Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Armenian Genocide - My Perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Armenian Genocide - My Perspective

The Armenian Genocide

On April 24th 1915 several hundred Armenian community representatives within Constantinople and elsewhere (mostly doctors, lawyers, poets, clergy and businessmen) were rounded up by Turkish authorities and imprisoned, only to be murdered in cold blood soon thereafter. Consecutively, Armenian conscripts within Ottoman service were systematically disarmed and slaughtered en mass. In this manner, in a relatively short period of time, Turks managed to decapitate the unsuspecting leadership of the Armenian population of the Ottoman Empire. With Armenians now leaderless and powerless, Turks began to turn their blood thirsty murderous attention upon the defenseless and helpless Armenian citizenry of Asia Minor.

Every April 24th Armenians worldwide commemorate the anniversary of the Armenian Genocide. What every Armenian needs to realize however, it that this systematic genocide of over 2 million unarmed Armenian Christians by Ottoman Turks was not merely started in 1915, as the official commemorative date insinuates. The preliminary stages of the Armenian Genocide actually started twenty years prior, in 1895. During 1894-95, approximately a quarter million Armenian peasants were slaughtered within interior Anatolia, essentially because they had refused to pay ever increasing taxes imposed upon them because they were non-Turks. This wholesale slaughter of Armenians continued periodically thereafter for the next twenty years and came to a bloody climax during the First World War. In 1923, after the vast majority of Armenians had disappeared from within Turkey, the slaughter of Armenians subsided.

The perpetrators of this heinous crime, a crime of biblical proportions, were never truly punished and the Turkish state was not held responsible by the victorious allies at the end of the First World War. In essence, Armenian blood was sacrificed for the political and financial interests of western nations. What's more, hoping to gain land rights within Ottoman controlled Palestine at the time, the Zionist founding fathers of Israel openly supported the Armenian Genocide as it occurred. Even today, Turks regularly employ the powerful J-e-w-ish media and political lobby within America to undermine Armenian efforts to pursue the proper recognition to what happened to the Armenian nation some one hundred years ago.

Nonetheless, as the "civilized" world watched, savages eliminated an Armenian presence from within a land where Armenians were aboriginals. A land upon which Hittites, Hurrians, Urartians, Greeks, Romans, Parthians and Byzantines dwelt, a land which is now a Turkic-Islamic cesspool. Not only has the criminal Turk gone unpunished, he remains belligerent and defiant to this day. The Turk is belligerent today because he realizes that western nations are not willing to correct the horrendous mistakes of the past. Turks today, along with their shameless lackeys worldwide, especially the Zionist State of Israel and the xxxish lobby within the United States, make the excuse that Armenians of the Ottoman empire were peacefully coexisting with Turks, until that is, Armenians decided to betray Turks during the First World War in favor of the Russians. Moreover, they claim that Armenians not exterminated, as per say, but were only "temporarily deported."

While the vast majority of the Armenian population within the Ottoman empire were far removed from politics, the truth remains that Armenian nationalists worldwide, clergy, Armenian political parties and especially the Armenian population within Russian administered Caucasus, were indeed siding with Tsarist Russia against the Ottomans during the First World War. The filthy Turk, however, cannot complain, for he knows very well why Armenian nationalists chose to support Russia during the war:

What did Turks expect us Armenians to do after the unwarranted and unexpected massacres of Armenian peasantry within Sassoun and Moush that killed nearly a quarter million between the years 1894-95? This Turkish atrocity against the unarmed Armenian population of Anatolia was so atrocious that it sent shock waves throughout Europe at the time.

What did Turks expect us Armenians to do after the 'Adana' massacres of 1908 that killed over thirty thousand civilians?

What did Turks expect us Armenian to do when we could not even speak our own language within our own native lands?

All this "peaceful coexistence" between Turks and Armenians came many years before Russia threatened the borders of eastern Turkey, the superficial excuse Turks give today in explaining what they did to the Armenians.

We Armenians, along with Anatolian Greeks, watched helplessly for close to a thousand years as Turkic and Kurdish nomads decimated once glorious Asia Minor and transformed it into the hell-hole that it is today. We Armenians are not Turkic, we are not Semitic and we not Islamic. We Christian Armenians of Caucasian stock and Indo-European culture lived upon a land that we were aboriginals within and, subsequently, we wanted to separate themselves from the darkness, violence and utter filth of Turkic and Islamic culture. Historically, the western half of Anatolia has been Greek and the eastern half Armenian. Even after centuries of Ottoman policy of settling Turkic and Kurdish tribes into Armenian populated areas, periodic massacres and relocations, Armenians were still a majority within certain provinces at the dawn of the twentieth century.

