Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Armenian Genocide - My Perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Armenian Genocide - My Perspective

Generalizing is a trait of the simple minded. If you truly want to resolve issues then you must go into detail. I see intense hatred in these forums based on nothing more than race.

Is it right to judge people by this alone? What about the content of their character? Doesn't their viewpoints matter? Shouldn't one consider it prior to judging them?

Comment

Originally posted by TETurkhan
      Generalizing is a trait of the simple minded. If you truly want to resolve issues then you must go into detail. I see intense hatred in these forums based on nothing more than race. Is it right to judge people by this alone? What about the content of their character? Doesn't their viewpoints matter? Shouldn't one consider it prior to judging them?
      Firstly, feel free to leave. No one asked you to come here.

Second, the "content of the character" of the Turk is exactly the reason why I posted this information.

Third, the Armenian Genocide will not be debated with Turks, you can not debate reality.

Fourth, good relations between Turks and Armenians will never develope as long as you occupy historic Armenian lands and withhold our stolen wealth.

So forget it Turkoglu, go bark somewhere else.
      Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

He gets some cool points for the DBZ avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by TETurkhan
          Generalizing is a trait of the simple minded. If you truly want to resolve issues then you must go into detail. I see intense hatred in these forums based on nothing more than race.

Is it right to judge people by this alone? What about the content of their character? Doesn't their viewpoints matter? Shouldn't one consider it prior to judging them?
          While we recognize it is important to be mindful of the exceptions, but when things come down to it, how much does that matter? How many Turks are even willing to have an open mind? It is simply impossible because the two peoples are trapped in two distinct paradigms. That is the way it goes. There are no middle roads or shades of grey or any other gobbledygook we have been taught about 'shades of grey'.

We have 'gone into details' many times, but what is the use of it if it falls on deaf ears?

I have tried the cordial and calm approach to discussing with Turks. It's simply impossible 99% of the time. Unless they accept the fact of guilt and responsibility, the 'calm and cordial' road is as useless as a chocolate teapot.

Furthermore, what viewpoints do you want to matter? The fact that Turkey still denies what it committed? Do you seriously think we have to consider that prior to judging them?

And if you are worried about being judged, you are too late, as your nation has been judged since your ancestors' scimitar met the neck of mine. And it's not just Armenians who have formed a judgement of Turks, it is pretty much all those peoples from Bulgars to Serbs to Greeks, etc., that have been occupied by Turks. This isn't some vague 'judgement' we formed. First impressions matter, and that is what people always go off of. Have you been to a job interview and you horribly screwed yourself in that initial interview? Well, if you have experienced that, it is akin to that.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Unlike the Bible states, the strong will inherit the earth, not the meek.

Face the facts.

Yours/ours is a lost cause.
            Last edited by parthiapride; 04-25-2006, 07:14 PM.

Comment

when do we eat?

Comment

Originally posted by Otto3
                when do we eat?
                Eat what, Turks?

Moderator:

What happened to my other thread concerning the issue regarding our April 24 commemorations being highjacked by you know who?
                Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by parthiapride
                  Unlike the Bible states, the strong will inherit the earth, not the meek.

Face the facts.
                  Well, I actually entirely agree with this statement.

Yours/ours is a lost cause.
                  I think you ought to keep that comment to "yours" and then it wouldn't really be your business.

If you make it "ours", I don't care for defeatism either. Its a question of quantity vs quality. Yes someone has to lose eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
                    Eat what, Turks?

Moderator:

What happened to my other thread concerning the issue regarding our April 24 commemorations being highjacked by you know who?
                    you can asphyxiate???????

Comment

The audacity, aegeo, for you to post all that here. Isn't revisionist history fun? One doesn't have to look at the facts when there is an agenda to consider. The only thing is, no matter what history books might say trying desperately to cover this up, we here all know better. How can you honestly believe this when we still have grandparent's/great-grandparent's who were alive at this time and saw what was happening to their families. AND, as long as we have those personal histories (and, we all have them, and they match up quite well, despite mabye not knowing each other), fiction & half-truths like you just provided will NEVER be accepted by anybody worth their degree in history. As a matter of fact, what would you say to those Turks who HAVE done independant research & found that their country really DID massacre 1.5 million Armenians?

AND, before I go, you asked why not the Greeks? Oh yeah, because the Greeks & the Turks have been best friends throughout the ages...

Comment

Working...
                      X