Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

How to help Turks listen to you and try to understand your issues?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is today's article by Mr. Engin Ardic, which I am almost certain will appeal to you. I tend to agree with it too, although I cannot openly say this...

Türkiyenin usta köşe yazarları Akşamda okuyucularıyla buluşuyor. En çok okunan ve güncel köşe yazıları için Akşam Yazarları sayfamızı takip edin.

It talks about the CHP (Cumhuriyet Halk Partisi) leader Ismet Inonu, the President after Ataturk's death, and how he was trying to play both fascist Germany and Communist Russia before and after WWII, and the ill-treatment that Greeks, Armenians and even to a much smaller extent the xxxish people, during the early democracy years and before...

Sorry, the article is in Turkish, but I am sure you can somehow get an accurate translation. Again, note that, we are not IDIOTS, because advancement of open-ideas and democracy more will help Turks even more than it will help solve problems related to Amenians,Greeks or whatever...

Comment

Loveatatürk you are making a mistake here trying to dialog with these people.ı tried it before.ı know them very well.Now I dont post anymore. Only sometimes I visit here just to read their ugly words.They are the real enemies of Turkey.diasporas demands will not end.Not only the acceptance of genocide.they want money plus our lands.Dont assume that they are the real Armenians as the ones we know in Armenia or in Turkey.These people are degenarated. they are no more Armeniains.They are American or French.and they feel extreme hatred to us.Real Armenians are lively people who knows how to enjoy life.I feel extreme sympathy to real Armenians.you must also notice that the ones who come here as a tourist or to work are very nice people and they resemble us very much.Their food,music ,physical looks are very close to us.their women are sexy and beautiful.Our history is full of great Armenians,generals,artists.İn fact ı see them as christian turks since anatolia is their main land also.Turks and armenians are very mixed.most of todays turks do have armenian blood.
      if you say that you are a turk than this is enough to be a Turk.So how can they claim that we massacred them without a reason that there was no armenian terrorizm at all,just for fun.this is not a reasonable explanation.We are not like French or American. we dont even know what racizm is.Everybody is welcome here.Even if today Armenians turn back to Turkey we would accept this.we feel no hatred to them.This is a one way hate and it is only the diaspora hates us.and they are very dangerous enemies of Turkey.dont even listen them:they dont want dialog.they are continuosly repeating themselves.Crying crying crying....

Comment

they want money plus our lands.
        Firstly,you don't have money to give us since your economy is barely struggling.Go feed your people first.

Secondly, we don't want your lands, we want our lands and what you believe is rather irrelevant to us as well.

Comment

MadTurk - you are and even greater idiot who knows even less about what he is talking about.

I'd wager I've been to more places in your nation then you have - and likey even have more Turkish friends then you do (you seem somewhat anti-social to me).

Most Armenians don't just hate Turks for being Turks - and some of us recognize much of our culture and our legacy in modern Turkey and with the Turks. However - the type of narrowminded BS that you spew and the type of denials and such that we have heard from yoru government for years does induce a bit of resentment on our part.

And your claims of no racism in Turkey are quite laughable and that you would think that we believ your people killed us for no reason. First - Turks did kill Armenians - yes we can agree on that - and they had their reasons (just as Nazis had their own reasons to kill xxxs) - does this mean that the resons were justified? Why did we have to suffer because of (pan)Turkish ambition, paranoia, meglomania and - yes thats right - racism. Yes your Turksih forefathers became extremely racist. They did not wish for equality for Christians. They resented Christian (including Armenian) prosperity, Christian education and talent. They wanted things as they had been for hundreds of years - absolute Ottoman dictatorial control and no rights for the minority Christians. When the political system failed and when the ecominc fortunes of the ottomans/Turks suffered as compared to the Christians you Turk sdid all that you knew how to do - kill and destroy. End of story.

Comment

I'd wager I've been to more places in your nation then you have - and likey even have more Turkish friends then you do (you seem somewhat anti-social to me).

Why do you visit a country that you hate so much.Are you an agent?Do your Turkish friends know that you want to steal our lands?Do you speak Turkish since not too many Turks speak English?But dont tell me that you are a Turkish Armenian.I wont believe this.

Most Armenians don't just hate Turks for being Turks - and some of us recognize much of our culture and our legacy in modern Turkey and with the Turks.

I would love to live together with armenian neighbours and it would be an honour for me to share your culture.I like armenians no less than Turks.

And your claims of no racism in Turkey are quite laughable and that you would think that we believ your people killed us for no reason. First - Turks did kill Armenians - yes we can agree on that - and they had their reasons (just as Nazis had their own reasons to kill xxxs) - does this mean that the resons were justified? Why did we have to suffer because of (pan)Turkish ambition, paranoia, meglomania and - yes thats right - racism. Yes your Turksih forefathers became extremely racist. They did not wish for equality for Christians. They resented Christian (including Armenian) prosperity, Christian education and talent. They wanted things as they had been for hundreds of years - absolute Ottoman dictatorial control and no rights for the minority Christians. When the political system failed and when the ecominc fortunes of the ottomans/Turks suffered as compared to the Christians you Turk sdid all that you knew how to do - kill and destroy. End of story.[/QUOTE]

