Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenians & Turks & Medz Yegern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armenians & Turks & Medz Yegern

Originally posted by disksoleil
    in this link check the posting by 'terso' he suggests there has never been such a race called Armenian.... this knowledgeable smart dude says Armenian word comes from 'ormanli' (which means like people from forest, jungle etc) and that those ormanli people were a Turkish tribe who were living in forest and one day they cut each other with axes mistakenly and were killed all.
    I promised myself I wasn't going to get involved but after reading this, I couldn't help it. "Turkish tribe who were living in forest and one day they cut each other with axes mistakenly and were killed all." Mistakenly cut each other with axes and were all killed? How do you mistakenly kill an entire population? Hahaha

I think that you meant "Osmanli" tribe, not "Ormanly". The Osmanli Tribe was a Turkish tribe in western Anatolia that existed for a short period in the 14th century. Before the 1330s it was known as the Söğüt tribe and in 1383 it became the Ottoman Empire.

One of the Osmanli sayings goes: "They gave a beyship [kingship] to the Turk; and he first killed his father."

Comment

hi anileve, these are not my opinons, i just copied and pasted those, some people seriously believe those stuff, i am trying to explain them its not true.

it is so weird that some people believe such stuff, and it is stupid.

Comment

No prob. I am just correcting those stupid people's opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by disksoleil hi anileve, these are not my opinons, i just copied and pasted those, some people seriously believe those stuff, i am trying to explain them its not true.

it is so weird that some people believe such stuff, and it is stupid.
          I also didn't wanna get into this... but
          disksoleil... we KNOW that "some people" a.k.a. 99% of turks deny the Genocide...
          this is an Armenian forum.
          I don't see why you'd be posting such nonsenses in here...
          we KNOW what turks say about the Genocide...
          we don't need turks like yourself going to Armenian websites to let us know about that...
          the first time we asked you, you told us the reason you're here is that you wanna "learn" about Armenians... and I'm pretty sure that's why the Admin hasn't kicked you out yet...
          cuz (although I disagree with this) the rules of this website forbid any non armenians to be here...
          so stick to your principles... will you?

Comment

Hi jahannam

The point up there was not how Turks deny, or it was not to test whether you have studied your lessons about what Turks do in their life or how they think. The exact point was "what they DO NOT KNOW" and that, "IF YOU LET PEOPLE KNOW SOMETHING, THEY WONT DENY IT". Maybe they're too lazy to go and find out by themselves, so i thought there should be another way of teaching them... I thought you guys wanted genocide to be recognized. Maybe i was wrong after all huh?
            The aim of this thread had nothing so AGAINST you nor the Armenian Forum i guess. Plain discussion. For your information.

But thank you ALOT for reminding me of my principles, without you im lost.

Comment

Originally posted by jahannam I also didn't wanna get into this... but
              disksoleil... we KNOW that "some people" a.k.a. 99% of turks deny the Genocide...
              this is an Armenian forum.
              I don't see why you'd be posting such nonsenses in here...
              we KNOW what turks say about the Genocide...
              we don't need turks like yourself going to Armenian websites to let us know about that...
              the first time we asked you, you told us the reason you're here is that you wanna "learn" about Armenians... and I'm pretty sure that's why the Admin hasn't kicked you out yet...
              cuz (although I disagree with this) the rules of this website forbid any non armenians to be here...
              so stick to your principles... will you?
              I don't agree with the rules of the website.

If it is meant to provide Armenian unity, and those that want to interact with us should be welcome, not shunned off.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by disksoleil

The point up there was not how Turks deny, or it was not to test whether you have studied your lessons about what Turks do in their life or how they think. The exact point was "what they DO NOT KNOW" and that, "IF YOU LET PEOPLE KNOW SOMETHING, THEY WONT DENY IT". Maybe they're too lazy to go and find out by themselves, so i thought there should be another way of teaching them... I thought you guys wanted genocide to be recognized. Maybe i was wrong after all huh?
                ahhh... poor turks... they DON'T KNOW...
                ahh I feel so bad... I'm gonna cry....

hmmmm let's see...
                how do you explain the fact that EVERY April 24th some Turkish Children's Organization (supported by the Government) invites kids from ALL OVER Europe for an annual children's festival... and they dance and party and laugh, while, on that same EXACT day us Armenians have demonstrations commemorating our grandparents and asking for Justice in practically EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY in this world!
                that's just a coincidence huh... hmmm what a coincidence... I can't believe I hadn't thought about that!
                I haven't even STARTED talking about how many Turkish consulates have been assasinated all over the world for that same cause...
                (yeah I know you're gonna give me that "Armenians are terrorists" crap... don't care)
                I guess you don't know about that either.....huh?
                hmmm we should kill some more then... so that your people WAKE UP!
                bottomline...
                you guys KNOW..
                don't give me that "lazy" innocent wanna be crap..
                there MIGHT be some illiterate civilians who don't know...
                but your government knows well...very...
                there's a reason why Miramax tried to keep the movie "Ararat" and many other publications/films/artwork AS underground AS possible...
                and the fact that you yourself are DENYING the fact that they KNOW makes you a liar...

Comment

That celebration you are talking about is on 23rd of April, it symbolises something else important for us also... well it doesnt have anything to do with Armenians. Simply a day for children, whats wrong with it?

Comment

By the way i know about that 'assasinated consulates'. I also heard that some of those diplomats' kids were also murdered. Justice for you. Took revenge? That is not the way. But you dont care isn't it?

Comment

revenge?
                      no dear...
                      first of all ... nothing can balance the loss of 1.5 million souls.
                      second of all... we've made it clear enough (I guess not clear enough for YOU, since you think we kill people for revenge*rolling eyes*) that the purpose of those assasinations was to tell the world our story... to uncover the truth by making the Turkish Government ADMIT that a Genocide happened...
                      unfortunately, in this kind of a world, you can't get governments to pay attention to what you're up to, unless you take extreme measures (i.e. assasinate diplomats)...

Comment

Working...
                      X