Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Is the threat of Genocide really in the past?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the threat of Genocide really in the past?

The last time Europe and Russia took its eyes off of Anotolia for a split second, the Ottoman government ordered the systematic extermination of the Ottman empires Armenian population (at the time housing nearly the entire Armenian population considering migration and escape from the Genocide had not started yet).

What signs has Turkey showed of changing its policy towards Armenians? Virtually none. Infact, its alliance with the Azeris has resulted in, once again, physical slaughter of Armenians (one way or another). Its political blockade has crippled the Armenian economy and slowed down progression of businesses tha rely on foreign investments.

Furthermore, its denial of the Armenian Genocide and Armenias continued persuit in trying to force Turkey to recognize the Genocide, has aroused the already massive anti-Armenian and anti-Christian feelings in Turkey.

It is safe to say the Turkish people have NOT changed. If anything, they are SATISFIED with what happened to the Armenians.

If the world were to once again take its eyes off of that region dwelling in their own problems (possibly war). That would leave the Turkish government and the Turkish people, once again FREE to attempt genocide. This time though, the difference is, they have the technology and advantage to wipe out the entire Armenian republic within weeks, if not days.

Can we rely on the Russians for protection forever (not like we have any other choice though).

The next time the world falls into the same pit of World War, it is reasonable to say the Turks will succeed in Genocide of the Armenians. (Well, atleast in that region anyway).

Btw, I am very much aware this is a theory on the very end of the spectrum, but if explained this theory to the Armenians before the 1900's, it would probably be just as difficult to convince them of what is to come as it is now.

(Lastly, I do not agree with this, I'm just throwing it out there to get some opionins on it).
    Last edited by ace; 11-21-2005, 01:04 PM.

Obviously many Turks have become indoctrinated with this hyper-nationalism that incorporates extreme intolerance for anyone who is different or expresses themselves negatively about anything concerning Turkey and/or Turks. However, the conditions that led to an environment where such a horrible and unthinkable thing such as genocide could take place were very specific and very extreme and it is unlikely IMO that such a thing could easily happen again - and I don't see the current nation of Turkey being particualrly genocidal per se. Even in regards to the Kurdish conflict - and many in Turkey blindly lable the Kurds as the "bad guys" and wish them ill - but I think it would be very difficult for Turkey to truly go in and just cleans them out entirely - even if many of the actions being taken by the Turkish military are somewhat (at least locally) genocidal in their effect (and intent).

Comment

In your opionin, can we ever trust the Turks? ^

Comment

Extremely bizarre, one-sided and paranoid approach, ace. How about Armenians unable to stand up to any reasonable criticism about the "BOGUS" and "FALSIFIED" nature of the basis of their souls (or so it seems)....the Victim Complex. There never was a genocide, there never will be. However, you guys have to stop eating yourselves up by paranoia, and instead focus on your nation building and feeding your hungry (which, I presume, is too high already).
        Best wishes, no war. And no more aggressio and rebellion from Armenians, please, because they do not know how to LOSE like a gentleman, you know, whining forever about why they lost, blah blah blah....

Comment

OK this ataturk loving a$hole has insulted us enough I should think. And its not just that he denies the truth and the legitimacy of our claims - its the nasty callous way that he does so andin doing so insults me to the very core by demeaning the suffering of my Grandparents and their parents and my great Uncles and all who were so bruttally and horribly killed. I've really had it with this guy and see no reason why he should be allowed to remain on this forum. F U A$hole! I hope you get hit by a truck and bleed slowly to death while maggots infest your skin and orafices and the doctors can find ways to prolong your life but not ease your pain!

Comment

Originally posted by ace
            The last time Europe and Russia took its eyes off of Anotolia for a split second, the Ottoman government ordered the systematic extermination of the Ottman empires Armenian population (at the time housing nearly the entire Armenian population considering migration and escape from the Genocide had not started yet).

What signs has Turkey showed of changing its policy towards Armenians? Virtually none. Infact, its alliance with the Azeris has resulted in, once again, physical slaughter of Armenians (one way or another). Its political blockade has crippled the Armenian economy and slowed down progression of businesses tha rely on foreign investments.

