Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

government decree for deportation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: government decree for deportation.

Another Tofurk has been beamed down from Tofurkey.

Comment

Originally posted by eticrax
      Is it really that much hard to show these evidences to the public? I suspect Armenians have a good skill to "reprint" those documents.
      Since every Armenian knows what happened, they never actually need evidence to prove what they know. That's why you almost never see original documents. This, of course, makes them completely useless at properly conveying their history to non-Armenians. But, most of them think that only an Armenian is capable of understanding the genocide anyway, so they don't really care and are content to offer to non-Armenians little more than fake Hitler quotes and historical oversimplifications.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
        Since every Armenian knows what happened, they never actually need evidence to prove what they know. That's why you almost never see original documents. This, of course, makes them completely useless at properly conveying their history to non-Armenians. But, most of them think that only an Armenian is capable of understanding the genocide anyway, so they don't really care and are content to offer to non-Armenians little more than fake Hitler quotes and historical oversimplifications.
        Fake Hitler quotes, fabricated telegrams, fake memoirs of "Naim Bey", ... oh my god
        Is this genocide you national secular religion?

"In the name of genocide we trust, we believe what we believe, we assasinate non believers of genocide, amen."

Comment

That actually looks very tame and Disney-like compared to the Turkish and Azeri national anthems.

Comment

Fake Hitler quotes, fabricated telegrams, fake memoirs of "Naim Bey", ... oh my god
            Is this genocide you national secular religion?

"In the name of genocide we trust, we believe what we believe, we assasinate non believers of genocide, amen."
            You are the nation that makes a religion out of denying its past - you are a nation so ill-at-ease with itself, so lacking in self-assurance, and so unsure of its place in the world, that the crimes your grandfathers and great-grandfathers committed (and admitted to committing) are denied by your nation. And as individuals, most Turks are so cowardly and so lacking in imagination and self-worth they will not in any way deviate from what their State says they should think. Isn't it about time Turkey grew up?
            Last edited by bell-the-cat; 03-01-2006, 03:25 PM.
            Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

You are the nation that makes a religion out of denying its past - you are a nation so ill-at-ease with itself, so lacking in self-assurance, and so unsure of its place in the world, that the crimes your grandfathers and great-grandfathers committed (and admitted to committing) are denied by your nation. And as individuals, most Turks are so cowardly and so lacking in imagination and self-worth they will not in any way deviate from what their State says they should think. Isn't it about time Turkey grew up?
              Is this another prayer of your national religion?

In the name of genocide we believe, Turks are ill, Turks are barbar, Turks are denier, Turks are savage, Turks repeat what their state teach them, amen.

I think ASALA headquarter is more popular than Etchmiadzin. It is good for you secularisation.

Comment

Is this another prayer of your national religion?

In the name of genocide we believe, Turks are ill, Turks are barbar, Turks are denier, Turks are savage, Turks repeat what their state teach them, amen.

I think ASALA headquarter is more popular than Etchmiadzin. It is good for you secularisation.
                bell-the-cat isn't Armenian, doofus.

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo
                  bell-the-cat isn't Armenian, doofus.
                  WOW, What a brilliant reply, you are full of sense of humour. Is your intelligence comes from adopting the american way of life? I dont think that ordinary Armenians are that much boring.

Comment

WOW, What a brilliant reply, you are full of sense of humour. Is your intelligence comes from adopting the american way of life? I dont think that ordinary Armenians are that much boring.
                    Haven't you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?

Comment

Then see about making a scan of the text. Why would you want to make a copy that would have lesser importance if you have access to the original document and can provide a facsimile copy of it, or even if it is only a facsimile copy of it it whatever book you have?

"Reprinting"! What an obsolete word. This is the 21st century. Nothing needs reprinting - the only reason academic books are printed is out of vanity. Place a digital copy of it on the internet so that everyone can access it freely.
                      Excuse me, bell-the-cat, but this book sold thousands of copies the first time around and has been selling USED on Amazon.com for anywhere from $175 to $1600 per copy! My publisher, however, neglected to pay my royalties. I had a bomb threat when publication of the book was announced and was harrassed because of this book--just do a search of the Washington Post for 1991 or New York Times for 1990 and you can find out about it. I lost my business, had to leave my home and my friends, as did my family. The FBI and police investigated and recommended we move--they couldn't protect us, they said.

There are times that reprinting makes sense--and I am not an academic. Other people do read books and many people have asked me where they can buy copies.

The original of this copy of the deportation proclamation is in the National Archives, Record Group 59--go take a look. I know cats like to snooze, but sometimes a little effort is worth it. Cats also are supposed to enjoy exploring and you might be surprised what you could learn with a little detective work in the National Archives.

Seriously, we just bought a new scanner and I will scan it soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X