During the start of the First World War, there lived several million Armenians within 12 historic Armenian provinces of eastern Anatolia known historically as the Armenian Highlands. Today, Armenians are scattered worldwide, there is no Armenian community to speak of within Anatolia, other than a handful of Turkish speaking Armenian peasants scattered throughout the eastern provinces. Thus, the fundamental question remains:

What happened to the native Armenian population of Anatolia? The answer, no matter how one analyzes it, is the total genocide of an entire nation. Whether the Armenian population of Asia Minor was killed, expelled and/or assimilated into Turkic Islamic society, the end result still remains the same - decimation, from its native land, of the oldest Indo-European Christian nation within the world.

Armenian Genocide Testimonies: http://www.twentyvoices.com/home.html

Map of Genocide: http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Images.../hewsen224.gif

New York Times News Articles From the Period: http://www.cilicia.com/armo10c.html

ABC News Net Work Film Presentation (scroll down the web-page for the ABC link): http://www.genocide1915.info/#

Zionist involvement within the Armenian Genocide:

The Turkish rape of Armenia's greatest medieval city: http://www.virtualani.freeserve.co.uk/

Additional Educational Resources: http://www.armenian-genocide.org/education.html
    Last edited by Armenian; 04-21-2006, 06:39 PM.
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Re: The Armenian Genocide - My Perspective

All Armenians have stories, here is my family story.

On my maternal side:

My grandfather came from a large family of tradesmen, bakers and farmers. My grandfather was only in his teens when the orders came to eliminate the Armenian presence from within Anatolia. Soon after April 24th 1915, Turkish soldiers entered my grandfather's hometown of Marash. The Turks began to gather all the Armenians within the town in-order to force march them to the Syrian desert and/or to kill them outright. My grandfather's immediate family was not fortunate enough to be expelled into the deserts of Syria. Turks murdered my grandfather's parents and some siblings that happened to be present in their house at the time - in front of his eyes. My grandfather, however, somehow escaped and managed flee to the mountains surrounding his town.

According to my family, my grandfather lost his senses after his terrible ordeal. While surviving off the land, eating herbs and wild fruits, he decided to join a band of Armenian freedom fighters who at the time were trying to help Armenians escape Turkish atrocities. As an Armenian freedom fighter, my grandfather engaged in various raids into Turkish towns and camps in search and rescue operations seeking Armenian orphans and young girls held by Turks and Kurds. According to my grandmother, my grandfather had become a ruthless killer of Turks and Kurds. According to many stories about him, my grandfather managed to kill hundreds of Turks and Kurds - practically any Turk or Kurd he could get his hands on.

There is even a story of him shooting down a Mufti (Moslem priest) from a Mosque minaret as the he was preparing to recite prayers. Other stories describes how my grandfather infiltrated Turkish towns and villages and saved young Armenian girls held as captives. After killing their captors during the night, he would bring the Armenian girls back to secure areas and marry them off to young Armenian orphan boys.

On my paternal side:

As bakers, shoemakers and lawyers, they were relatively well-off towns folk, and a particular relative held the title of village chief. Through the town lawyer and village chief, my father's family knew the Turkish authorities within the region well. According to my father, his family would even once-in-a-while have Turkish authority members, perhaps the governor, over for dinner. Thus, when rumors of impending expulsion orders were heard within the town where my father's family dwelt, my relatives sought the protection of the Turkish authorities, with whom they thought they had good relations with.

The Turkish governor, having received the request by my father's family to speak to him, invited the representatives my father's family over for dinner - to see what they had to say. According to my father, his family pleaded with the Turk in charge for protection. Claiming to be good Ottoman citizens and having no political affiliations, my father's family asked the Turk not to expel them from their hometown. According to my father's story, representatives of my father's family and the Turkish governor had a very friendly discussion over dinner.

However, as they were about to leave the Turk's residence, my father's relatives asked if they could have the governors word that no harm would come to their families and/or their property. The Turkish governor, in response, ensured them that my father's family were well liked and respected by Turks, and thus, he more or less stated "when the order comes to evict and/or kill all Armenians within this town, out of mercy, I will order my troops to use "extra sharp" knives to kill you all."

Soon after April 24th 1915, the order came to eliminate all Armenians living within all regions of Anatolia. My father's extended family was decimated, many killed by Turkish and Kurdish brigands, some died from disease and starvation, some lost, never to be found again. And the rest, including my paternal grandfather, driven to the Syrian desert starving, barefoot and penniless.

An interesting story was that of my father's uncle: As Turks raided his town, this man escaped certain death jumping into a fast flowing river and disappearing downstream. At the time, my father's uncle was thought to have died. Many decades passed. One day, by a very strange coincidence, my father met someone in New York City who turned up to be his uncle's son. Apparently, after swimming downstream for a long distance, my father's uncle was rescued by a kind Kurdish family. This kind Kurdish family fed him and kept him hidden from Turks and other Kurds for a long time. He eventually found his way to Constantinople and got married with an Armenian and gave birth to several children.