Furthermore, its denial of the Armenian Genocide and Armenias continued persuit in trying to force Turkey to recognize the Genocide, has aroused the already massive anti-Armenian and anti-Christian feelings in Turkey.

It is safe to say the Turkish people have NOT changed. If anything, they are SATISFIED with what happened to the Armenians.

If the world were to once again take its eyes off of that region dwelling in their own problems (possibly war). That would leave the Turkish government and the Turkish people, once again FREE to attempt genocide. This time though, the difference is, they have the technology and advantage to wipe out the entire Armenian republic within weeks, if not days.

Can we rely on the Russians for protection forever (not like we have any other choice though).

The next time the world falls into the same pit of World War, it is reasonable to say the Turks will succeed in Genocide of the Armenians. (Well, atleast in that region anyway).

Btw, I am very much aware this is a theory on the very end of the spectrum, but if explained this theory to the Armenians before the 1900's, it would probably be just as difficult to convince them of what is to come as it is now.

(Lastly, I do not agree with this, I'm just throwing it out there to get some opionins on it).
            I will repeat the same..paranoia and obsession.
            What you sincerely believe sounds so funny to us.

Comment

Originally posted by winoman
              OK this ataturk loving a$hole has insulted us enough I should think. And its not just that he denies the truth and the legitimacy of our claims - its the nasty callous way that he does so andin doing so insults me to the very core by demeaning the suffering of my Grandparents and their parents and my great Uncles and all who were so bruttally and horribly killed. I've really had it with this guy and see no reason why he should be allowed to remain on this forum. F U A$hole! I hope you get hit by a truck and bleed slowly to death while maggots infest your skin and orafices and the doctors can find ways to prolong your life but not ease your pain!
              winoman, you have created a world at your mind and at that world you consider yourself and all other Armenians as civilised, intellectual people and Turks as brutal barbars, so there is no way to tell you anything about the real world. When you make "serious" sentences about totally childish paranoias I wish that you see yourself from outside, how miserable and funny you look like. Chiildish swears, paranoias,... how really old are you? Please illuminate this secret.

Comment

Winoman, insulting them isn't the solution, they use our insults to create a victim complexe...talk about irony.

To the two deniers, I only got a personnal experience to share. I got two Turkish college classmates, great guys. Wasn't long before we started to talk about this whole issue.
                When I asked what were their view, they honestly said they couldn't answer, they grew up in Turkey, learning in books entirely about the Ottoman Empire's success story. They also said that it's the worst thing to have a different view in the Turkish community of Switzerland. Here you go, I respect those kind of Turks so much because they admit their country isn't the best place for free thinking.

They love their country though but one of them said
                "It's just a tourist place for now, only good stuff is mentionned in the brochures"
                Last edited by HotCoffee; 11-22-2005, 10:07 AM.

Comment

I have adressed issues regarding the Armenain Genocide in a factual manner providing real information and worthwhile discussion of issues. I have never expressed any hatred of Turks per se nor do I demean Turks as a people or such - in fact I have often mentioned my Turkish friendships and that I have travelled to Turkey and have had no real problems with Turks or such. However when idiots - regardless of racial or national affiliation - spew garbage, hate and make unfounded acusations - are unable to really discuss anything of relevance, bring no facts to the table just ignorant and uniformed opinons and specifically when they make light of the deaths and suffering of my family and my people - well I don't have time for these type of people. I also don't feel like I need to dignify them by treating them any better then they deserve and what they deserve is contempt and derision and certainly I will not waste my time discussing anything serious with them. I think telling them to F off is entirely appropriate.

And non-cumanicus - don't fool yourself. You have nothing relevant informed or insightful to offer. You are just another moron who has no clue about the real world or anything in it. You have no idea how much I laugh at your ignorance and impotence every time you post. And you suggest that I don't understand the real world...well you really have no idea who you are talking to and my serious posts here speak for themselves - unlike anything you have every been able to post. Yeah - I'm sure I'm quite a bit older then you and certainly have orders of magnitude more experience in life and understanding of all nearly things. So please go sit on something pointy and sharp and twist away.

Comment

That is true winoman...they didn't provide any points, it wasn't even a discussion, and yes..I also loose patience sometimes with those kind of people .

Comment

Working...
                    X