Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turkey drops case against writer Orhan Pamuk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are really amazing!

1.5 I personally do not care what you think for me.
    You understand my post from the reverse. I am talking about the VERY existence of undemocratic establishment that
    leave Turkey parolized. I do point out the VERY existence of groups that want Turkey be in twighlight zone. The opening
    of such cases against Pamuk is just one example for it. The aim is to derail EU process.
    What I also point out is that Pamuk is comfortable with this. He knows this establishment very well and provokes such course of action
    against him so he would gain more media attention in west.
    Tell me and show me about Pamuk's such Armenian concern before in his life? He suddenly discovered it after his signing a contract with his US publisher some years ago?
    If you are comfortable what he is doing, i.e. using your death ancestors as means to promote himself, I cant say anything to you.
    Go with him....

I say everybody is comfortable with this, so called undemocratic groups are happy, Pamuk is happy.
    Same provocative approach to derail EU process goes with Agca case, and others goes on and on.
    You read it from books or papers, we live it through.

As for Turkish nationalism you have no slight clue about what it is. You are mixing nationalism with blind statetism.

Also for Taner Akcam, my thoughts pretty much clear I stand firmly behind my words against him. I knew him long time ago than he became popular in Turkey. I listened him in person. Did I say the same things for Fatma Muge?Did I say the same thing for Baskin Oran or Halil Berktay? I really wonder what you guys find anything academic in Taner Akcam...
    Look at his age, and he is still being *visiting* scholar from university to university. When I listened him he was visiting scholar at Michigan, now in Minnesota. In qualified academy this means a GREAT failure ok? For God's sake look at what age he got his PHD, look at his creditentials. For you the only crediential is he is 100% on your side. I am fine with it, and dont dispute it. I dispute his academic credientials. IF this make me blind greywolf nationalist, it is ok with me.

Originally posted by 1.5 million
    I want everyone to witness the above commentary. The typicity of it (for a Grey Wolf that is) - understand what I am saying about this TurQ character now. He is not in the least interested in reaching any truth or understanding. Nor does he have any empathy what so ever with the issue of the murder of 1.5 million Armenians and the snuffing of our nation - by TURKS/TURKEY! (stand tall - be proud - be a blind nationalist who defends the worst murderers and criminals of humanity...just the price others must pay - for continued Turkish dominance, wealth and power...)

And no - he is not a good guy - and if I thought so before I was highly mistaken. Instead of understanding the real fundemental issue and being critical of his nation's backwardness and anti-human rights orientation - prosecuting a person for (inocently or otherwise - who cares - is there really a point you are making?) stating such basic truths - becuse they are inconvienient to the Turkish State - because it does not fit in with their idea of State brainwashing of the population (concepts clearly supported by TurQ) - instead of addressing these real issues - he goes on the attack against Pamuk. He takes issue with pamuk - ooooo - he is insulting our great nation etc - He is looking for his own glory...well - this tactic is typical for your type TurQ - we've seen it many times before - I have not forgotten the manner in which Tanar Akam was personally attacked - versus digesting his very worthwhile and relevant message. No - instead you and those like you attcka nyone who steps out of line if the status quo - and dares to suggest that there might be views/perspectives other then the Turkish party line or that indeed Turkey may have done wrong...pathetic - and your (grey wolf) colors are showing through most clearly my friend...

Comment

Yes the idea is not to SILENCE Pamuk, on the contrary to make him more vocal about how Turkey is not democratic! Everybody is aware about the problems in Turkey. Their idea is to make EU community to think these problems wont go away. And give them a solid example by opening a case against Pamuk.

By trying to hurt him his voice will be heard MORE and provoke those already against the Turkish application to EU. Thats what exactly aimed. TO make his voice and his case more vocal to provoke EU leaders and community to be further skeptical for EU application. Thats so simple and evident.
      During his trial paid provocators attacked Pamuk and EU parlimenters, same idea. To show the scenes that are against EU process.
      Now the case is dropped do you see any events or riots or something? If there were a HUGE concern about his words would you see him silently go like this? The case is finished, harm is DONE.

Pamuk knew it very well that they cant harm him because of his popularity, but this case will just add more popularity to him. From the beginning I said
      the case will be dropped after the harm is done. Harm is done, case is dropped.
      I am asking you what Taner Akcam says is less severe? What Fatma Muge says is less severe? Why dont we see same thing goes with those two names?

To be honest Orhan Pamuk did not choose to provoke EU on this case. He was silent most of the time.

Originally posted by 1.5 million
      I want everyone to witness the above commentary. The typicity of it (for a Grey Wolf that is) - understand what I am saying about this TurQ character now. He is not in the least interested in reaching any truth or understanding. Nor does he have any empathy what so ever with the issue of the murder of 1.5 million Armenians and the snuffing of our nation - by TURKS/TURKEY! (stand tall - be proud - be a blind nationalist who defends the worst murderers and criminals of humanity...just the price others must pay - for continued Turkish dominance, wealth and power...)

And no - he is not a good guy - and if I thought so before I was highly mistaken. Instead of understanding the real fundemental issue and being critical of his nation's backwardness and anti-human rights orientation - prosecuting a person for (inocently or otherwise - who cares - is there really a point you are making?) stating such basic truths - becuse they are inconvienient to the Turkish State - because it does not fit in with their idea of State brainwashing of the population (concepts clearly supported by TurQ) - instead of addressing these real issues - he goes on the attack against Pamuk. He takes issue with pamuk - ooooo - he is insulting our great nation etc - He is looking for his own glory...well - this tactic is typical for your type TurQ - we've seen it many times before - I have not forgotten the manner in which Tanar Akam was personally attacked - versus digesting his very worthwhile and relevant message. No - instead you and those like you attcka nyone who steps out of line if the status quo - and dares to suggest that there might be views/perspectives other then the Turkish party line or that indeed Turkey may have done wrong...pathetic - and your (grey wolf) colors are showing through most clearly my friend...

Comment

As I said before - I don't care about Pamuk - he is not the issue. What does it matter what his motivations are or if he has ever uttered another word or had another thought about the Armenian genocide - I don't know and I really don't care. And in fact I am not so impressed. The issue is the degree to which the nyper-nationalist thought controlled mentality is prevelant still with the elites and with a substansial portion of your nation who accept such - who revel in their ignorance and who wish others were as stupid as they...(and I have spoken before how these types will be the ones who derail your EU bid). I am also entirely aware/understanding of all of these issues - Pamuks situation (why he was prosecuted and why his personal risk was negligible - but again I don't care about him) , I also understand the leftist (and other) opposition to Turkish Kemalist/Nationalist mainstream (and history of such), etc. In fact I would suggest to you to read the book "Top Hat, Grey Wolf and Crescent" by Hugh Poulton if you have not already done so - which sheds much light on your sick nationalsim and opposition to such through the years. I am not unaware at all of the various tides of dissent in your nation (and the slow movement towards greater inclusivenss...a movement which will not ever be complete without full disclosure and honesty concerning the Armenian Genocide - way beyond what your ready to admit at this time).

Again - you rely on ad hominem and dance around the real (tough for you) issues. Earlier you stated that you had not read Ackam...but now you are an expert concerning his academic credentials. Well I have read Ackam and I have read you - and believe me - there is no comparison of the level of understanding of Turkish political and cultural issues as they relate to your society's flawed historography, the reason for it and the damage it does you and the prospects for and need for evolution. You amuse me with your pathetic non-critique. It like your attack on Pamuk - it just exposes your desperation and lack of anything relevant to offer.

Comment

Working...
        X