Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Genocide Survivor Tigranuhi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loveataturk
    Makes you wonder WHY there was an evacuation after the Russian defeat???
    Could it be that the ACTIVE collaborators against their sovereign were afraid that the Turks would act on a similar loyalty and humanity basis as that of the Armenian rebels?
    I used the word evacuation in inverted commas because I did not want to suggest that the Russians had, in any way, organised a proper evacuation, or provided those panic-stricken civilian refugees fleeing the expected Turkish massacres with adequate protection from the bands of Kurds who murdered 1000s of them en-route to Russian territory.

BTW, you really are filth.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Filth? Treason and rebellion, mass murdering of Turkish civilians is what? Trying to assist Russians and French, and then with your guns blowing upon your faces? That's what?

Comment

Anatomy of typical Turkish poster on Armenian forum - example:

Most recent post on the forum:

Filth? Treason and rebellion, mass murdering of Turkish civilians is what? Trying to assist Russians and French, and then with your guns blowing upon your faces? That's what?
        First post on the forum:

I have read your posts. I came to this forum because I sometimes grow suspicious about official history. I thought I can perhaps learn the other side of the coin from you friends.

Yesterday I was listening to NTV-BBC radio, and a Greek refugee of 1973 from Istanbul was talking about the new movie he made about the forced deportations of (1) Turks from Greece to Turkey, and (2) Greeks from Turkey to Greece.

He was not aggressive, and I really was surprised at what I heard from him. I am 37 years old, and a farily educated person (MBA from USA), but nobody thought us much in Turkey about the details of why Greeks left in 1973 and Turks came back...

Turkey is a secular democracy, but words cannot speak louder than deeds, so I decided to read you ladies' and gentlemen's posts here...I just ask myself:

OK, I AM TURKISH AND I LOVE MY COUNTRY. I HOPE THE ARMENIAN PEOPLE ARE WRONG, BECAUSE IF IT IS TRUE, THEN WHAT A SHAMEFUL PART OF HISTORY ON MY COUNTRY...

BUT IF IT WERE SO WRONG, WHY WOULD ARMENIANS NON-STOP TALK ABOUT THIS? MAYBE IT IS TRUE, MAYBE WE OWE THEM A HUGE APOLOGY...Ü

I still have the same feeling,...for what it is worth.

Comment

I am Turkish=Stupid (hey you said it...)

1. I am 38 years old, an engineer, plus an MBA in the USA. I post this, because I try to show you that I was lucky enough to have a good education, however, HONESTLY, I sincerely do not know too much about 1915 and before, despite supposedly good education.

2. All we Turks hear and read about Armenian issue is a) How much you Armenians hate us b) How innocent our Ottoman ancestors actually were.

You know very well that the education level in Turkey in general is not overly superior to Armenia. Thus, if lucky people like me with better than average education cannot get enough DETAILS on the Ottoman-Armenian issue, how much do you think general Turkish population knows???
          but now you are the expert eh?

Comment

Relax wino, take it easy

Comment

And?....LEarning more and more on this issue, The more one reads, and the more one is educated on this issue, the more one tends to recognize the huge hollow behind the one-sided Armenian allegations.
              Are you all of the opinion that a stance strengthening the ofiicial Turkish approach is not acceptable? On what basis? What is it that makes the Armenian official approach an "AXIOM" to you?

Comment

And?....LEarning more and more on this issue, The more one reads, and the more one is educated on this issue, the more one tends to recognize the huge hollow behind the one-sided Armenian allegations.
                Learning!!
                All you are doing is providing proof that either Turks are genetically stupid, or are a bunch of sniveling cowards. If the proof is positive then we owe you a debt of gratitude, if it is not then do your nation a favour and just shut your mouth.
                Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

15 / 12 / 2004
                  BIA News Center
                  Yahya KOCOGLU

My Grandmother Heranus

During the 1915 Armenian deportation, Mrs. Heranus was forcibly taken
                  away from her mother by soldiers. Her name was changed to "Seher,"
                  she was brought up as a Muslim girl, married, had children. Her
                  grandchild Cetin wrote a book ttled "My grandmother".