we accept that Turks sent most of the Armenians out of the country.we agree that we shouldnt have sent all but only the guilty ones must have been punished.And many armenians died,some were raped and their money was stolen.and we are not proud of what happened.the difference is that we think armenians started this war first and hit us from the behind and made mass murders in the villages when our soldiers were fighting all over Anatolia and everywhere.Mass graves are found in eastern Turkey especially in Erzurum.İf this way of thinking is wrong and if we did this with racial reasons than you will have to prove it with very strong evidence.we really think that your cries are a typical of looser's.but on the other hand in turkey when I listen armenian people (which will not lie like you people,and love turkey and most became muslims today) the things that their parents suffered during that period ı personally really get upset about the tragedy.Maybe after 100 more years your grandchildren forget and they can be friends.But unfortunately we have no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Turk
              Loveatatürk you are making a mistake here trying to dialog with these people.ı tried it before.ı know them very well.Now I dont post anymore. Only sometimes I visit here just to read their ugly words.They are the real enemies of Turkey.diasporas demands will not end.Not only the acceptance of genocide.they want money plus our lands.Dont assume that they are the real Armenians as the ones we know in Armenia or in Turkey.These people are degenarated. they are no more Armeniains.They are American or French.and they feel extreme hatred to us.Real Armenians are lively people who knows how to enjoy life.I feel extreme sympathy to real Armenians.you must also notice that the ones who come here as a tourist or to work are very nice people and they resemble us very much.Their food,music ,physical looks are very close to us.their women are sexy and beautiful.Our history is full of great Armenians,generals,artists.İn fact ı see them as christian turks since anatolia is their main land also.Turks and armenians are very mixed.most of todays turks do have armenian blood.
              if you say that you are a turk than this is enough to be a Turk.So how can they claim that we massacred them without a reason that there was no armenian terrorizm at all,just for fun.this is not a reasonable explanation.We are not like French or American. we dont even know what racizm is.Everybody is welcome here.Even if today Armenians turn back to Turkey we would accept this.we feel no hatred to them.This is a one way hate and it is only the diaspora hates us.and they are very dangerous enemies of Turkey.dont even listen them:they dont want dialog.they are continuosly repeating themselves.Crying crying crying....
              You must ask yourself how come we aren't "Real Armenians" anymore. Once you are able to answer that you won't make such imbecilic statements. You put it yourself, you regard us as Christian Turks. Well those of us who didn't want to become Christian Turks were massacred instead.

we dont even know what racizm is.Everybody is welcome here.Even if today Armenians turn back to Turkey we would accept this.we feel no hatred to them.

This sentence is so plain stupid I feel sorry for you and those Turks who believe this hogwash.

Ok let me put it this way. If all the Turks had been deported from Anatolia and most of them had died/killed along the way what would your reaction be? Be honest now.

Comment

You just blew me there when you wrote that the Armenians who stayed in Turkey love it so much they became muslims. They would have faced hell if they didn't.

Enjoy your stay while it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by nakharar
                  You just blew me there ....

By a Turk, huh? I hope you did a facial.

Comment

He sure deserves that.

Comment

Originally posted by The stupid Turk
                      we accept that Turks sent most of the Armenians out of the country.
                      Did you buy them plane tickets?

we agree that we shouldnt have sent all but only the guilty ones must have been punished.
                      Guilty of? ..not being Muslim/Turkish?

And many armenians died,some were raped and their money was stolen.
                      You make it sound like a comonplace thing..."oh the trains are late again...what a bother.." etc

Many was 1.5 million (at least) - died = deliberatly killed...some were raped - well this was quite a common thing - but that might tend to happen when you release vilent criminals and set them upon defensless women and children with instructions to do your worst - etc...money was stolen - everything was stolen - including lands (ie homes, farms, shops, villages, towns etc - where our people lived for hundreds of generations - not bothering anyone - wake up s h i t head

and we are not proud of what happened.
                      Turks are the greatest - Turks are #1 - no? Don't tell me you haven't said and believe these things...you should be holding your head down in shame and asking/begging for forgiveness

the difference is that we think armenians started this war first and hit us from the behind and made mass murders in the villages when our soldiers were fighting all over Anatolia and everywhere.
                      If you truly believe this - which I doubt (though you aren't all that bright admittedly) - then you beleive in lies. What you said never hapened - to any real degree. Your government - your nation - killed innocent Armenians throughout Anatolia - in cold blood - in vicious and barbaric ways - there was no legitimate justification for this - there is no excuse that you can make that can justify it or make it acceptable. Do you truly have any concept for what was done?

Mass graves are found in eastern Turkey especially in Erzurum.
                      Yes of course. And Armenians killed and buried these people - you know this to be true? Oh and BTW you are contending that we killed 500,000+ Turks..yes... yeah - another good one...

İf this way of thinking is wrong and if we did this with racial reasons than you will have to prove it with very strong evidence.
                      hahahahahaha - are your really so stupid and naive? Are you realy so without a clue?

we really think that your cries are a typical of looser's.
                      Yes - you might think this - what other cop outs are you relying on to sleep better at night?

but on the other hand in turkey when I listen armenian people (which will not lie like you people,and love turkey and most became muslims today) the things that their parents suffered during that period ı personally really get upset about the tragedy.
                      The tragedy of? That a portion of the Armenians who survived and remained could only do so by renouncing their culture - their history and what the believed in to live in fear like scared animals. I know because I have seen and have spoken to some of these people who remain - but like many Kurds whom I have alsi talked with over the years - what they will say to me is quite different then what they might say to you or in public.

Maybe after 100 more years your grandchildren forget and they can be friends.But unfortunately we have no chance.
                      You really think we will forget. You hope we will...but you know and fear that we will not...and we won't...sorry.

Comment

Working...
                      X