All told, between 1895 and 1923 over two million Armenians were killed in the most horrendous of manners. Every Armenian family has stories of terrible loss, yet the civilized world has tuned a deaf ear. Today, I pray for the countless tormented souls of all my countrymen who opted to die as Armenian Christians, instead of betraying their God and nation. As a grandchild of genocide survivors, I promise that I will do all that I can to somehow someday avenge my countrymen. I pledge to keep the memories of the martyrdom that the Armenian nation suffered alive within my children.

And God willing, I pray to see my ancient homeland, a Turkic cesspool today, returned to its former glory.

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

It is pointless for us Armenians to discuss the Armenian Genocide with Turks.

In my opinion, there are three things we Armenians need to know about Turks:

1) Armenians want somethings from Turks that Turks will never give up on their own.

2) It is not in the national interest of Turkey to have a strong and prosperous Armenian neighbor.

3) Turks are simply Asiatic squatters in Anatolia.

Based upon my experiences, there are essentially three kinds of Turks:

The good: This kind wants to whitewash their role within the Armenian Genocide. This kind does apologize, but say we need to simply move on and forget about our lands and reparations - they claim too much time has passed.

The bad: This kind claims it was just a nasty war and Armenians died because Armenians back stabbed Turks by siding with Russians. And they go on to say - forget about your lands and reparations, it was war and you lost.

The Ugly: This kind simply insults and says they will do "it" again if need be and that - we should forget about any reparations and our lands.

The bottom line is: ALL Turks, regardless of personality and ethics, want us Armenians to forget about what happened during the Armenian Genocide. They also want us to forget about our lost lands and they want us to give-up on any reparations. What's more, it is obvious that Turkey will never want a prosperous Armenia on her border.

However, we Armenians are not about to forget our lands, we are not about to forget our long over-due reparations and we will not forget that the blood of our martyred ancestors remain unavenged. All crimes need appropriate punishment. Thus, sooner or later, the Turk will be made to pay - one way or another.

Therefore, why discuss anything with Turks?

Նժդեհ

Comment

I do not advocate war with any nation. I simply want to see Armenians and Turks disengaging from any contact. I do, however, want to See Armenia build a powerful military and economy for self-defense. After all, we Armenian do live in perhaps the worst geo-political environment in the world. We Armenians also need to be ready for the potential opportunity to reclaim our historic lands.

Regarding Turco-Armenian relations:

Turks will never want to have a prosperous Armenia as a neighbor for obvious reasons. Turks will never willingly give back what Armenians want - our lands. I am confident that Turkey will fall apart sooner or later, thus, we Armenians have to be ready to re-claim what is ours. Having said that, I have to say that most Armenians, and many others, over estimate the Turk as a fighting force. Turks are barbarians, they are not soldiers. The Turk, on many occasions, has been defeated by nations much smaller. The presence of the Turk, Asiatic squatters in Anatolia, would have ended during the First World War by Russian and Armenian forces had it not been for the Bolshevik revolution.

The invading Greek army in 1921 would have would have ended existence of the Turkish state had it not be for France's and England's abandonment of the Greek war effort and Bolshevik Russia's treachery. Even during the middle ages, Turks only managed to carved out an empire in Asia Minor because Byzantium, Persia and Armenia had fought each other to oblivion. Moreover, the Ottoman Empire only managed to gain a foothold within Europe essentially because Europeans had bled themselves white after two hundred years of continuous warfare during the crusades.

In short:

The Crusader tragedy and the Mongol invasions devastated all nations within Europe, Asia Minor and the Middle East for several centuries. The savage Turk simply took advantage of this situation as it spread like a parasite throughout the region. As a typical scavanger, the Turk has been at the right place at the right time. Today the Turk is a parasite. Today the Turk exists only because western powers and the Zionist State of Israel wants to see Turkey as a buffer against Arab, Persian and Russian expansion.

The Turk is not a soldier, he is a ruthless barbarian who excels in atrocities against unarmed civilians.

Նժդեհ

Comment

Hook, line, and sinker.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

So not only were Armenians screwed simply because they weren't Turks, but also because they weren't Moslems. A double whammy if I do say so myself. Tolerance and coexistence is the road of fools and slaves. No genocide recognition and certainly no compensation will ever occur unless by Armenians through force, numbers and years. That is the only truth humans know, and the Turks and Moslems knew it before - the tip of the sword.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

Representin' Aintab and Kilis bytches.

Comment

I too represent Aintab and Kilis.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                  I too represent Aintab and Kilis.