BIA (Istanbul) - Fethiye Cetin, who was the former spokeswoman of the
                  Minorities Commission of the Istanbul Bar Association, tells of being
                  the granddaughter of an Armenian grandmother who was converted to
                  Islam, in her book called "My Grandmother."

She tells of her grandmother, who was the Armenian Mrs. Heranus from
                  the Habab village of the Palu district (then called Maden) of the
                  eastern province of Elazig...

Heranus was forcibly taken away from her mother during the 1915
                  Armenian deportation. Her name was changed to "Seher," she was
                  brought up as a Muslim girl, got married, had children and
                  grandchildren.

She lived for 95 years without seeing her family, brothers and
                  cousins, who lived in the United States, but never lost hope. She was
                  born an Armenian and was buried after a Muslim ceremony.

Fethiye Cetin did not know for years that her grandmother was born an
                  Armenian. It was after many years that she found out the meaning of
                  the "you've taken after us" phrase.

It was after many years that Cetin understood the meaning of the tea
                  breads offered during visits to friends' houses, and the advice that
                  she should not be scared of cemeteries but of the living instead. And
                  the fact that it is a family characteristic that the back of her head
                  sweats...

Lawyer Fethiye Cetin tells of her grandmother in her book. But this
                  life is the story of one of those "sword leftover" children. Tens of
                  whom I know I, and thousands of whom I know exist.

Cetin explains the expression "sword leftover" on page 79 of her
                  book." During another of our meetings, Hasan told me that people like
                  me and my grandmother were called 'sword leftovers.' That people
                  said, 'He's a sword leftover too,' when speaking of someone like us."

"I felt like my blood was freezing up. I had heard of this expression
                  before. But it hurt so much to find out that this expression was
                  being used so cool-bloodedly for people like my grandmother. My
                  optimism, which was formed with memories of tea breads, turned into a
                  pessimism."

"Seyfo" is the word Assyrians use to define the emigration which led
                  to the death of hundreds of thousands of people. The meaning of
                  "seyfo" is a "sword." It cannot be a coincidence that the same word
                  "sword" has been chosen.

There could not be a distinction between Armenians and Assyrians at
                  the time, while even today, the sectarian or even religious
                  differences of non-Muslims cannot be known. For that reason, the
                  emigration had included the Assyrian "giaours" as well as the
                  Armenians.

Cetin also wrote in her book about how she found her relatives after
                  her grandmother died. In the Armenian Agos newspaper published on
                  February 11, 2000, she wrote her grandmother's real name in her
                  obituary, her birthplace, the names of her parents and what she lived
                  through. She wrote that she was looking for her relatives with the
                  last name of "Gadaryan."

"We are hoping to find our relatives through this announcement. Those
                  relatives that we could not find during her lifetime. We are hoping
                  to share our pain and want those days to go away and never come
                  back."

The announcement was taken up in a critical way by the "Harac"
                  newspaper in France. Archbishop Mesrob Asciyan, who himself happened
                  to be from the village of Habab and a relative of the Gadaryans,
                  notified the family members.

That's how the two grandchildren began writing to each other. Cetin
                  went to the United States and met her grandmother's sister and her
                  own cousins. She visited the tombs of her great-grandparents. On the
                  cover of her book is the photograph of the tombs of the parents of
                  her grandmother.

One of the reasons this book is important is that it is one of the
                  very few books told by someone that lived through the emigration.

Besides the fact that very few of those people who lived through the
                  emigration are alive, the fact that they avoid talking about it
                  leaves the issue in the dark. Also, the stories of those who talk
                  about what they lived through was never published in Turkish until
                  recently.

Others should also tell of and write about what they've been
                  through... So that the wound is scratched open and the puss within is
                  dripped out....

* My Grandmother, Fethiye Cetin. Metis Edebiyat Publishing House, 116
                  pages, 6 million 500 thousand Turkish liras (USD 4.5).
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

The problem is, bell_the _cat, should the rebellion have succeeded, we would have 2-3 weak nations in place of the proud and strong TR of today.
                    All is well, that ends well.

Comment

Working...
                    X