mediveal times where the Larger Army wins the war ,in this case Turkey has a larger Army.For example the Zionist movement, which had less people in its ranks than its opponents, is the perfect example of perfect organizing of the jewish people in their attempts to take their homeland back.So do not have the impression that we are talking about something imposible here but the opposite , its something which makes absolute logical sense.

Now about you and about the likes of you , you dont need to be panicked since fighting does not neceserily means fighting with guns in Anatolia , you can also fight with your pen or with your pocket and contribute with other ways which are very important as well.

Comment

Wow - I find myself actually agreeing with pretty much all Mouse has to say in this thread...just what is the world comming to?

Actually I have read much of the past forum commentary on the Genocide and regarding attitudes towards Turks and various and actually think that Mouse has expressed some (surprisingly) decent views. So don't say that I wont give credit when/where its due eh....

Comment

Originally posted by Red Brigade
              The reason that Turkey was afraid all these years to recognise the Armenian Genocide , is because we will after ask our lands back which is our divine right.

So when they finaly recognise it, then it will just begin , because we will focus
              in what we already focused by asking Turkey to recognise the genocide which is to restore the glory of Armenia.

That is why is it vital for us to recognise the Genocide since any aggresion started from us against them will be justified.

The reason we want to recognise the Genocide is to restore historic Armenia the way it should be.

Armenians stayed Armenians even if they were under the rules of Parthians ,Greeks,Byzantians,Romans,Seljuks, Ottomans etc etc... So what many think that just because of the Genocide we are Armenians is a joke.

After the Armenians will be focused in only one thing and that will be the picture which i have in my Avatar on left.

We cant deny that revenge is in the hearts of most Armenians.

So my conclusion is that the recognition of the genocide is simply the first step , since the real cause is after.

i agree. any armenian that says they dont hate the turks for what they did has to seriously read up on it. i hate them with a deep passion, not only the ones who did it but the ones who say it never happend, hell i hate the whole country, and i konw im going to catch sh!t for saying that but u konw what? i dont care.

Comment

Working...
              X